Sons vs Rovers

Got agree with the Hutton comments, the guy looks like he's struggling to move. After about 60 minutes I fully expected him to be taken off, I couldn't believe he lasted the 90. God knows what sort of damage he's doing by continuing to play, a hip isn't something you want to f**k around with.

Here's a thought... if we manage to bring McLean in, and he looks the part, do we think Henk would work in midfield? I'm really not sure about Ryan Thomson, and if I'm being brutally honest he's fairly pish.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Did I actually see on the highlights players wearing gloves,pansies,fined 2 weeks wages immediately,next thing they'll be putting their hands over their mouth to make sure Sons TV don't know what their saying,God give me strength:thumbsdown

Ooft. Or, y’know, they had cold hands.

7 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

Here's a thought... if we manage to bring McLean in, and he looks the part, do we think Henk would work in midfield? I'm really not sure about Ryan Thomson, and if I'm being brutally honest he's fairly pish.

It's worth a shot imo. I echo your views on Thomson. He just seems to be a big guy, but I've absolutely no idea what he actually does. He's not great on the ball, he's not a hard tackler, he's not particularly attacking, last night he was shrugged off the ball every time he got near it, and he's not particularly mobile.

I stand by what I said at the time, we shouldn't have punted Brad Spencer without bringing someone in as a replacement. Our natural options in CM are now Carsy, an injured Hutton or Thomson. That's not great at all. The only other choice is hoping Forbes and Carsy works better than Hutton and Forbes - but that would nullify him on the wing which would be a shame.

5 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

I believe I had the answer at the time.We should have went for Ian Murray. So I’m either ignored or blocked by some if not most Rovers supporters. TBF I don’t blame them as I have a tendency to be an arse.

5 hours ago, CALDERON said:

Ian Murray hasn't really done all that great at Airdrie though to be fair, if anything they are on the verge of being dragged back into the relegation fight. 

A common criticism of Mcglynn is that he failed at other clubs, well Murray was a spectacular failure at St Mirren. 

Tend to agree with señor CALDERON. I think Murray did well while he had tack Ross as his assistant, there's no doubt who was the stronger and more influential of that partnership. Without Jack Ross Mr Murray has been decidedly average and in places rank rotten.

Tend to agree with señor CALDERON. I think Murray did well while he had tack Ross as his assistant, there's no doubt who was the stronger and more influential of that partnership. Without Jack Ross Mr Murray has been decidedly average and in places rank rotten.
False.

Murray was still comfortably keeping us in the Championship after Ross left for Hearts.

9 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

Oaft. Goalie for the first and Gillespie at the second. Oaft

I agree but IMO the fault for the first lays more with Crane trying to go on a mazy, losing it and leaving the door open behind him, I though maybe  it looked like it took a deflection on the way in but on closer inspection no and the keeper should definitely have done a lot better.

Neither fullbacks nor the keeper can be too pleased with their parts played in the goals.

1 hour ago, Ross Forbes said:

It's worth a shot imo. I echo your views on Thomson. He just seems to be a big guy, but I've absolutely no idea what he actually does. He's not great on the ball, he's not a hard tackler, he's not particularly attacking, last night he was shrugged off the ball every time he got near it, and he's not particularly mobile.

I stand by what I said at the time, we shouldn't have punted Brad Spencer without bringing someone in as a replacement. Our natural options in CM are now Carsy, an injured Hutton or Thomson. That's not great at all. The only other choice is hoping Forbes and Carsy works better than Hutton and Forbes - but that would nullify him on the wing which would be a shame.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but on the evidence of the past few months, I'd rather have Kyle Hutton with his golf-ball sized cyst in the team than either Thomson or Paton.

17 minutes ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

False.

Murray was still comfortably keeping us in the Championship after Ross left for Hearts.

It's amazing how that wee myth sticks with absolutely everyone and no matter how many times you point out Ross was there long before Murray and we were utter gubbins, people still believe it was Ross who was the brains behind it.

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

It's amazing how that wee myth sticks with absolutely everyone and no matter how many times you point out Ross was there long before Murray and we were utter gubbins, people still believe it was Ross who was the brains behind it.

Probably because Ross has been successful everywhere he's been, winning promotion after promotion and Ian Murray has.......

6 hours ago, The Moonster said:

That fall he took when everyone thought the ref had given a penalty was hilarious too. What a complete shitehawk.

The linesman doesn't have the benefit of another look and he gives offside. The replay shows that it's tight but Barrs is goal side (both his feet are behind Buchanans) when Flanagan shoots, had he not flagged for offside the ref might have had to give it for Barr pulling him back. 

Irrelevant now as it probably wouldn't have changed anything it was still a shite game.

12 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Probably because Ross has been successful everywhere he's been, winning promotion after promotion and Ian Murray has.......

I get why people make that link, but it does Ian Murray a disservice and inflates the Jack Ross bubble.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

The linesman doesn't have the benefit of another look and he gives offside. The replay shows that it's tight but Barrs is goal side (both his feet are behind Buchanans) when Flanagan shoots, had he not flagged for offside the ref might have had to give it for Barr pulling him back. 

Irrelevant now as it probably wouldn't have changed anything it was still a shite game.

Buchanan has absolutely dived there and it's never a penalty. Hence why there were so many baffled and confused faces when the ref appeared to point to the spot.

4 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

I get why people make that link, but it does Ian Murray a disservice and inflates the Jack Ross bubble.

Buchanan has absolutely dived there and it's never a penalty. Hence why there were so many baffled and confused faces when the ref appeared to point to the spot.

Barr appears to haul him back, he certainly has at least a hand on his shoulder, some/most attackers would go down with less contact than that. If it had been at the other end I'll bet you would all have shouted for it.

29 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Barr appears to haul him back, he certainly has at least a hand on his shoulder, some/most attackers would go down with less contact than that. If it had been at the other end I'll bet you would all have shouted for it.

Just because other folk dive it doesn't make Buchanan's acceptable. I hate this "If you feel contact you're entitled to go down" stuff, it's a contact sport, you absolutely are not at liberty to fall over when someone touches you.  Of course I'd have shouted for it, but if we'd been awarded it I'd have been the first guy on here saying it was a terrible decision (or more than likely winding up the Raith fans saying it was a terrible decision).

For the record I didn't think it was such a strong shout for the pen, Buchanan is too old and too slow, he even reacts too late to the pull. I also agree far too many players go down too easily and Ex-Rover Jason Thomson was an absolute embarrassment to us in that respect.

The only real mistake made in the incident was the assistant ref giving offside but even that is forgivable as it was a tight yin.

Of course had Mr Newlands awarded the pen then it'd have been another goal for Nisbet, he's some machine! :wub:

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Rovers equaliser is unacceptable from a Dumbarton point of view. Not a chance the striker should get a header on target from there, never mind in the last minute. Defender needs to take charge of the situation and he's sold the jerseys.

Like Mark Durnan?

Archived