All aboard the Pars Promotion Party Bus 2019/20. Stopping at Mid Table Obscurity Easter 2019.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

The problem with getting promoted is that then you are promoted. 

If they think we’re no trying we’re in trouble. First hint of it and they’ll be onto the SPFL saying “these c***s are no’ tryin’” and our payout is fuckin finished. But then again, try too hard and we ended up gettin fuckin promoted. Nightmare. It’s a fuckin tightrope.

Think Pars will probably finish 3rd now. We have a plan and nobody outside the top two can break it down IMO

Btw any bets made between Ayr and Pars fans regarding us finishing above you weren’t to be taken seriously in case you were wondering.

6 points doesn’t seem that much now. Even with a game in hand.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

Think Pars will probably finish 3rd now. We have a plan and nobody outside the top two can break it down IMO

Inverness will go back above us if they win their game in hand. 

I still think it's too soon to see if we'll finish top half let alone top 4. 

Hopefully we can keep this run going for as long as possible but we will have at least a few games where we don't win.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Btw any bets made between Ayr and Pars fans regarding us finishing above you weren’t to be taken seriously in case you were wondering.

It's a bit tongue and cheek D'Jaffo. It is remarkable how close we are after the differing seasons we have had but you guys will easily see out a play-off and 3rd place I think.

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Inverness will go back above us if they win their game in hand. 

I still think it's too soon to see if we'll finish top half let alone top 4. 

Hopefully we can keep this run going for as long as possible but we will have at least a few games where we don't win.

I think we're better than ICT. Confident of coming ahead of them. Game in hand or not.  Also can't see who will come ahead of us to put us in the bottom half. We are incredibly dogged and that's the wee advantage we have to get that 4th spot. (IMO)

It's a bit tongue and cheek D'Jaffo. It is remarkable how close we are after the differing seasons we have had but you guys will easily see out a play-off and 3rd place I think.

Nah I’m genuinely serious here. It would be absolutely mental if Dunfermline finished in the play offs given the season they’ve had but on the other hand given how poor we’ve been and how good you’ve been in the last few weeks it wouldn’t surprise me if we played each other in the playoffs.

I don’t believe that this shows how poor the league is. Just shows how there’s not been any outstanding teams or any Brechin type teams this season. Everyone is cutting each other’s throats but at least it’s entertaining.

I would be surprised if we didn't win the league, 4 games 3 formations Stevie, Shields and Cal just want to keep folk guessing, if there enough formations to change it over a 36 game season? If so I think after promotion we will stop 10 in a row and win the treble!

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

Wouldn't worry excessively about that, enough signs from County that Shankland is getting bsck to his best and if he is I can see you going all the way. 

However when he leaves I can see you troubling the other end. 

However when he leaves I can see you troubling the other end. 

It’s an absolute guarantee. With him, Rose and Smith all leaving it’ll be a proper slog of a season. Would be nice if Alloa could stay up which means they’ll be 2 part time teams next season but it’ll be hard either way.

On 02/03/2019 at 23:41, D'Jaffo said:

Nah I’m genuinely serious here. It would be absolutely mental if Dunfermline finished in the play offs given the season they’ve had but on the other hand given how poor we’ve been and how good you’ve been in the last few weeks it wouldn’t surprise me if we played each other in the playoffs.

I don’t believe that this shows how poor the league is. Just shows how there’s not been any outstanding teams or any Brechin type teams this season. Everyone is cutting each other’s throats but at least it’s entertaining.

I think it's more entertaining if you don't watch the games. The standard is absolutely dire.

I think it's more entertaining if you don't watch the games. The standard is absolutely dire.

I happen to find 1-1 draws between Falkirk and Morton entertaining. That and the petty hatred over an incredibly average manager.

Archived