Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

Title Round Robin 'hood

12 minutes ago, Gimme said:

Don't disagree, he definitely carried it outside the box but let go pretty sharpish.

Personally I thought a red card was the wrong decision but ultimately it didn't matter.

If the initial contact had been outside the box I would have agreed with the red but as he first touched it inside I'd say it was harsh.

For Bonnyrigg to produce that comeback with ten men proves they were the best team in the League but as I said earlier Broxburn should have been able to retain possession with the extra man and see the game out.

44 minutes ago, Gimme said:

The keeper collected the ball inside the box, momentum carried him outside but he immediately let go.

The referee has obviously considered it to be a deliberate denial of a goal scoring opportunity otherwise its only a yellow card offense.

Annoying thing is ref couldn't really see from where he was and didn't speak with the stand side linesman who appeared to have a much better view.

Thought the ref's performance was poor throughout. He set his stall out early doors by booking Dean Brett for what was a hard, but fair, ball winning challenge and after that seemed desperate to send someone off. As for the linesman, they'd have been as well not being there.

That said it was an absolutely tremendous come back when we were dead and buried. Hopefully the licence situation gets sorted and we can play Lowland League football next season.

Completely agree, Brett’s tackle was hard but fair and a good referee would have taken into account its early in a big game and by booking him you set the tone.

Hard to defend them when they have the communication sets as well, it make the referee going over to his linesmen more dramatic and added to the anger from both teams.

I hope the license is granted, Bonnyrigg will be a great addition to the Lowland League as a team and bringing a fan base as well.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

I was on the canal banking around halfway and immediately thought he'd taken it outside. It's worth saying the refs had radio headsets so could have discussed it without flagging and running over.

I understand it was the canal side linesman that gave the sending off. Whilst they were miked up, they also had the odd Conflab which was strange.

what a game.

What a comeback and a couple of inspired substitutions from the gaffer which changed it. Folk around me were saying the 3rd goal was about 10 yards offside, didn't see it myself. Possibly the emotion took over everyone and it wasn't spotted.

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Three cheers for the boys who organise the EoSFL. The triple conference bedding in season has delivered the goods.

All hail the EoSFL.

uk5vC-BICtLi8UxDKvcHCX9MLtA=.gif

12 hours ago, jdt said:

What a comeback and a couple of inspired substitutions from the gaffer which changed it. Folk around me were saying the 3rd goal was about 10 yards offside, didn't see it myself. Possibly the emotion took over everyone and it wasn't spotted.

And in keeping with the referees performance I had visions of him giving Turner a yellow card for the celebration, ( which of course would have been his second and a red card) but the time the celebrations took gave him time to consider his decision keep the card in his pocket then blow the full time whistle.

Well done The Rose

And in keeping with the referees performance I had visions of him giving Turner a yellow card for the celebration, ( which of course would have been his second and a red card) but the time the celebrations took gave him time to consider his decision keep the card in his pocket then blow the full time whistle.
Well done The Rose

I feared that as well, and also the handball against McGachie on the half way line, I wondered if he would give a second yellow for that. I thought he was a very poor official.

Btw - McGachie picking the ball up and punting it clean into the Forrest was comedy gold. I hope it’s on the highlights.

Credit to the management for the changes - the front two that came on changed the game completely. Until then Broxburn won every header and cleared their lines every time, two subs changed that and started winning free kicks, corners and headers and held the ball up, they really unsettled the Broxburn defence especially McGachie. Completely changed the game.

Horne could hardly walk for a long time and deserved a medal for getting through that game.

Lewis Turner ran through 4 or 5 challenges late in the game from the right back area right into Broxburn half, absolutely brilliant determination. And then went from his own 18 yard box to the opposite box to score the third in injury time, incredible. That completely sums up the 2nd half from Bonnyrigg yesterday and as a team overall. Leaders all over the park.

If you were asked to show an example of team spirit, desire, never say die attitude or winning against all odds yesterday was the best example you will ever see.

Well done to them all

29 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Twitters photos of the presentation:

D5u-W1AXsAMjIBU.jpg

D5vNUBnWkAEJDD5.jpg

D5znVN_XkAAmxrS.jpgD5znVOGWsAA5Gzr.jpg

Well done to Bonnyrigg Rose on an outstanding season and winning the mini league. Hope the license issue is resolved as they deserve a place in next season’s league. Credit goes to the squad, but I absolutely love the second photo and see how much it means to Robbie.

My hunch is that Berwick would not have been in the play-offs if he had remained at Berwick and if he had been given money that other teams get, he would have got somewhere with Berwick!

No one could have argued if Robbie had taken a longer sabbatical from football, but that photo shows he has got his mojo back! 

Who knows, but in season 2020-21, Bonnyrigg may find themselves in a higher league that Berwick. Well done Robbie!!!

Imagine his emotions at 2-0 down being sent from dugout, versus only 10mins later being back to 2-2.

D5vrkOcW0AIaLhU.jpg

D5vzr9QXoAEg2UZ.jpg

D5vlk-GWwAE5bA7.jpg

20 hours ago, jdt said:

Remember it’s two players between the attacker and the goal - normally it’s one and the GK but he was upfield - not that it makes a difference as 2-2 suited Bonnyrigg.

11 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Remember it’s two players between the attacker and the goal - normally it’s one and the GK but he was upfield - not that it makes a difference as 2-2 suited Bonnyrigg.

Turner was several yards onside when the final pass was made, i.e. he was behind the ball.  In a quick break situation, as long a you stay behind the ball you will always be onside, no matter how many defenders are back. 

Understated scenes as the winner goes in...

Superb scenes.

He's not offside. He's comfortably behind the ball when it's squared.

Correct. Having seen the footage from around the 18 yard line on that end of pitch he’s about ten yards behind the ball.

Still doesn’t stop the Broxburn defender who was closest arguing with the ref about it

Handball incident and subsequent goal are from 18:30.

Sub 'keeper himself dices with the line at 24:00.

Broxburn double their lead with an outrageous bit of skill at 25:00.

Bonnyrigg get a goal back at 45:30.

Horne sent from his dugout at 49:00.

Bonnyrigg strike the bar at 51:00. Then go on and equalise at 53:00.

Broxburn throwing everything at it from 58:00 then the counterattack and winner, assorted pandemonium and title celebrations.