HibeeJibee

Title Round Robin 'hood

5 minutes ago, RobM said:

Didn't look that high to me but decent crowd.

Photo from twitter early in the game - do some headcounting!

D5f_sQDWwAABEDZ.jpg

I was there as a neutral but freely admit a pang of excitement when it went 2-1 simply at realising all the different scenarios which would result :lol:!

Bonnyrigg     P1     W1 D0 L1     3pts     +1     2F
Penicuik         P2     W1 D0 L1     3pts        0     4F     (1 away goal)
Broxburn       P1     W1 D0 L1     0pts      -1     2F     (2 away goals)

As noted above - avoiding defeat wins the league for Bonnyrigg... Winning by 2 or more goals wins the league for Broxburn on Goal Difference... Winning 3-2, 4-3 or higher wins the league for Broxburn on Goals For ahead of Bonnyrigg & Penicuik (or Bonnyrigg alone from 4-3 up)... Broxburn 1-0 Bonnyrigg wins the league for Penicuik on Goals For ahead of Broxburn... and Broxburn 2-1 Bonnyrigg wins the league for Penicuik on head-to-head over Broxburn (from Saturday's result Penicuik 3-2 Broxburn) as they would be tied on Points, Goal Difference and Goals For and both ahead of Bonnyrigg.

I can't see any scenario requiring away goals. For certain no dead-heat can now occur resulting in count-back to the conferences.

As for the game itself - an interesting match which began slowly and gradually heated to boiling point. Both sides exchanged pressure in a nervy opening half-hour. Lee Currie then leapt like a salmon to open the scoring. Bonnyrigg were on top after the break and shortly after the hour Dean Brett scored with composure in a breakaway. After that the visitors threw the kitchen sink at it... they were outraged when the referee waved away a soft-looking penalty shout ending in a co-manager sent to the terracing, but Aaron Somerville knocked home an effort late on. They could have equalised at the death when the hosts 'keeper pulled off a marvellous point-blank save while falling... closely mirroring one by his opposite number from Currie late in the first half. I felt 2-1 was about right.

Penicuik were unsurprisingly deflated at the end but possibly some didn't realise the door was still open for them: thankfully they hadn't taken the advice of the fan calling on them to go for it "cos we'd be as well go down by 2 or 3 goals as 1"...!

Outstanding crowd present - must have been largest of the EOSL season.

What a night.

Edited by HibeeJibee

10 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Photo from twitter early in the game - do some headcounting!

D5f_sQDWwAABEDZ.jpg

! OK, didn't really see in the shed when we were there thought it looked lower at the game but certainly busy in there.  Did say it was a decent crowd, wasn't trying to steal your sweeties!

Missed opportunity in not putting together and printing up  a programme though.

1 minute ago, RobM said:

! OK, didn't really see in the shed when we were there thought it looked lower at the game but certainly busy in there.  Did say it was a decent crowd, wasn't trying to steal your sweeties!

Just posted it in case you wanted to count the heads as I couldn't be bothered doing it myself - should've added a smiley :)

Nae bother mate, think there's pretty much the same in there that was spread around the rest of the ground, didn't realise there was so many in there.

On 30/04/2019 at 22:04, HibeeJibee said:

1991-92.

Was it a "last day decider"?

What sort of crowd?

I'd be pushing the memory boundary sorry, don't think it was a decider as such, more a massive win.

Deserved win for Bonnyrigg though nearly blew it at the death when it seemed easier to score than miss to make it 2-2. Great save though.

First time I’ve seen Bonnyrigg this season but thought number 4 Kerr Young was superb at the back. 

With the likes of Lee Currie and Steven Notman pulling strings in midfield I was getting all wistful. What we would give for players like that at Berwick now. Smattering of others on show, too.

Today's EEN sets out all the stated scenarios for Saturday - Bonnyrigg need to avoid defeat, Penicuik need 1-0 or 2-1 - but gets confused on Broxburn. They need to win by 2 goals or more, or 3-2, 4-3, etc.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/east-of-scotland-play-offs-bonnyrigg-rose-beat-penicuik-to-set-up-decider-at-broxburn-1-4919127

14 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Att. 1,012

Floodlight installation paid for in one go last night.      Missed out with no programmes but half time raffle would pay the wages this week.

13 hours ago, Burnie_man said:
13 hours ago, newcastle broon said:
Cracking crowd What s the capacity at NDP  ? 

I'm sure they had more than that against Dumbarton in the cup a couple of seasons ago.

Correct     1552 v Dumbarton.       1436  v Achinleck Talbot  Scottish Junior Cup Semi-Final  2012.   Ground capacity 2500 est.

Should be some crowd at this game on Saturday. Surely, as well as Broxburn and Bonnyrigg fans, Penicuik fans will be going too!?

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Should be some crowd at this game on Saturday. Surely, as well as Broxburn and Bonnyrigg fans, Penicuik fans will be going too!?

Penicuik have a home King Cup tie against Linlithgow to worry about.

31 minutes ago, Steven W said:

In the low hundreds I would reckon. Hopefully a bit of success can start bringing in new fans though, there's potential here at Broxburn

I might be there celebrating for Penicuik! Finished work nearby around KO time and missus works in Broxburn so she has a soft spot for them. We can spend Saturday night consoling each other I suppose :rolleyes:

Had there not been Penicuik v Linlithgow on I'd imagine you'd have seen a good number of fans of each heading over as interested parties and local neutrals. As it is the only other EOS games are Musselburgh v Jeanfield and Sauchie v Newtongrange so there should be a good number of people at a loose end including nearby Bo'ness fans. Hibs aren't playing and Livi are at Perth.

I remember a game at Bo'ness, where the home side needed a victory, to win the league. Opponents, Hill o' Beath could win the league if they won, and I was standing in the crowd, amongst some Whitburn fans, who were hoping for a draw so that THEY could win the league!