Mathematical Certainty for 2019-20

We’ll see, what’s embarrassing is the pish you talk obout every fekin day, you go on about the same shite over and over and over again.
I’m sure the last Blackburn game “Junior” was and absolute pumping and u’ll never guess who from
THORNTON [emoji12]

12 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Fauldhouse, Bathgate, Kennoway, Armadale, Thornton and Tayport were all fairly regular at East Premier and sometimes East Super League level. With the North of Tay clubs out of the way and clubs filtering up to the Lowland League they could all reach EoS Premier and make a go of it i'm sure.

My point was whether they would be a fixture in the EoS premier and would avoid being at next year's tier 7 conference sort of level more often than not.  It's a valid enough point that making the move doesn't necessarily look so attractive now, if you are a club that will usually be stuck playing against the old EoS teams. Glenrothes have a big seated stadium that makes a push to the LL and beyond a credible goal. It was surprising they didn't clamber aboard for this season. Of the clubs you mention, Bathgate and Armadale would be the clubs you might expect to harbour ambitions to be able to do that sort of thing, but Bathgate in particular have never been as well-supported as you would expect for a town that size and only got good for a few years when they had a sugar daddy pumping money in. With Armadale, check their social media presence for what the issue is there...

9 minutes ago, non_sequitur said:

No sure Thornton can ever join eos anyway as memorial park is a public park and they cannae build a fence.

This has been discussed before, and although no one apart from the board can say for sure you would expect that if all the other ERJFA teams moved to the EoS then Thornton wouldn't be left outside on the own, especially with Inverkeithing being allowed in. Some temporary fencing would probably do the trick.

Local council told them they cannae

I don’t know who told you that wrong information since Thornton lease the park they already have planning permission for a fence and floodlights [emoji12], if you want to know anything just ask first before spreading wrongful rumours.

1 hour ago, gogsy said:

Could you provide a link to this planning permission , otherwise people might think you've just made this up. :)

That was my thought as well, but they had pp approved for a fence and lights (157 lux) in 2011: https://planning.fife.gov.uk/online/caseDetails.do?caseType=Application&keyVal=L7GD0EHF0JM00

The pp expires after three years so they'd need to go back to the council again.

Edited by Ginaro

15 minutes ago, sniffer said:

Well done ginero so it has been approved

"This permission will lapse 3 years from the date of this decision" so it lapsed on 24th January 2014.

So the question is - what's stopping Thornton from joining the EoS, now that you've shown the Council don't have a problem with the club meeting the EoS ground criteria? Especially as you've lost the derby with Glenrothes.

2 hours ago, sniffer said:

I don’t know who told you that wrong information since Thornton lease the park they already have planning permission for a fence and floodlights emoji12.png, if you want to know anything just ask first before spreading wrongful rumours.

Any idea why things fell through 8 years ago?

3 hours ago, sniffer said:

I don’t know who told you that wrong information since Thornton lease the park they already have planning permission for a fence and floodlights emoji12.png, if you want to know anything just ask first before spreading wrongful rumours.

Theyre no wrong try asking for permission again and see whit answer you get

Regarding the Sauchie in 6th - is there even a realistic scenario where the best 6th place would not be in the Premier Division next season? Only one I can think of is if WW come down, no EoS team is promoted, Cove go up, and a SoS team is accepted to replace Selkirk - all of which is extremely unlikely.

Just now, Ginaro said:

Regarding the Sauchie in 6th - is there even a realistic scenario where the best 6th place would not be in the Premier Division next season? Only one I can think of is if WW come down, no EoS team is promoted, Cove go up, and a SoS team is accepted to replace Selkirk - all of which is extremely unlikely.

That's basically it.