Morton v Queens

1 hour ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It's as if the people having a pop at Dobbie because he didn't score against their team come across as being a  bit disappointed,  and every one of them would bite your hand off to have him in their team,  puffing mess or not. 

Nope, I'd choose having a balanced squad of players over signing Dobbie and therefore becoming a rubbish, one-trick pony outfit like Queens are every day of the week.  Which given the fact that the clubs have similar budgets and yet only Morton have achieved anything worthwhile since he rejoined your club, is a stance entirely supported by the facts. 

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, virginton said:

Nope, I'd choose having a balanced squad of players over signing Dobbie and therefore becoming a rubbish, one-trick pony outfit like Queens are every day of the week.  Which given the fact that the clubs have similar budgets and yet only Morton have achieved anything worthwhile since he rejoined your club, is a stance entirely supported by the facts. 

That analysis has about as much intellectual rigour as a scaffolding plank. 

15 minutes ago, virginton said:

^^^^ thinks he’s good at Football Manager.

The FACTS, hotshot,are these: Dobbie is very far from being a one-trick pony, Morton have achieved buggerall  since he went back to Queens, you have no idea what he’s being paid or how it’s being funded and nor do you have any idea of what Queens’ budget was.  You’re just being a tosser.......  yet again.

Since Dobbie signed for Queen of the South, Morton have reached the promotion playoff spot, have enjoyed a run to the semi finals of the League Cup, and have reached the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup in two of the previous three seasons (another run being ended in Round 5 by a 2-1 defeat at Ibrox). In contrast, Queens have had a solitary run to the QF of the Scottish Cup and have finished in the bottom half of the table every single season. 

For you to dismiss the discrepancy there as 'bugger all' simply exposes your utter stupidity: those are in fact the core objectives of both of these football clubs operating right now. The fact that Queen of the South have failed to achieve those genuine achievements year in year out shows that their transfer strategy has utterly failed. 

24 minutes ago, virginton said:

Since Dobbie signed for Queen of the South, Morton have reached the promotion playoff spot, have enjoyed a run to the semi finals of the League Cup, and have reached the quarter finals of the Scottish Cup in two of the previous three seasons (another run being ended in Round 5 by a 2-1 defeat at Ibrox). In contrast, Queens have had a solitary run to the QF of the Scottish Cup and have finished in the bottom half of the table every single season. 

For you to dismiss the discrepancy there as 'bugger all' simply exposes your utter stupidity: those are in fact the core objectives of both of these football clubs operating right now. The fact that Queen of the South have failed to achieve those genuine achievements year in year out shows that their transfer strategy has utterly failed. 

When exactly did Dobbie play for QOS chump? 

23 minutes ago, virginton said:

Wow, we got to our first semi final since before your mammy knitted you, lost, then we scraped into the playoff places and promptly crashed and burned. Just for you, I’ll revise my earlier summation to nearly buggerall.

Queens finished above us last season and were above us till we won on Tuesday. 

What, precisely, is your point, caller?

1 hour ago, virginton said:

We've not reached a Scottish Cup QF since Dobbie's return to us, have we?

I know this doesn't exactly damage your point, but 'Fun with Facts' requires factual accuracy.

1 hour ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I know this doesn't exactly damage your point, but 'Fun with Facts' requires factual accuracy.

He’s often inaccurate with his “facts”; maybe it’s downright lies sometimes,  He relies on people not giving enough of a crap about it to check his posts out.

Such a tiresome child.

He’s often inaccurate with his “facts”; maybe it’s downright lies sometimes,  He relies on people not giving enough of a crap about it to check his posts out.
Such a tiresome child.

VT is capable of defending himself but that’s clearly not what he said...

Since Dobbie signed for Queen of the South ... Queens have had a solitary run to the QF of the Scottish Cup.

Quite prepared to be whooshed on this one but that, to me, says that Queen’s did make a QF appearance since Dobbie arrived.

17 minutes ago, The Naitch said:

VT is capable of defending himself but that’s clearly not what he said...

Quite prepared to be whooshed on this one but that, to me, says that Queen’s did make a QF appearance since Dobbie arrived.

What year did this happen in?

I'm assuming he's referring to this, Dobbie's second spell with the club.  Otherwise, he'd have had to acknowledge the final we reached during the first one.  

Guest Flash
6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

What year did this happen in?

I'm assuming he's referring to this, Dobbie's second spell with the club.  Otherwise, he'd have had to acknowledge the final we reached during the first one.  

I think he maybe meant a League Cup QF.

If he was talking about from when Dobbie FIRST signed he'd have to include a Challenge Cup win (one of two fhey've achieved; we've only reached the final once and regularly crash out at the first time of asking) and a Scottish Cup Final appearance. Much more than we've achieved over the same period. But since he's always selective with his "facts" and economical with the actuality no doubt he'll claim that "since Dobbie signed" meant "for the second time". He just didn't say that. 

Guest Flash
6 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

If he was talking about from when Dobbie FIRST signed he'd have to include a Challenge Cup win (one of two fhey've achieved; we've only reached the final once and regularly crash out at the first time of asking) and a Scottish Cup Final appearance. Much more than we've achieved over the same period. But since he's always selective with his "facts" and economical with the actuality no doubt he'll claim that "since Dobbie signed" meant "for the second time". He just didn't say that. 

Dobbie didn’t play for us in either of the seasons that we won the Challenge Cup. I think he was clearly talking about the second time because that is the period that Dobbie’s wages would have been out of step with the others. Looks to me that he just typed “Scottish” instead of “League”. We got to the League Cup QF in Dobbie’s first season while Skelton was still the manager.

45 minutes ago, Flash said:

Dobbie didn’t play for us in either of the seasons that we won the Challenge Cup. 

Nope, but the phrase used was “since Dobbie signed”. Your second Challenge Cup wIn was after he’d first signed for you.

1 hour ago, kirkyblue2 said:

Martin played a blinder there.

The thing is that he'd made a good save to lead to the corner too, but again that's consistent with what we know.  He can make good stops, but his lack of command is a real problem.  

There can maybe be a degree of bandwagon jumping and maybe even scapegoating as regards Martin.  He's surely culpable there though.  That corner arrives about three yards in front of him, just two in fact from his starting position.  He's a big bloke who gets to use his hands - there's no excuse.  I'm getting rather fed up of seeing him rooted to the spot looking baffled, as the ball settles behind him.

Absolutely woeful. Wtf is Brownlie even doing? Seriously, if you aren't going to go for the ball at least mark someone ffs!! He has no idea where his marker is. Martin yet again nowhere to be seen. No excuses for why he doesn't come for that.

Completely amateur defending at a corner yet again.

Archived