Time for Strain to go

Louis Mooie

Fans calling for Mr Strain’s resignation are a disgrace to this club.

The longest serving manager in 60 years bringing relative success to a club in the form of promotion after promotion, premier security and the Ayrshire Cup (First Cup in 14 years) constantly running on the bare bones, 3 season ago the club recorded negative £24k running costs and ending up in the playoffs, not that anyone ever remembers that far back or asks questions about what happened to the money in the bank.

Some of these guys  are “fans” that only attend away matches and yet call themselves Buffs Fans. Fans of the club from Kilwinning, but only watch them in other towns to prove a point to no one that cares, but strengthen the opposition, good tactics guys, top drawer thinking

The Manager was set a target of “8th or above” at the beginning of this season and last and he’s close to that target again

Today was a day we could have won, but we didn't, The day belongs to Largs.

Your either with the club or against us, we have a list of “fans” already against us so you can add your name to either list, we’d prefer you backed us but we all have our reasons for supporting our local team, some of us want to see us win and some of us want to see us fail.

And as for LM that started the post, be careful what you wish for,  we had 8 managers between Cup wins.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The longest serving manager in 60 years bringing relative success to a club in the form of promotion after promotion, premier security and the Ayrshire Cup (First Cup in 14 years) constantly running on the bare bones, 3 season ago the club recorded negative £24k running costs and ending up in the playoffs, not that anyone ever remembers that far back or asks questions about what happened to the money in the bank.
Some of these guys  are “fans” that only attend away matches and yet call themselves Buffs Fans. Fans of the club from Kilwinning, but only watch them in other towns to prove a point to no one that cares, but strengthen the opposition, good tactics guys, top drawer thinking
The Manager was set a target of “8th or above” at the beginning of this season and last and he’s close to that target again
Your either with the club or against us, we have a list of “fans” already against us so you can add your name to either list, we’d prefer you backed us but we all have our reasons for supporting our local team, some of us want to see us win and some of us want to see us fail.
And as for LM that started the post, be careful what you wish for,  we had 8 managers between Cup wins.

General consensus , Louis Mooie and co , go support talbot !

Don’t think we’re surprised at Louis posts totally tunnel vision or should I say Mooie vision you would think he’s the only person in the world who works and because of that he can’t help his beloved buffs !!! Just continually slagging everyone and even some personal attacks on players it’s great for team moral !!! Ps even accuses players of cheating[emoji23]
In my opinion the management team certainly got it wrong today I though they erred on the side of caution with their team playing players who over the last few weeks have been a average at the best and absolute rank rotten at the worst but it’s their decisions that count and unfortunately today they got it mega wrong. The buffs now need to regroup and everyone pull together as they move onto an exciting new chapter at the sports club

15 minutes ago, overnewton said:

Don’t think we’re surprised at Louis posts totally tunnel vision or should I say Mooie vision you would think he’s the only person in the world who works and because of that he can’t help his beloved buffs !!! Just continually slagging everyone and even some personal attacks on players it’s great for team moral !!! Ps even accuses players of cheatingemoji23.png
In my opinion the management team certainly got it wrong today I though they erred on the side of caution with their team playing players who over the last few weeks have been a average at the best and absolute rank rotten at the worst but it’s their decisions that count and unfortunately today they got it mega wrong. The buffs now need to regroup and everyone pull together as they move onto an exciting new chapter at the sports club

Watch yourself Overnewt you are verging on having a go at the players and manager also, can’t be having that might offend yourself. Game was yesterday by the way.

7 hours ago, parkcircus said:

Yourself obviously calls the shots and if you are happy with the manager that’s fine. I appreciate you coming on here and defending the manager, many clubs committee wouldn’t. Regarding the stats you provided no one can deny them either, the worrying thing for me is that 8th place is acceptable in people’s opinions. I will always stand by that winning trophies is the most important thing in football and not accepting second best. You may not believe this but I just want Kilwinning to be successful and yesterday was painful to watch.

I for one back the Manager, he has been a breath of fresh air at our club.
We’ve had promotions, West finals, Scottish semi final and a ayrshire cup win.
Would also like to point out the hard work he and his family do for the club away from the pitch.

I also think he's done a great job,but lately our indiscipline and constant change of formation has baffled me .Time the club as a whole hammered the players letting the fans down.Great support down at Largs today but I agree,where r they every week???Maybe time we looked at the value 4 money some of the players r giving??

30 minutes ago, buffy1899 said:

I also think he's done a great job,but lately our indiscipline and constant change of formation has baffled me .Time the club as a whole hammered the players letting the fans down.Great support down at Largs today but I agree,where r they every week???Maybe time we looked at the value 4 money some of the players r giving??

This is bang on. We have enjoyed a period of stability on the park, but somethings not right this season, the players look feckin miserable when they step on the park. Attitudes are questionable at times, discipline as poor as I can remember. Something needs to change. I said to Colin yesterday that when it goes wrong for us, it really goes wrong, yesterday was a great opportunity that we proceeded to feck up in the most embarrassing manner.

As for setting a target of 8th in the league for this season, must admit that I would have expected a higher target given our league performance last season, but budgets dictate targets I suppose, thats just the way of it.

I said it on here last week and have always felt that the buffs lack of discipline on the park mirrors Chris strains conduct at the sidelines and its been proven correct once more yesterday. 

As for Adam strain in goals I've always felt that he will let you down on the big occasion and he did so yesterday, in his spell at beith Adam was decent for spells but I just thought mistakes weren't far away, as for the buffs committee guy Park circus or whatever his username - yes of course he needs to be defending his manager as good committee's do - however please dont come on here and deny fans an opinion as they're entitled to one so calm down please as you're ranting a bit too much. 

