Title Round Robin 'hood

1 minute ago, RobM said:

! OK, didn't really see in the shed when we were there thought it looked lower at the game but certainly busy in there.  Did say it was a decent crowd, wasn't trying to steal your sweeties!

Just posted it in case you wanted to count the heads as I couldn't be bothered doing it myself - should've added a smiley :)

On 30/04/2019 at 22:04, HibeeJibee said:

1991-92.

Was it a "last day decider"?

What sort of crowd?

I'd be pushing the memory boundary sorry, don't think it was a decider as such, more a massive win.

Deserved win for Bonnyrigg though nearly blew it at the death when it seemed easier to score than miss to make it 2-2. Great save though.

First time I’ve seen Bonnyrigg this season but thought number 4 Kerr Young was superb at the back. 

With the likes of Lee Currie and Steven Notman pulling strings in midfield I was getting all wistful. What we would give for players like that at Berwick now. Smattering of others on show, too.

Today's EEN sets out all the stated scenarios for Saturday - Bonnyrigg need to avoid defeat, Penicuik need 1-0 or 2-1 - but gets confused on Broxburn. They need to win by 2 goals or more, or 3-2, 4-3, etc.

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/east-of-scotland-play-offs-bonnyrigg-rose-beat-penicuik-to-set-up-decider-at-broxburn-1-4919127

2 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Should be some crowd at this game on Saturday. Surely, as well as Broxburn and Bonnyrigg fans, Penicuik fans will be going too!?

Penicuik have a home King Cup tie against Linlithgow to worry about.

31 minutes ago, Steven W said:

Should be some crowd at this game on Saturday. Surely, as well as Broxburn and Bonnyrigg fans, Penicuik fans will be going too!?

In the low hundreds I would reckon. Hopefully a bit of success can start bringing in new fans though, there's potential here at Broxburn

I might be there celebrating for Penicuik! Finished work nearby around KO time and missus works in Broxburn so she has a soft spot for them. We can spend Saturday night consoling each other I suppose :rolleyes:

Had there not been Penicuik v Linlithgow on I'd imagine you'd have seen a good number of fans of each heading over as interested parties and local neutrals. As it is the only other EOS games are Musselburgh v Jeanfield and Sauchie v Newtongrange so there should be a good number of people at a loose end including nearby Bo'ness fans. Hibs aren't playing and Livi are at Perth.

I remember a game at Bo'ness, where the home side needed a victory, to win the league. Opponents, Hill o' Beath could win the league if they won, and I was standing in the crowd, amongst some Whitburn fans, who were hoping for a draw so that THEY could win the league! 

I remember a game at Bo'ness, where the home side needed a victory, to win the league. Opponents, Hill o' Beath could win the league if they won, and I was standing in the crowd, amongst some Whitburn fans, who were hoping for a draw so that THEY could win the league! 
Bo'ness beat Sauchie 4-3 that day, one of the best days following Bo'ness I've ever had. I remember the Whitburn players going daft when Sauchie equalised late on only for us to score with an attack straight from the restart! Someone filmed it from the stand, noone seems to know who and the highlights have never surfaced.

7 hours ago, albynpark said:

In the low hundreds I would reckon. Hopefully a bit of success can start bringing in new fans though, there's potential here at Broxburn

Surprised you think that. I was at the match v linlithgow earlier in the season and the crowd was not far short 500.

I suppose it depends how many were away fans and/or neutral. There were 484 fans at Broxburn v Linlithgow and 220 at Broxburn v Camelon (in Alex Jack Cup); on the flipside all their other games were sub-200. Then again Penicuik's league average was 217 - but their crowd on Saturday was 454 (i.e. 2 times higher); and Bonnyrigg's league average was 319 - but their crowd last night was 1,012 (i.e. 3 times higher); by that basis you'd expect a big bounce on Broxburn's league average of 163.

No doubt it's huge for the Broxburn faithful, there will be a big away turnout, and plenty neutrals.

On 02/05/2019 at 22:23, HibeeJibee said:

I suppose it depends how many were away fans and/or neutral. There were 484 fans at Broxburn v Linlithgow and 220 at Broxburn v Camelon (in Alex Jack Cup); on the flipside all their other games were sub-200. Then again Penicuik's league average was 217 - but their crowd on Saturday was 454 (i.e. 2 times higher); and Bonnyrigg's league average was 319 - but their crowd last night was 1,012 (i.e. 3 times higher); by that basis you'd expect a big bounce on Broxburn's league average of 163.

No doubt it's huge for the Broxburn faithful, there will be a big away turnout, and plenty neutrals.

Slaver 

Big day for Broxburn tomorrow - don’t think too many would have picked them as Conference winners.  Win by 2 goals tomorrow sounds so simple but their biggest test of the season awaits in the shape of League favourites Bonnyrigg. Hope it’s a good game and they get a decent turnout.