TTGJ’s XI v King Snake McKinnon’s XI: The Hounding/Shame Game Crossover

7 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

With Todorov, Lavery and Jarvis starting for the reserves today I'd imagine it will be Rudden and Petravicius up front again on Friday 

Not necessarily. Any first team player who's on the bench on a Saturday will automatically start the reserve match on the Monday. It's how McKinnon & Taylor ensure that everyone's getting game time.

The reserve selections have no bearing on the next first team game.

Performances in the reserve game can make a difference though.

Yesterday we were 2-0 down, albeit totally against the run of play. Then Jarvis went off injured, Todorov went up front (he'd been playing at centrehalf), Dunne came on for Lavery and we rattled in three goals to win the match.

2 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Not necessarily. Any first team player who's on the bench on a Saturday will automatically start the reserve match on the Monday. It's how McKinnon & Taylor ensure that everyone's getting game time.

The reserve selections have no bearing on the next first team game.

Performances in the reserve game can make a difference though.

Yesterday we were 2-0 down, albeit totally against the run of play. Then Jarvis went off injured, Todorov went up front (he'd been playing at centrehalf), Dunne came on for Lavery and we rattled in three goals to win the match.

So we could see a Todorov Rudden partnership then ... Also any more details to the nature of Jarvis injury?

8 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edjenguele Dixon

Paton Osman McShane

DKD

Rudden Petravicious

I'd be surprised if everyone was fit and this wasn't the team tbh. I still think Rudden and Petra together don't have the balance we would like and putting someone like Jarvis or Todorov up top would make the ball stick more. 

Saying that, both Petra and Rudden put in so much work during a game that it would be harsh to drop them but Petra would be the obvious one to drop if we did.

2-0 Bairns

13 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

Burgoyne

McGhee McKenna Edjenguele Dixon

Paton Osman McShane

DKD

Rudden Petravicious

I am expecting that line up depending on the Osman injury which could lead to either Waddington, McLean or Todorov getting a call up, more likely Waddington.

Then again, no doubt Morton will be watched tonight and something might come out of that to change the team

I am expecting that line up depending on the Osman injury which could lead to either Waddington, McLean or Todorov getting a call up, more likely Waddington.
Then again, no doubt Morton will be watched tonight and something might come out of that to change the team
Osman was ill not injured

We put in an unexpected good performance tonight so I guess there will be some belief that we can do the same on Fri.

We actually created a few chances which is not like us and deserved the 3 points.

That's now 4 1/2 games, 401 minutes since we last conceded at Cappielow.

Tidser ran the show so surely must start alongside young Lyon who had a great game. Just hope he doesn't freshen it up and brings back Dykes and Telfer etc.

Another huge game, win and I can't see Falkirk overtaking us and we can actually look at 4th place  being a realistic target again.

We've now arrived at the business end of the season. A win on Friday and we go a massive 11 points ahead of Falkirk with 9 games remaining. This would keep Falkirk mired in a relegation battle with us looking at a top 4 finish.

Noticed Falkirk's last two games of the season are against Dundee Utd and Ross County. Don't see them getting maximum points there. If they haven't pulled away from the relegation zone before these games it could prove costly.

We don't really need to change much from last night as the system and formation worked. We controlled the game and made chances. 

I would bring in Kiltie for Dallas and Miller for McAlister if he's injured.  Tidser and Lyons looked a good partnership in midfield, so would give them another outing.

I suppose you could look at a Thomson Kiltie partnership up top if McHugh is injured also. Thought both of them looked lively when they came on.

Looking forward to Friday... bring it on!