9 hours ago, parkcircus said:

A target of 8th or above while you're signing guys like Gary Fleming and paying loads of cash on wages, Marc mckenzie for one was on loads of cash per week and I'm not stating on here what it was but the only thing I can say is if your committee are willing to spend that on wages and youre happy with 8th or above then you're not being overly ambitious for me. 

3 hours ago, Louis Mooie said:

Yourself obviously calls the shots and if you are happy with the manager that’s fine. I appreciate you coming on here and defending the manager, many clubs committee wouldn’t. Regarding the stats you provided no one can deny them either, the worrying thing for me is that 8th place is acceptable in people’s opinions. I will always stand by that winning trophies is the most important thing in football and not accepting second best. You may not believe this but I just want Kilwinning to be successful and yesterday was painful to watch.

Totally agree you're either in it to win it or not at all. Buffs should never ever be setting targets of 8th position or above, a team and club of the buffs calibre in junior football should be aiming for 1st in everything.. 

1 hour ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

A target of 8th or above while you're signing guys like Gary Fleming and paying loads of cash on wages, Marc mckenzie for one was on loads of cash per week and I'm not stating on here what it was but the only thing I can say is if your committee are willing to spend that on wages and youre happy with 8th or above then you're not being overly ambitious for me. 

This is our 3rd season in premier, the goal is to stay there, not go back to a yoyo club.

In terms of ambition we set a target and then hope to over achieve that’s what happened last year, there’s only 4 positions from last years final position and this years target.

No point making a target of winning the league, because that’s a lot harder to do than saying it.

Stuart, agree with you on disapline and this is something we already have plans to address.

As for the loads of cash, our budgets the same as last season, we tried a different approach and it didn’t pay off.

Back to the drawing board for the whole club

Far to many times in vital games the system has been changed players dropped players not turning up it's these things that annoy the supporters why not make the change he makes players look bad by playing them out of position then blaming them these need answered beforbefore defrnding the manager .

Guest Moomintroll

Unfortunately Chris Jr has always been far too eager with the backchat to officials on & off the touchlines. I remember him as a young player with Ardeer after Killie released him & when he signed for the Meadow with his Dad he was nonstop with the verbals. He has followed in his Dads footsteps ever since & has taken his touchline manners to the next level which transmits to the players as has been obvious with the growing indiscipline over the last couple of years. I believe, like his dad, he is a good manager but he needs to reign in the histrionics and concentrate on giving his team sensible tactical advice and leadership and stop giving them the lead in abusing officials which is leaving them shorthanded on the park due to soft red cards.

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

This is our 3rd season in premier, the goal is to stay there, not go back to a yoyo club.

In terms of ambition we set a target and then hope to over achieve that’s what happened last year, there’s only 4 positions from last years final position and this years target.

No point making a target of winning the league, because that’s a lot harder to do than saying it.

Stuart, agree with you on disapline and this is something we already have plans to address.

As for the loads of cash, our budgets the same as last season, we tried a different approach and it didn’t pay off.

Always remember the first year beith were in the super premier league possibly about 2007 and we were away to Gretna I think it was pre season In a friendly, was speaking to Frank our manager back then on the coach on the way home and I was saying it would be great to stay up /consolidate etc etc, he was having none of it and said we are in it to win it, only a couple of years later we did go on to win it and have won it twice now, that conversation changed my whole outlook and I feel you need to be in it to win it, sorry but 8th or above is a total lack of ambition. 

I think the buffs would be mad 2 sack strain as hes done a brilliant job for use.look where use where when he took over 2 where use r now. He wears his heart on his sleeve, yes hes a bit of a headcase but i think thats passion n his love for the game. Hes also seemed a decent guy the times ive spoken 2 him in the pub after the games.

Mon the papers

1 hour ago, parkcircus said:

Presumably a target of 8th means that you think that at least seven clubs in the division have a player budget greater than Buffs? 

It's easy to point the finger at one man for yesterdays result, although I heard various shouts of sack the manager, sack the folk that sack the manager, that wans pish get him off, he's pish tae get him aff, and not as polite as that..
Worst of all was Strains boy was sitting next to me and heard it all too.

Yesterdays performance and result was the Sum of all its parts, the Players were poor individually, poor collectively, poor discipline, starting formation didn't work, starting line up was a gamble leaving Sam out.

The Manager and is coaching staff are responsible for team selection and formation, they work with the team week in, week out for a minimum of 3hrs, we only see them for 90 minutes on game day, their decisions are based on what they've seen or not seen in previous sessions and games,  they'll be analysing what went wrong an will learn from it.
Players will know themselves that they weren't at the races, not even close to their best, good players work on mistakes and weaknesses, bad players refuse to accept them, hopefully our players will learn and come back stronger.
The chemistry on the park was poor, not for the first time this season  and with similar results, this is strange as at training they are all tuned in, focused and work well together.
Ref played a part in it as well, Soft Penalty IMHO, Boylan's sending off was late tackle but a genuine attempt to get the ball, definitely a forwards challenge, again IMHO, mibe the highlights will say otherwise but I was close to it and thought no more than a yellow.

I happen to know the last thing the players were told before taking the field was discipline was key, I thought they lost their composure yesterday but not their discipline, the two sending's off were for challenges not for indiscipline .

Like I say, easy to blame one man for yesterday, but you're asking for the head to be amputated because you've got toothache.

Edit, I've now seen the Boylan sending off again, eek!

Archived