Title Round Robin 'hood

If the goalkeeper stayed in the box, instead of flying out to meet him, Zander would of been on the ball and able to have a goal scoring opportunity surely. I would say the ref got it right. 

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

If the goalkeeper stayed in the box, instead of flying out to meet him, Zander would of been on the ball and able to have a goal scoring opportunity surely. I would say the ref got it right. 

Thats probably what the ref deemed it but it was harsh. I thought I was watching a Lithgae game with the shouts of some of their supporters. Obviously didn't realise the refs were miked up. The ref was poor and looked out of his depth with the game.  Wanting a penalty when the two boys clashed heads. Then the book him for diving then. The guy never appealed for a penalty he was just well blocked from the boy fairly.

Its up to Bo'ness now in the Semi Final to try and stop them then us on Thursday night

1 hour ago, albynpark said:

That's not how it works - the GK didn't commit any infringement until he touched the ball outside of the box*. By that time the attack had been stopped and the attacker is 5 yards away so the GK has not denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity. In fact it's debatable whether it should even be a yellow card - remember handball is just a free kick.

Disappointing that a category 2 official would go for the red card, wonder if the AR badly advised him. Bonnyrigg should really appeal it.

*let's assume he did and that it was deliberate handball, although it looks close considering the line is part of the penalty area

4 hours ago, albynpark said:

Are you really suggesting that the keeper shouldn't have attempted to get to the ball first? The keeper gathered the ball clearly inside the box. At that point there was no "foul". It was only when his momentum was alleged to have carried the ball outside the box that any foul occurred. At that stage there was one Broxburn forward, two Bonnyrigg defenders and the keeper all in the vicinity of the ball. I don't think you could say that the Broxburn player was denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity in that circumstance.  The red card was harsh.

There is an argument that the Broxburn player went in a bit high as the keeper gathered the ball.  I was behind the goal at the other end of the pitch and that is what I initially thought the ref had given.

LFafe4M.jpg

mB3WJ5m.jpg

P8wVLBq.jpg

Edited by Footballfirst

20 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Deliberate hand ball outside the box by any player (including the keeper) is a direct free kick and a yellow card. If it has denied a clear goal scoring opportunity then it's a red card.

It is a YC if a player "handles the ball to interfere with or stop a promising attack" or "handles the ball in an attempt to score a goal (whether or not the attempt is successful)" but otherwise handball is not an automatic YC. http://theifab.com/laws/fouls-and-misconduct-2018/chapters/disciplinary-action-2018

Edited by Ginaro