Time for Strain to go

Louis Mooie

3 minutes ago, Leeco10 said:

It's easy to point the finger at one man for yesterdays result, although I heard various shouts of sack the manager, sack the folk that sack the manager, that wans pish get him off, he's pish tae get him aff, and not as polite as that..
Worst of all was Strains boy was sitting next to me and heard it all too.

Yesterdays performance and result was the Sum of all its parts, the Players were poor individually, poor collectively, poor discipline, starting formation didn't work, starting line up was a gamble leaving Sam out.

The Manager and is coaching staff are responsible for team selection and formation, they work with the team week in, week out for a minimum of 3hrs, we only see them for 90 minutes on game day, their decisions are based on what they've seen or not seen in previous sessions and games,  they be analysing what went wrong an will learn from it.
Players will know themselves that they weren't at the races, not even close to their best, good players work on mistakes and weaknesses, bad players refuse to accept them, hopefully our players will learn and come back stronger.
The chemistry on the park was poor, not for the first time this season  and with similar results, this is strange as at training they are all tuned in, focused and work well together.
Ref played a part in it as well, Soft Penalty IMHO, Boylan's sending off was late tackle but a genuine attempt to get the ball, definitely a forwards challenge, again IMHO, mibe the highlights will say otherwise but I was close to it and thought no more than a yellow.

I happen to know the last thing the players were told before taking the field was discipline was key, I thought they lost their composure yesterday but not their discipline, the two sending's off were for challenges not for indiscipline .

Like I say, easy to blame one man for yesterday, but you're asking for the head to be amputated because you've got toothache.

Said it after Kilwinning lost the plot and lost 5-0 to us that their discipline was shocking and that it comes from the bench.

I appreciate that the manager is passionate but you have to set an example for your players.Jumping about like a madman shouting at officials transmits onto the pitch.

How can the manager have a go at players for lack of discipline when he’s the worst offender?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Kilbowie Benches said:

Said it after Kilwinning lost the plot and lost 5-0 to us that their discipline was shocking and that it comes from the bench.

I appreciate that the manager is passionate but you have to set an example for your players.Jumping about like a madman shouting at officials transmits onto the pitch.

How can the manager have a go at players for lack of discipline when he’s the worst offender?

That was different........believe it or not, yesterday's sending offs came from football related incidents

This is our 3rd season in premier, the goal is to stay there, not go back to a yoyo club.
In terms of ambition we set a target and then hope to over achieve that’s what happened last year, there’s only 4 positions from last years final position and this years target.
No point making a target of winning the league, because that’s a lot harder to do than saying it.
Stuart, agree with you on disapline and this is something we already have plans to address.
As for the loads of cash, our budgets the same as last season, we tried a different approach and it didn’t pay off.
Back to the drawing board for the whole club

Club needs that stability on and off the park, we’ve been a soap opera as a committee for a hell of a long time, with broken promises and in-house fighting, moving ground is a new chapter and I hope Chris takes us there.

On 24/02/2019 at 00:20, parkcircus said:

Fans calling for Mr Strain’s resignation are a disgrace to this club.

The longest serving manager in 60 years bringing relative success to a club in the form of promotion after promotion, premier security and the Ayrshire Cup (First Cup in 14 years) constantly running on the bare bones, 3 season ago the club recorded negative £24k running costs and ending up in the playoffs, not that anyone ever remembers that far back or asks questions about what happened to the money in the bank.

Some of these guys  are “fans” that only attend away matches and yet call themselves Buffs Fans. Fans of the club from Kilwinning, but only watch them in other towns to prove a point to no one that cares, but strengthen the opposition, good tactics guys, top drawer thinking

The Manager was set a target of “8th or above” at the beginning of this season and last and he’s close to that target again

Today was a day we could have won, but we didn't, The day belongs to Largs.

Your either with the club or against us, we have a list of “fans” already against us so you can add your name to either list, we’d prefer you backed us but we all have our reasons for supporting our local team, some of us want to see us win and some of us want to see us fail.

And as for LM that started the post, be careful what you wish for,  we had 8 managers between Cup wins.

Us and them....list of fans against....catch a grip people have their opinion like it or not . No need to put them on a list lol ...is it a good and bad person list.a fan is a fan either home or away 

Archived