• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
HibeeJibee

Title Round Robin 'hood

11 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Remember it’s two players between the attacker and the goal - normally it’s one and the GK but he was upfield - not that it makes a difference as 2-2 suited Bonnyrigg.

Turner was several yards onside when the final pass was made, i.e. he was behind the ball.  In a quick break situation, as long a you stay behind the ball you will always be onside, no matter how many defenders are back. 

Understated scenes as the winner goes in...

Superb scenes.

He's not offside. He's comfortably behind the ball when it's squared.

Correct. Having seen the footage from around the 18 yard line on that end of pitch he’s about ten yards behind the ball.

Still doesn’t stop the Broxburn defender who was closest arguing with the ref about it

Handball incident and subsequent goal are from 18:30.

Sub 'keeper himself dices with the line at 24:00.

Broxburn double their lead with an outrageous bit of skill at 25:00.

Bonnyrigg get a goal back at 45:30.

Horne sent from his dugout at 49:00.

Bonnyrigg strike the bar at 51:00. Then go on and equalise at 53:00.

Broxburn throwing everything at it from 58:00 then the counterattack and winner, assorted pandemonium and title celebrations.

Having looked at the red card incident on the video, I think the keeper was hard done by. He clearly gathered the ball inside the box, then his momentum took him outside, but he was alert enough to drop the ball. Watch where the ball bounces. It was inside the box.  There is one frame where it looks tight, but I cant see any obvious attempt to throw the ball backwards, so I think the keeper just about released the ball before he stepped outside the box, so I think the the assistant ref called it wrong. 

aUVq067.jpg

FYHvMoi.jpg

GOKtmsk.jpg

Regardless of whether or not the keeper handled the ball outside the box, the forward had run beyond the ball at the point of the "foul" and there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity, so any card issued should not have been red. 

Edited by Footballfirst

7 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

Having looked at the red card incident on the video, I think the keeper was hard done by. He clearly gathered the ball inside the box, then his momentum took him outside, but he was alert enough to drop the ball. Watch where the ball bounces. It was inside the box.  There is one frame where it looks tight, but I cant see any obvious attempt to throw the ball backwards, so I think the keeper just about released the ball before he stepped outside the box, so I think the the assistant ref called it wrong. 

aUVq067.jpg

FYHvMoi.jpg

GOKtmsk.jpg

Regardless of whether or not the keeper handled the ball outside the box, the forward had run beyond the ball at the point of the "foul" and there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity, so any card issued should not have been red. 

I do think he took the ball outside of his box, but as you said, there was no obvious goal scoring opportunity. A yellow card would have been justified. Red was very, very, harsh.

I normally try to defend the officials, but even as a Penicuik boy, that was never a sending off in a million years... very harsh!

If the goalkeeper stayed in the box, instead of flying out to meet him, Zander would of been on the ball and able to have a goal scoring opportunity surely. I would say the ref got it right. 

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

If the goalkeeper stayed in the box, instead of flying out to meet him, Zander would of been on the ball and able to have a goal scoring opportunity surely. I would say the ref got it right. 

Thats probably what the ref deemed it but it was harsh. I thought I was watching a Lithgae game with the shouts of some of their supporters. Obviously didn't realise the refs were miked up. The ref was poor and looked out of his depth with the game.  Wanting a penalty when the two boys clashed heads. Then the book him for diving then. The guy never appealed for a penalty he was just well blocked from the boy fairly.

Its up to Bo'ness now in the Semi Final to try and stop them then us on Thursday night

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

That's not how it works - the GK didn't commit any infringement until he touched the ball outside of the box*. By that time the attack had been stopped and the attacker is 5 yards away so the GK has not denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity. In fact it's debatable whether it should even be a yellow card - remember handball is just a free kick.

Disappointing that a category 2 official would go for the red card, wonder if the AR badly advised him. Bonnyrigg should really appeal it.

*let's assume he did and that it was deliberate handball, although it looks close considering the line is part of the penalty area

4 hours ago, albynpark said:

Are you really suggesting that the keeper shouldn't have attempted to get to the ball first? The keeper gathered the ball clearly inside the box. At that point there was no "foul". It was only when his momentum was alleged to have carried the ball outside the box that any foul occurred. At that stage there was one Broxburn forward, two Bonnyrigg defenders and the keeper all in the vicinity of the ball. I don't think you could say that the Broxburn player was denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity in that circumstance.  The red card was harsh.

There is an argument that the Broxburn player went in a bit high as the keeper gathered the ball.  I was behind the goal at the other end of the pitch and that is what I initially thought the ref had given.

LFafe4M.jpg

mB3WJ5m.jpg

P8wVLBq.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

High feet, and foul to the Rose surely!?

Deliberate hand ball outside the box by any player (including the keeper) is a direct free kick and a yellow card. If it has denied a clear goal scoring opportunity then it's a red card.

20 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Deliberate hand ball outside the box by any player (including the keeper) is a direct free kick and a yellow card. If it has denied a clear goal scoring opportunity then it's a red card.

It is a YC if a player "handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack" or "handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful)" but otherwise handball is not an automatic YC. http://theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct-2018/chapters/disciplinary-action-2018

Edited by Ginaro

41 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Em .....naw.

So tell us what your informed decision would have been?

Don’t think we will have an incident like that tonight.

C’mon The Rose