Morton v Queens

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Queens have lost 4 league games in a row Morton will score just depends how tight Morton mark Dobbie he is our only goal threat  .

Queens are sadly heading for relegation

Yep we never ever score if Dobbie doesn`t do the needful.

Hence a 2-0 defeat from Alloa today.

14 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Morton will score

:lol:

We’ve scored 7 goals in 13 games.

If we are going to shitfest a few 1-0 wins out of nowhere in the remainder of the season this game is one of our best chances to do it, but I’m still not confident.

I suppose we have the consolation that if we lose again here, we’ll surely be rid of Johansson at last.

4 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

Two teams who apparently can't defend crosses into the box.  Sounds like we're guaranteed it won't end goalless. 

You need to actually get into the final third of the park to put in decent crosses but that doesn't fit with TTGJ's footballing philosophy. 

Morton and Queens bottom of the form tables over the last  8, 10 and 12 games.

At least Queens can score goals so expect them to scrape a 1-0 win. JJ will talk about how Queens are flying so we need to set up with a tight defensive shape to cope with their obvious qualities!

I've no doubt JJ is a nice guy who loves his football, had a good career and may well coach in some capacity elsewhere in the future but he absolutely must be sacked if we lose this to give us a chance of staying up.  That would be a 22% win percentage which is simply not good enough and let's be honest, we were lucky to win a few of the 5 games he has won.

If we go with him until the end of the season,  we will finish 10th!

In saying that, I'm not one of these fans who want us to get pumped so he is bagged. I hope I am completely wrong and he somehow wins both of these games and keeps us up but personally can't see it.

Huge week for us!

I wonder what odds you can get on Morton and Queens both getting relegated.

If Tidser is not playing from the start (and as an attacking midfielder) tomorrow night, there should be a re-run of the Cappielow riot.

I thought JJ was an interesting appointment, and a move away from the tired old management roundabout that plagues Scottish football.  However he clearly has not got a clue about anything - setting us up to play 5 at the back against lower division opposition ffs.  but his worst and most obvious failure is in  having Michael Tidser sitting on the bench for most of the time, and not having him creating chances for our strikers.  Equivalent would probably be Queens having Dobbie on the bench, and I don't think that happens very often these days...

No idea how this will go.  I like to think we will win 6-0 (as I always do tbf) but as we rarely score any goals now that's not going to happen.

5 minutes ago, Alibi said:

If Tidser is not playing from the start (and as an attacking midfielder) tomorrow night, there should be a re-run of the Cappielow riot.

I thought JJ was an interesting appointment, and a move away from the tired old management roundabout that plagues Scottish football.  However he clearly has not got a clue about anything - setting us up to play 5 at the back against lower division opposition ffs.  but his worst and most obvious failure is in  having Michael Tidser sitting on the bench for most of the time, and not having him creating chances for our strikers.  Equivalent would probably be Queens having Dobbie on the bench, and I don't think that happens very often these days...

No idea how this will go.  I like to think we will win 6-0 (as I always do tbf) but as we rarely score any goals now that's not going to happen.

:lol:

19 hours ago, virginton said:

You need to actually get into the final third of the park to put in decent crosses but that doesn't fit with TTGJ's footballing philosophy. 

It shouldn't really bother me but I need to ask,  what exactly does referring to you manager as TTGJ mean? It will probably turn out to be something obvious. 

Michael Tidser sitting on the bench for most of the time, and not having him creating chances for our strikers.  Equivalent would probably be Queens having Dobbie on the bench

I remember my first pint...

2 hours ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

It shouldn't really bother me but I need to ask,  what exactly does referring to you manager as TTGJ mean? It will probably turn out to be something obvious. 

Time To Go Jonatan

4 hours ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

I remember my first pint...

I think you miss the point.  I'm not directly comparing the 2 players, but Tidser is vital to Morton as he is about the only player we have available who creates anything - it's a toss up between Tidser and Chris Millar as to who is our best playe, and most of the others are pretty mediocre under JJ's management and tactics.  Anyway TTGJ (Time To Go, Jonaton) has either left Tidser out the squad or started him on the bench recently, a selection policy that has not gone down well with the support.  Maybe tomorrow he'll select him to start.  I doubt you'd be terribly impressed if Naysmith left Dobbie out.

BTW our loan goalie, McRorie, looks a player. Definite upgrade on Gaston.  I doubt we have any chance of keeping him after the end of the season unfortunately.  Just seems to have an assurance about him, commands his area well and not slow to come out to block when needed.  Which is fairly often when you have our defence in front of you.

30 minutes ago, Alibi said:

I think you miss the point.  I'm not directly comparing the 2 players, but Tidser is vital to Morton as he is about the only player we have available who creates anything - it's a toss up between Tidser and Chris Millar as to who is our best playe, and most of the others are pretty mediocre under JJ's management and tactics.  Anyway TTGJ (Time To Go, Jonaton) has either left Tidser out the squad or started him on the bench recently, a selection policy that has not gone down well with the support.  Maybe tomorrow he'll select him to start.  I doubt you'd be terribly impressed if Naysmith left Dobbie out.

BTW our loan goalie, McRorie, looks a player. Definite upgrade on Gaston.  I doubt we have any chance of keeping him after the end of the season unfortunately.  Just seems to have an assurance about him, commands his area well and not slow to come out to block when needed.  Which is fairly often when you have our defence in front of you.

The polar opposite of our goalkeeper then.

Archived