Time for Strain to go

Louis Mooie

That was one of the worst performances I have seen from the Buffs in a long time. Quarter final of the Scottish and no fight. There is ways to lose a game but not one of those players can look in the mirror and say I gave it my all. Too many superstars who stroll about and cheat the club. Players should be returning their wages if they had any respect for the club. Adam has a shocker for the first goal, then 2 down, third goal is a Buffs corner gets cleared and superstar Wardrobe gets told man on but instead of knocking it back in the box, loses the ball which leads to Adam sending off.  Team has gone backwards by a country mile, major overhaul required and the managers time is up. I don’t know Strains contract situation but he should do the decent thing and resign. Players are not playing for him and the way Coleman and Boylan spoke to one another in the first half was terrible also.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was one of the worst performances I have seen from the Buffs in a long time. Quarter final of the Scottish and no fight. There is ways to lose a game but not one of those players can look in the mirror and say I gave it my all. Too many superstars who stroll about and cheat the club. Players should be returning their wages if they had any respect for the club. Adam has a shocker for the first goal, then 2 down, third goal is a Buffs corner gets cleared and superstar Wardrobe gets told man on but instead of knocking it back in the box, loses the ball which leads to Adam sending off.  Team has gone backwards by a country mile, major overhaul required and the managers time is up. I don’t know Strains contract situation but he should do the decent thing and resign. Players are not playing for him and the way Coleman and Boylan spoke to one another in the first half was terrible also.

Wee Arnie the ex Talbot man behind putting the buffs and strain to the sword. Strain and his old fella will absolutely hate to know that fact.

Congratulations to Largs

Lack of professionalism by the Buffs starts with the manager. The indiscipline spreads through the team. The team aren’t sharp, too slow to move the ball and end up with the lump up the park.
How many red cards has Boylan collected so far this season, must be around 5?

A bit unfair on the guy. We keep getting told the buffs are skint so the guy is doing as much as he can on a limited budget. Bear in mind, Chris took the Buffs from the wilderness of the ADL twice and has had them competing at the top end of the premier and the latter stages of the Scottish in recent seasons.

54 minutes ago, BL2 said:

This is such a knee jerk thread. Both teams took to the park today with the mantra of "if we turn up we win". We turned up, and Kilwinning didn't, so it's done. It could've went the other way.

It’s not knee jerk. This is not just about today. Scottish Cup run has papered over the cracks, team has  gone backwards massively and make no mistake this is Chris Strain’s team, bar a couple of players who were their when he arrived.

Let’s hear your solution then Louis? Who’s in and who’s out ? When we doing this ? Are you gonna join the committee and manage all this change ? Sounds like an aufy overhaul.

It’s not knee jerk. This is not just about today. Scottish Cup run has papered over the cracks, team has  gone backwards massively and make no mistake this is Chris Strain’s team, bar a couple of players who were their when he arrived.

If you honestly think Kilwinning aren't in a good place the now your delusional. The last quarter final we beat you in in 2012 you were Ayrshire district without a hope in the world.

8 minutes ago, honestbuff said:

Let’s hear your solution then Louis? Who’s in and who’s out ? When we doing this ? Are you gonna join the committee and manage all this change ? Sounds like an aufy overhaul.

When we doing this? Join the committee and manage the change. So you are accepting today, let’s brush it off, give the boys another chance. You put players up for sale, agree a price with a club, player goes, you bring a player in honestbuff that’s how a transfer works. If you want to be a fan of a middle of the road junior club then well done to you but I won’t be.

15 minutes ago, BL2 said:
20 minutes ago, Louis Mooie said:

If you honestly think Kilwinning aren't in a good place the now your delusional. The last quarter final we beat you in in 2012 you were Ayrshire district without a hope in the world.

We are in a position now with nothing to play for and it’s Febuary. We should be winning trophies and getting to finals so why should the fans accept mid table and going out in quarter finals.

2 minutes ago, BL2 said:
3 minutes ago, Louis Mooie said:
We are in a position now with nothing to play for and it’s Febuary. We should be winning trophies and getting to finals so why should the fans accept mid table and going out in quarter finals.

Please behave

Please behave what.

When we doing this? Join the committee and manage the change. So you are accepting today, let’s brush it off, give the boys another chance. You put players up for sale, agree a price with a club, player goes, you bring a player in honestbuff that’s how a transfer works. If you want to be a fan of a middle of the road junior club then well done to you but I won’t be.

So we will sell all these players you think are crap, buy much better players with the money we get. Appoint new management team and win the Scottish and league next year?
Will you be the new chairman please , sounds feckin magnificent to me!

5 minutes ago, honestbuff said:

So we will sell all these players you think are crap, buy much better players with the money we get. Appoint new management team and win the Scottish and league next year?
Will you be the new chairman please , sounds feckin magnificent to me!

What the hell you on about. Some players are clearly not good enough so you get players in who are hungry and want to improve, not players who are not playing for the manager and believe they are superstars. Are you actually accepting today as a one off and let’s go again.

What the hell you on about. Some players are clearly not good enough so you get players in who are hungry and want to improve, not players who are not playing for the manager and believe they are superstars. Are you actually accepting today as a one off and let’s go again.

I can assure you I was as gutted as anyone today. Just want to know more about your strategy and if you would be willing to step in and put it into action. Creating a post to sack manager and players aufy easy, my weans could do that. Need more that that.

23 minutes ago, honestbuff said:

I can assure you I was as gutted as anyone today. Just want to know more about your strategy and if you would be willing to step in and put it into action. Creating a post to sack manager and players aufy easy, my weans could do that. Need more that that.

Look, I don’t have the time unfortunately to be on a committee due to work, anyone on a committee at any level of football I tip my hat to them and without these people we would not have a club, I get that and appreciate it. This post is not a personal dig at Chris Strain who over the past 5 or 6 years at the club has done well and took us from the lower league to the top league, but for me today was the final straw. Players are simply not playing for him, discipline is shocking and in my opinion it’s time for a new manager.

I can see this post from both sides, You appreciate what’s been done and how far he has taking the team, But it’s painful to watch when the players are strolling around not caring and picking up a wage. I would give the manager the time he deserves to evaluate what’s happened in today’s game and see what the rest of season brings. Changing a manager isn’t always the best option especially one with such a strong community backing.

Great progress has been made and I think he’s a good manager, It’s frustrating as you want the best for your team. Time will tell if it’s just a blip

Archived