Sons vs Rovers

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

No there wasn't, but I don't think there was any great names about even through guys like Matt Elder who are close to the club. 

I would personally preferred Danny Lennon, but a club who started this seasons competitive games with 3 subs on the bench were unlikely to be able to afford compensation, especially when still paying Smith off. 

I can see why people aren't exactly inspired by the appointment of Mcglynn but there wasn't really anything to suggest it would go as badly as it has. 

The club as a whole completely underestimated this league and the teams in it this season. Thought that we could make do and mend and still finish above the likes of Arbroath who have built a very very good side together.  Even as recently as last month, its been deemed that we don't need defensive reinforcements.

That's what has to change for next season first of all. 

Fair enough comment

Last night game,what the fook is our keeper doing at the first goal?

Not just on last nights game but in general we are fookin murder at closing players down,similarly, murder at winning second balls

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Raith fans complaining about not clearing their lines for their goals....

2 cracking first time shots, from what looked like outside the box, beat your goalie. Give it a rest.
The defending of that second goal by Gillespie was utter horse shit. Any fan would have the right to criticise it. As for the finish no issues.

Just out of interest, who do you think  the board should have got in?
I can't remember there being much quality names interested in the job at the time, in fact with Novo sitting with the directors at the Brechin game it was quite the opposite. 
Danny Lennon. End of discussion. [emoji12]

I believe I had the answer at the time.We should have went for Ian Murray. So I’m either ignored or blocked by some if not most Rovers supporters. TBF I don’t blame them as I have a tendency to be an arse. 

Ian Murray could go on to do great things with Airdrie, but with six wins in 17 league games, he’s not exactly off to a roaring start.

Ian Murray could go on to do great things with Airdrie, but with six wins in 17 league games, he’s not exactly off to a roaring start.
I'm of the opinion that we will have a better impression next season. But even at that, he's now hamstrung with absolute haddies on 2 year deals that he never asked for.
There'll be a clear out, but not as much as he likes (imo).
For me personally, he'll be judged from June onwards.

The first time you haven’t ripped me, which if I’m honest is a pleasant surprise. So I’ll give you a reasonable answer. John McGlynn has had an inauspicious start at us. Ian Murray did wonders with Dumbarton as he brought a new way of thinking and a dietician to help promote a healthier and fitter regime to part time players. Given time as Ammo said, next season is where he might make his mark. Both clubs respectively were on the down turn. It’ll take time to replenish and revitalise a squad and turn them into a team.

I'm of the opinion that we will have a better impression next season. But even at that, he's now hamstrung with absolute haddies on 2 year deals that he never asked for.
There'll be a clear out, but not as much as he likes (imo).
For me personally, he'll be judged from June onwards.

We’re endowed with absolute haddies too. Next season is where McGlynn will be judged then

Ian Murray hit the ground running with us and we avoided relegation when it had seemed a foregone conclusion but he took us to a new level after he had a summer transfer window. We finished fifth in the championship and got to our first Scottish cup quarter final in 35 years. The fact that we were mildly disappointed at only finishing 7th the following season is testament to the impact he had in his first 18 months.

Archived