Mathematical Certainty for 2019-20

To be honest the way people are suggesting the LL relegation rules if no EoS team was to win promotion due to no licenses then Whitehill Welfare won't be relegated.

• Bottom club in the LL is only relegated if there's a licensed champion from Tier 6
  • Cove go up, Berwick go down but due to the Selkirk vacancy there is no need to relegate the bottom club to "maintain a membership of sixteen clubs" As they would be at exactly 16 with the LL15+Berwick.

They messed up the wording by talking about bottom and second bottom rather than 15th and 16th, so that's not 100% clear cut. It was always likely that WW back in is the default position making this all academic. Having a club promoted from the EoS and Cove promoted to the SPFL is the scenario that relegates WW in a way that still opens a place for Sauchie.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

If there's no promotion only on licensing grounds there would be an mass exodus back to the juniors in my opinion.

The sfa have a chance here if they and the LL do a self preservation job when those clubs have taking a big risk in moving then they'd be well within their rights to hold up the two fingers and head back.

45 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If there's no promotion only on licensing grounds there would be an mass exodus back to the juniors in my opinion.

The sfa have a chance here if they and the LL do a self preservation job when those clubs have taking a big risk in moving then they'd be well within their rights to hold up the two fingers and head back.

Seriously?   if you guys had finished ahead of Broxburn then you may have had a better chance at promotion.  You didn't so you'll need to live with that if it means EoS next season.   I cant see Bonnyrigg, Broxburn or Penicuik going back to the Juniors, or anyone for that matter.

51 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Why would anyone go back. Your playing in a similar standard league without the yokels from tayside and at least get your season finished at a respectable time.  You only have to look at the fixture scheduling regards to Bonnyrigg. That would not have happened had they been succesful like that in the juniors. Their season at worst is going to finish on 1st June, In the juniors they would be playing right up.

Why would anyone go back. Your playing in a similar standard league without the yokels from tayside and at least get your season finished at a respectable time.  You only have to look at the fixture scheduling regards to Bonnyrigg. That would not have happened had they been succesful like that in the juniors. Their season at worst is going to finish on 1st June, In the juniors they would be playing right up.
If the promises made are gone back on and the pyramid encompasses the juniors anyway. I'd argue that having the Junior Cup also on your calendar would be reason enough to consider going back.

This is why it needs to be one thing.

I'm not complaining at all about how the EoS is run, it's been top class in that regard. I'm saying there could be an easier route to the LL available if the juniors come I to tier 6 and there's no promotion to the LL on grounds of floodlights.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I'm say Bonnyrigg and don't get up on a changed rule made after the decision to leave the juniors.

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

If the promises made are gone back on and the pyramid encompasses the juniors anyway. I'd argue that having the Junior Cup also on your calendar would be reason enough to consider going back.

I'm not complaining at all about how the EoS is run, it's been top class in that regard. I'm saying there could be an easier route to the LL available if the juniors come I to tier 6 and there's no promotion to the LL on grounds of floodlights.

I'd be pretty pissed off if I'm say Bonnyrigg and don't get up on a changed rule made after the decision to leave the juniors.

the junior cup is no reason to go back to an archaic organisation. ALl the junior cup was derail a season. You lot can go back if you want i;d be disappointed if camelon decided to go back

6 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

I get fed up with people saying it would be an easier run. It would be an easier league season but you'd still have to overcome the playoffs so you'd still potentially face Bonnyrigg or whoever in the playoffs. I'd rather we played in a competitive league which is what its going to be next season in EOSFL Premier League

5 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Unless I'm reading it wrongly, the highlighted part above doesn't make any sort of sense. Participation in the Lowland League requires a license so if, going forward, licenses are not to be handed out to those teams meeting the necessary criteria (and I'd be astonished if that's how it ultimately turns out) then there is no easier route to the Lowland League by re-joining the Juniors for any side without a license as no one in the Junior set-up or elsewhere will ever be awarded a license? Only current license holders moving to the Juniors would benefit in the way you describe.

11 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

So let me get this right, you'd go back to the Juniors (joining at the bottom) to play Newburgh, Lochgelly, Bo'ness Juniors, Linlithgow Juniors etc, to get promoted to the "Superleague" to then have a chance of a play-off ? Right oh!

Unless I'm reading it wrongly, the highlighted part above doesn't make any sort of sense. Participation in the Lowland League requires a license so if, going forward, licenses are not to be handed out to those teams meeting the necessary criteria (and I'd be astonished if that's how it ultimately turns out) then there is no easier route to the Lowland League by re-joining the Juniors for any side without a license as no one in the Junior set-up or elsewhere will ever be awarded a license? Only current license holders moving to the Juniors would benefit in the way you describe.
It does if you are licensed.

Take Linlithgow, we are licensed and imo would have a better chance of getting to the playoffs for the LL in the junior set up than the EoS Premier next year.

I don't want to move back I'm just saying it is a consideration if everything starts becoming a shambles because of self interest. Typical Sfa mismanagement causes this.

3 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Take Linlithgow, we are licensed and imo would have a better chance of getting to the playoffs for the LL in the junior set up than the EoS Premier next year.

I don't want to move back I'm just saying it is a consideration if everything starts becoming a shambles because of self interest. Typical Sfa mismanagement causes this.

You'd be in the bottom division of the Juniors next year if you moved back, so you wouldn't have any chance of a play-off. 

I get what you're saying, potentially clubs could flip back and forth to whatever league presents the better opportunity for promotion, but a) the ERJFA aren't in the pyramid anyway  and b) if they ever were, you'd have to join at the bottom.

8 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

but you'd be playing in a dross league to get pumped in the playoffs

2 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

How far have Linlithgow fallen if you've got fans that don't think they can win the EoS Premier in the next 2 years?

I d put them the favourites to win it next year from a bunch of about 6 contenders with a couple of good player additions (assuming Bonnyrigg go up).

Next year there will be very few easy games in the EOS Premier.

2 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I d put them the favourites to win it next year from a bunch of about 6 contenders with a couple of good player additions (assuming Bonnyrigg go up).

Next year there will be very few easy games in the EOS Premier.

I think it will be a tight league. Even teams like Blackburn and Crossgates will be no pushovers for anyone

35 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I think it will be a tight league. Even teams like Blackburn and Crossgates will be no pushovers for anyone

I agree Dunbar who I think finished around 5th in their Conference beat us in the Cup.  Will be very competitive next year and I can see the winner suffering around 5/6 defeats in the league campaign which didn’t happen this year

[emoji23]

You are all getting your knickers in a twist. I think we have a good chance of winning the EoS next year.

I also think we'd definitely win the East Region.

I don't think we should move back but I'm saying if we did we could end up up the pyramid earlier.

Highlighting the farce this is becoming that's all.

1 hour ago, FairWeatherFan said:

How far have Linlithgow fallen if you've got fans that don't think they can win the EoS Premier in the next 2 years?

A couple of miserable gits on here do not speak for the Linlithgow support.