TTGJ’s XI v King Snake McKinnon’s XI: The Hounding/Shame Game Crossover

Just now, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Frustrating from the Ton tonight, but console yourselves with this, brothers: at least we’re not fuckin Falkirk... arseholes from dugout to pitch to terraces... not to mention some of the delusional shite on here.

hope you enjoyed the #scenes at the equaliser my man.

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, virginton said:

Your ‘overreaction’ claim didn’t even hold up until the end of your post.

Is stating that he is a negative manager an overreaction? People describing that game as ‘embarrassing’ and that three of our players, including Tidser, were ‘horrendous’ seems more of an overreaction.  Our first half performance was good, the second half didn’t really get going after the card. More than anything else it was a frustrating final 30 mins. But it’s a marked improvement on a lot of football seen over the course of this season, which is admittedly a low bar.

28 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

That's why I said I have no complaints about the draw. We should have made the 1 man advantage work for us but didn't. Miller should have won it near the end as all he had to do was hit the target and it's game over.

We controlled the game and could and possibly should have won it

They won't like that. 

13 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Frustrating from the Ton tonight, but console yourselves with this, brothers: at least we’re not fuckin Falkirk... arseholes from dugout to pitch to terraces... not to mention some of the delusional shite on here.

Oh dear. 

15 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

at least we’re not fuckin Falkirk... arseholes from dugout to pitch to terraces... not to mention some of the delusional shite on here.

EBC374DC-461D-407C-845F-413AB3322EED.jpeg

Is stating that he is a negative manager an overreaction? People describing that game as ‘embarrassing’ and that three of our players, including Tidser, were ‘horrendous’ seems more of an overreaction.  Our first half performance was good, the second half didn’t really get going after the card. More than anything else it was a frustrating final 30 mins. But it’s a marked improvement on a lot of football seen over the course of this season, which is admittedly a low bar.

We created just two chances in the first 45 minutes so I’ve no idea how that’s considered a good performance. The team then had a final half hour to win the game against ten men and were utterly toothless. And Tidser sent almost every set piece sailing into the keeper’s arms or failed to beat the first man so proved to be piss poor in this contest as well.

We’re not grading on a curve here: what would be considered a rancid display and result at the start of the season is the same now, regardless of the clown in the dugout.

Away and lie down wi your sister FFS.

19 minutes ago, virginton said:

We created just two chances in the first 45 minutes so I’ve no idea how that’s considered a good performance. The team then had a final half hour to win the game against ten men and were utterly toothless. And Tidser sent almost every set piece sailing into the keeper’s arms or failed to beat the first man so proved to be piss poor in this contest as well.

We’re not grading on a curve here: what would be considered a rancid display and result at the start of the season is the same now, regardless of the clown in the dugout.

I don’t disagree we were poor in the final 30 mins. However, they’ve only lost twice in their last 11 I think, and overall our record in h2h against them is worse at home than it is away. King Snake has clearly made them adept at parking the bus. I’m also not arguing that Johansson has turned some corner. After the Peterhead and East Fife debacles I lost most of my faith in him and regretted staunchly defending him. If people have lost all faith in him beyond repair, that’s understandable. My point was only to say that that result and performance was far from an ‘embarrassment’. It just wasn’t that good, mainly in the second half.

5 minutes ago, Senator Frimpton said:

Can someone let me know when this hounding starts? I'd hate to miss it.

Thanks in advance

Anyone who actually thought there would be any such thing as a “hounding”whatever some pinbrains think that is, should really go and get their bumps felt.

On the other hand, those wee fannies with their “pitch invasion”.......  what an utter, utter embarrassment they were.

44 minutes ago, The Ghost of B A R P said:

Wow, I couldn't give a f**k about  Morton

I don’t disagree we were poor in the final 30 mins. However, they’ve only lost twice in their last 11 I think, and overall our record in h2h against them is worse at home than it is away. King Snake has clearly made them adept at parking the bus. I’m also not arguing that Johansson has turned some corner. After the Peterhead and East Fife debacles I lost most of my faith in him and regretted staunchly defending him. If people have lost all faith in him beyond repair, that’s understandable. My point was only to say that that result and performance was far from an ‘embarrassment’. It just wasn’t that good, mainly in the second half.

I couldn’t care less about the recent record of a team struggling against relegation; never mind that bizarre and meaningless head to head factoid. You said that it was a good performance in the first half: a genuinely good performance in any game of bog-standard league football yields more than two meaningful attempts at goal. Being less turgid with the ball than in TTGJ’s highlights reel is not an achievement.

The red card rightly changes the entire judgment of that game, as any halfway competent team takes advantage of that and wins the game (probably comfortably at that). And a manager who isn’t a total fucking shitebag gives them the required tools to do so. The final result and performance therefore confirms those judgments in spades.

First half id say we edge it. Morton’s goal was against the run of play and we wobbled for 10 minutes after that. Great goal from us, with Rudden getting across his man.
Second half we were very poor even before the red card. Still unsure about that thought it was very harsh at the time so would have to see it back. However, the fact we played over half an hour with 10 men and Morton never had a shot on target speaks more about them than us.

McKenna being pish is the biggest lot of “pish” I’ve ever heard. Sums up some football fans tbf. 20 year old and he finally has an off game and he’s suddenly pish.

9 minutes ago, virginton said:

I couldn’t care less about the recent record of a team struggling against relegation; never mind that bizarre and meaningless head to head factoid. You said that it was a good performance in the first half: a genuinely good performance in any game of bog-standard league football yields more than two meaningful attempts at goal. Being less turgid with the ball than in TTGJ’s highlights reel is not an achievement.

The red card rightly changes the entire judgment of that game, as any halfway competent team takes advantage of that and wins the game (probably comfortably at that). And a manager who isn’t a total fucking shitebag gives them the required tools to do so. The final result and performance therefore confirms those judgments in spades.

That fact was only to highlight that historically it’s not as if we traditionally turn over Falkirk. You are correct about it not being an achievement, but this game and the Queen’s game were improvements, and I’m only clinging to it in the hope that it continues into the end of the season because the manager is highly unlikely to get sacked. You may not personally care about their recent record, but it does have a factor in the game and demonstrates partly why we couldn’t brake them down.

Although I’ll concede the other factor is closely linked to your second point...

Archived