Morton v Queens

Every manager seems to go through a phase of not having the courage of his convictions and needlessly dicking about with personnel and formations hoping to stumble on a winning formula. It never works. The answer is always to go back to basics and do the things you were doing well previously.

I’m hearing that tonight was a 4-4-2 with Wilson and Doyle as wingers. Astonishing!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does Reece Lyon get to keep Queen of the South yet?

Got his chance against you then got injured and not really been in the team since until tonight. Absolute class performance from someone so young and inexperienced.

There's not many midfielders in this division who are both dynamic and have the quality on the ball to match it so I hope he keeps progressing.

Tidser again showed why it's absolutely baffling why our manager has been letting us slide in to a relegation battle with him dropped to the bench.

We definitely deserved the win in a formation and system that actually worked for us tonight.

Tumilty was really good for us and probably played his best game in a Morton shirt. Of course he had a couple of mis-placed passes which inevitably got the over-reaction from some. But over-all I thought he had a great game.

Tidser and Lyon showed up well too and the midfield partnership worked. Kilday was good at the back also.

We're still struggling up front though. McHugh is our main goal threat. Thomson wasn't too bad when he came on and at least  he's someone who can win headers. 

Young Dallas looks like the development player he is - maybe one for the future but right now it looks a step up too early in his career. Maybe he will adapt as the season goes on who knows?

In the end up a massive 3 points which incredibly leaves us only 3 points off the 4th playoff spot. 

Still a tight league with 10  games to go

will we be able to afford Sir Stephen in League 1? If GN is offered a new contract, queue disintegration of crowds to 80's levels. I will join the abstainers. This is just dire. GN honest and likeable guy, but PLEASE realise your limitations and do me a favour.  

Does Reece Lyon get to keep Queen of the South yet?

Got his chance against you then got injured and not really been in the team since until tonight. Absolute class performance from someone so young and inexperienced.

There's not many midfielders in this division who are both dynamic and have the quality on the ball to match it so I hope he keeps progressing.

Tidser again showed why it's absolutely baffling why our manager has been letting us slide in to a relegation battle with him dropped to the bench.

He can fucking have them if he wants!

Every manager seems to go through a phase of not having the courage of his convictions and needlessly dicking about with personnel and formations hoping to stumble on a winning formula. It never works. The answer is always to go back to basics and do the things you were doing well previously.

I’m hearing that tonight was a 4-4-2 with Wilson and Doyle as wingers. Astonishing!

More like an 8-2 while lumping balls to Dykes and Dobbie.

That Wilson does not look like a footballer. Strolls about like a wounded gazelle.

Thought McCrorie was excellent for us tonight. Didn't have much to do as such, but was a great calming influence at the back. The exact opposite of Martin up the other end, who was hopelessly glued to his line Gaston style for the goal.

3 minutes ago, tigerton said:

Thought McCrorie was excellent for us tonight. Didn't have much to do as such, but was a great calming influence at the back. The exact opposite of Martin up the other end, who was hopelessly glued to his line Gaston style for the goal.

Yep Martin is a dreadful keeper. Flash`s  line about a line dancing group being after him when apparently we turned down bids for a few players in January remains a particular favourite of mine..

That’s an absolutely massive win. It’s still going to be an uncomfortable end to the season but from here two wins and a few draws from the final 10 games should see us safe and three wins almost certainly will. Shitfesting 1-0s will do fine.

We’re a long long way from turning the corner, but that was our best performance in weeks. Tidser and Lyon should be starting every game.

34 minutes ago, TheGoon said:

That’s the best we’ve played in a wee while, midfield in particular were great, but Queens were horrendous.  

Maybe more to do with us being horrendous than you being good.  Wasn't impressed by either team.

20 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Yep Martin is a dreadful keeper. Flash`s  line about a line dancing group being after him when apparently we turned down bids for a few players in January remains a particular favourite of mine..

Martin actually had a two or three excellent saves tonight I thought but ultimately the number of crosses he doesn't deal with will be his downfall. 

7 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Maybe more to do with us being horrendous than you being good.  Wasn't impressed by either team.

Martin actually had a two or three excellent saves tonight I thought but ultimately the number of crosses he doesn't deal with will be his downfall. 

Yep Martin does make some decent saves. As you suggest though an ability or even willingness to deal with cross balls is a basic minimum for a decent keeper. if you don`t deal with crosses then you have to be exceptional at the other stuff. Martin isn`t. I await with dread the announcement of the "good news" that we`ve extended his contract.

Thought we deserved the win, even if it had to come from a set piece with 5 mins to go. We controlled it with our midfield 3 and looked solid defensively too.  Full backs caused a lot of problems and that is now 401 minutes without conceding at Cappielow currently.

Queens were poor, and whilst Dobbie is always a threat, I felt we kept him quiet tonight which gave us a chance to win the game.

Didn't expect it, but that was a pretty good performance from us. Hopefully get the same level of performance against Falkirk.

Special mention to Lyon and  Tidser who worked brilliantly together. Hopefully Lyon can kick on and replace Tids when he moves on!

Have said it before McCrorie will be the reason we survive this year. Tonight had a few solid saves you would expect a decent goalie to make, commands his area and comes and claims lose balls punted and up for grabs. Hope Rangers punt him and we see an opportunity.

Realistically hope Rangers let us have him next year and not punt him out to a lower half Premier mob.

Great show from young Lyons but did run out of steam my MOM. Who go it didn't hear at full time.

Six shots on target I all all dizzy, were we better or were QOS just poor?

10 minutes ago, Paisley Ton said:

Have said it before McCrorie will be the reason we survive this year. Tonight had a few solid saves you would expect a decent goalie to make, commands his area and comes and claims loose balls punted and up for grabs. Hope Rangers punt him and we see an opportunity.

Oh to have a keeper that does that.

Archived