Title Round Robin 'hood

What a comeback and a couple of inspired substitutions from the gaffer which changed it. Folk around me were saying the 3rd goal was about 10 yards offside, didn't see it myself. Possibly the emotion took over everyone and it wasn't spotted.

12 hours ago, jdt said:

What a comeback and a couple of inspired substitutions from the gaffer which changed it. Folk around me were saying the 3rd goal was about 10 yards offside, didn't see it myself. Possibly the emotion took over everyone and it wasn't spotted.

And in keeping with the referees performance I had visions of him giving Turner a yellow card for the celebration, ( which of course would have been his second and a red card) but the time the celebrations took gave him time to consider his decision keep the card in his pocket then blow the full time whistle.

Well done The Rose

And in keeping with the referees performance I had visions of him giving Turner a yellow card for the celebration, ( which of course would have been his second and a red card) but the time the celebrations took gave him time to consider his decision keep the card in his pocket then blow the full time whistle.
Well done The Rose

I feared that as well, and also the handball against McGachie on the half way line, I wondered if he would give a second yellow for that. I thought he was a very poor official.

Btw - McGachie picking the ball up and punting it clean into the Forrest was comedy gold. I hope it’s on the highlights.

Credit to the management for the changes - the front two that came on changed the game completely. Until then Broxburn won every header and cleared their lines every time, two subs changed that and started winning free kicks, corners and headers and held the ball up, they really unsettled the Broxburn defence especially McGachie. Completely changed the game.

Horne could hardly walk for a long time and deserved a medal for getting through that game.

Lewis Turner ran through 4 or 5 challenges late in the game from the right back area right into Broxburn half, absolutely brilliant determination. And then went from his own 18 yard box to the opposite box to score the third in injury time, incredible. That completely sums up the 2nd half from Bonnyrigg yesterday and as a team overall. Leaders all over the park.

If you were asked to show an example of team spirit, desire, never say die attitude or winning against all odds yesterday was the best example you will ever see.

Well done to them all [emoji257][emoji257][emoji257]

29 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Twitters photos of the presentation:

D5u-W1AXsAMjIBU.jpg

D5vNUBnWkAEJDD5.jpg

D5znVN_XkAAmxrS.jpgD5znVOGWsAA5Gzr.jpg

Well done to Bonnyrigg Rose on an outstanding season and winning the mini league. Hope the license issue is resolved as they deserve a place in next season’s league. Credit goes to the squad, but I absolutely love the second photo and see how much it means to Robbie.

My hunch is that Berwick would not have been in the play-offs if he had remained at Berwick and if he had been given money that other teams get, he would have got somewhere with Berwick!

No one could have argued if Robbie had taken a longer sabbatical from football, but that photo shows he has got his mojo back! 

Who knows, but in season 2020-21, Bonnyrigg may find themselves in a higher league that Berwick. Well done Robbie!!!

20 hours ago, jdt said:

Remember it’s two players between the attacker and the goal - normally it’s one and the GK but he was upfield - not that it makes a difference as 2-2 suited Bonnyrigg.

11 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Remember it’s two players between the attacker and the goal - normally it’s one and the GK but he was upfield - not that it makes a difference as 2-2 suited Bonnyrigg.

Turner was several yards onside when the final pass was made, i.e. he was behind the ball.  In a quick break situation, as long a you stay behind the ball you will always be onside, no matter how many defenders are back. 

He's not offside. He's comfortably behind the ball when it's squared.

Correct. Having seen the footage from around the 18 yard line on that end of pitch he’s about ten yards behind the ball.

Still doesn’t stop the Broxburn defender who was closest arguing with the ref about it [emoji23]

Handball incident and subsequent goal are from 18:30.

Sub 'keeper himself dices with the line at 24:00.

Broxburn double their lead with an outrageous bit of skill at 25:00.

Bonnyrigg get a goal back at 45:30.

Horne sent from his dugout at 49:00.

Bonnyrigg strike the bar at 51:00. Then go on and equalise at 53:00.

Broxburn throwing everything at it from 58:00 then the counterattack and winner, assorted pandemonium and title celebrations.

Having looked at the red card incident on the video, I think the keeper was hard done by. He clearly gathered the ball inside the box, then his momentum took him outside, but he was alert enough to drop the ball. Watch where the ball bounces. It was inside the box.  There is one frame where it looks tight, but I cant see any obvious attempt to throw the ball backwards, so I think the keeper just about released the ball before he stepped outside the box, so I think the the assistant ref called it wrong. 

aUVq067.jpg

FYHvMoi.jpg

GOKtmsk.jpg

Regardless of whether or not the keeper handled the ball outside the box, the forward had run beyond the ball at the point of the "foul" and there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity, so any card issued should not have been red. 

Edited by Footballfirst

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Having looked at the red card incident on the video, I think the keeper was hard done by. He clearly gathered the ball inside the box, then his momentum took him outside, but he was alert enough to drop the ball. Watch where the ball bounces. It was inside the box.  There is one frame where it looks tight, but I cant see any obvious attempt to throw the ball backwards, so I think the keeper just about released the ball before he stepped outside the box, so I think the the assistant ref called it wrong. 

aUVq067.jpg

FYHvMoi.jpg

GOKtmsk.jpg

Regardless of whether or not the keeper handled the ball outside the box, the forward had run beyond the ball at the point of the "foul" and there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity, so any card issued should not have been red. 

I do think he took the ball outside of his box, but as you said, there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity. A yellow card would have been justified. Red was very, very, harsh.