Mathematical Certainty for 2019-20

22 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The EoS was failing in 2016-17 with 11 clubs, which was the perfect time for a merger. But the SJFA weren't interested in the pyramid so that's why the EoS is no longer failing...

Yep that's basically it, a shame it had to come to that but there was only one way to join the pyramid and clubs were happy to put up with a waste of a year.

If you want to have a chance of playing Glenrothes again or getting to tier 6 then you should join those horrific leagues.

I wouldn't have called it a merger, I think a more accurate description would have been to call it an act of colonisation. (The act of appropriating a place or domain for one's own use or the action of settling among and establishing control over an existing group).

I wouldn't have called it a merger, I think a more accurate description would have been to call it an act of colonisation. (The act of appropriating a place or domain for one's own use or the action of settling among and establishing control over an existing group).
Not really. Clubs left the SJFA to join the EoS. The EoS accepted them. That's it.

This is probably how the East Junior fans regard their new South Super League compared to the Seeded Conferences.

image.png.aaabc2690f6eaf5fc7a2034d8158649c.png

Of course while the South Super League is the peak that those clubs can aim for, the EoS Conferences have the EoS Premier to get to promoted to and also to face in Cup competitions.

image.png.053dfd04615d3ed742a808acc8c559b2.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

1 hour ago, sniffer said:

We’ll see, what’s embarrassing is the pish you talk obout every fekin day, you go on about the same shite over and over and over again.
I’m sure the last Blackburn game “Junior” was and absolute pumping and u’ll never guess who from
THORNTON emoji12.png

I guess the point you are trying to make is that a team should feel embarassed and humiliated to lose to a team like Thornton?

Away and blow your nose Sniffer :lol:

4 hours ago, sniffer said:

So basically it’s the eos junior premier division , a waste of a year and playing shite just to get back to virtually the same league.
The leagues below looks absolutely horrific who the hell would want to join that .

Not really got rid of scumdee clubs and revitalised others like crossgates and we know who we are playing in advance. Its shite. I'd rather not know who we r playing one week to the next and junior cup ripping a hole in ur season. Nothing eosfl done couldn't have been done by the juniors just didn't want too

5 hours ago, sniffer said:

...The leagues below looks absolutely horrific who the hell would want to join that .

Somebody who is confident they can get promoted from it and stay above it? Not many clubs south of the Tay in the ERSJFA who would be likely to be fixtures in the EoS premier. Whitburn if they returned to what they used to be like and that's pretty much it.

4 hours ago, sniffer said:

We’ll see, what’s embarrassing is the pish you talk obout every fekin day, you go on about the same shite over and over and over again.
I’m sure the last Blackburn game “Junior” was and absolute pumping and u’ll never guess who from
THORNTON emoji12.png

Nope. Try again.

29 minutes ago, sniffer said:

What league is Glenrothes playing in next season ? Or do you still not know yet
Embarrassing

They'll both be in the East of Scotland First Division.

25 minutes ago, sniffer said:

You think Glenrothes juniors won’t be in the same league as Glenrothes strollers, that is utter nonsense.

Will be better and more competitive than the farce of a structure the ERJFA have planned for next season. If you're all wanting to play your next door neighbours in perpetuity, join the Kingdom AFA. North and South conferences at the 'top' of Junior football is a joke.

22 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Somebody who is confident they can get promoted from it and stay above it? Not many clubs south of the Tay in the ERSJFA who would be likely to be fixtures in the EoS premier. Whitburn if they returned to what they used to be like and that's pretty much it.

Fauldhouse, Bathgate, Kennoway, Armadale, Thornton and Tayport were all fairly regular at East Premier and sometimes East Super League level. With the North of Tay clubs out of the way and clubs filtering up to the Lowland League they could all reach EoS Premier and make a go of it i'm sure.

41 minutes ago, sniffer said:

What league is Glenrothes playing in next season ? Or do you still not know yet
Embarrassing

What league are you playing in? nothing has been decided at all in the East Juniors and I heard a wee rumour that the North and South "Superleagues" might not happen afterall.  Nothing will be confirmed until AGM. Embarrassing.

Glenrothes will be playing in one of the two tier 7 Conferences.

12 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

What league are you playing in? nothing has been decided at all in the East Juniors and I heard a wee rumour that the North and South "Superleagues" might not happen afterall.  Nothing will be confirmed until AGM. Embarrassing.

How would that work if the clubs voted on the proposals already? There can't be that many swing votes to screw over the clubs that opted for local football, who otherwise may have been considering moving to the EoSFL.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

How would that work if the clubs voted on the proposals already? There can't be that many swing votes to screw over the clubs that opted for local football, who otherwise may have been considering moving to the EoSFL.

They can only change the league set-up at an EGM or AGM, there's not been an EGM to the best of my knowledge.  Given they are trying to get into the Pyramid (unlikely) some people apparently think that having two regional "Superleagues" will make it even more unlikely.  May or may not be true but as it stands until the clubs formally vote on it, nobody knows the structure yet for next season.

3 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

They can only change the league set-up at an EGM or AGM, there's not been an EGM to the best of my knowledge.  Given they are trying to get into the Pyramid (unlikely) some people apparently think that having two regional "Superleagues" will make it even more unlikely.  May or may not be true but as it stands until the clubs formally vote on it, nobody knows the structure yet for next season.

While in terms of North of Tay and South of Tay there's more South of Tay clubs. Problem is there's more old school "Tayside" than not. The "Tayside" vote could band together to try and ensure they fall under the Lowland League without being split up.

Just now, FairWeatherFan said:

While in terms of North of Tay and South of Tay there's more South of Tay clubs. Problem is there's more old school "Tayside" than not. The "Tayside" vote could band together to try and ensure they fall under the Lowland League without being split up.

If you look at it another way, if they go down the route of North and South, it's harder to argue that the HL/LL line should be ignored and in theory easier for the South clubs to split away into the EoS.

Let everyone know how you get on after your meeting with Rod Petrie and the SFA  and told them where to go and where to shove it.
Thanks
I'm not having a meeting with Rod Petrie. The EoSFA are, and I'm sure those present will get their point across to him just fine (again).

Then again, maybe he'll start waving articles 62-64 around as you suggested [emoji23]