TTGJ’s XI v King Snake McKinnon’s XI: The Hounding/Shame Game Crossover

3 minutes ago, FPB said:

Even before the red card it was high balls from the back up to the boy up top. Not pretty viewing and if this is how they play on the massive pitch in Grangemouth then I can see why they’re struggling. 

Falkirk midfield absent today. Lack of final product for Morton has allowed Falkirk to take a point here. 

Aye ok pal

Good point after the usual dallas performance. Still unbeaten this year.

Football fans are fickle in general, but the delusion of Falkirk fans is up there with the old firm. Invading the pitch for equalising in the first half, trying to fool folk that you’re suddenly one of the strongest teams in the league, attempting to blame the referee today.

Get. Down.

Have to take that in the circumstances. Said it was a dig deep moment glad we managed it.

Nothing like a BBC game to get folk talking utter shite about teams/players they are watching for the first time.

Morton should be really disappponted with that. One decent run and goal from Kiltie and totally wasteful aside from that.

If any neutrals have been confused about why Morton fans are so vociferous in their dislike of Johansson, our performance after Falkirk went down to 10 men says it all. He’s not just clueless, he’s an absolutely gutless shitebag.

Persisting with the back three while Falkirk were playing a 4-5-0 formation was some laugh. Yet another item on the long long list of reasons to sack him.

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

12 vs 10 and you still couldn’t beat us.

I’m not a Morton fan and funnily enough I have a soft sport for Falkirk considering they’re my local team. 

I thought the ref was spot on as well, didn’t notice him which is always a good sign. The 2nd yellow was correct, didn’t see the first. 

2 minutes ago, MonEhTon said:

Football fans are fickle in general, but the delusion of Falkirk fans is up there with the old firm. Invading the pitch for equalising in the first half, trying to fool folk that you’re suddenly one of the strongest teams in the league, attempting to blame the referee today.

Get. Down.

:lol:

Just now, Dunning1874 said:

If any neutrals have been confused about why Morton fans are so vociferous in their dislike of Johansson, our performance after Falkirk went down to 10 men says it all. He’s not just clueless, he’s an absolutely gutless shitebag.

Persisting with the back three while Falkirk were playing a 4-5-0 formation was some laugh. Yet another item on the long long list of reasons to sack him.

Yet you like him cos he’s a ‘Rangers Man’ ?? Weak support.

4 minutes ago, FPB said:

I’m not a Morton fan and funnily enough I have a soft sport for Falkirk considering they’re my local team. 

I thought the ref was spot on as well, didn’t notice him which is always a good sign. The 2nd yellow was correct, didn’t see the first. 

He booked one of our players for a trip committed by one of our other players. If thats spot on then fecks sake. Was hardly a bad tackle in the match. Probably only mcshanes and yet we're down to ten men for two innocuous fouls. We should be trying to keep 11 v 11 and not sending players off for feck all. Tackle on mclean was worse than dixon  and yet not even a foul was given.

Edited by Shodwall cat

1 minute ago, FPB said:

You didn’t notice Andrew Dallas ? You blind mate ?

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You didn’t notice Andrew Dallas ? You blind mate ?

Surprisingly I didn’t notice him, game seemed to flow. Any other time I’ve seen him he’s been utter pish. 

Rudden must have been into double figures for the amount of fouls he gave away tonight. Red card is 100% spot on. Really difficult to break down a team when they have 10 men behind and not interested in going forward. Out set plays were terrible tonight, most of them nit getting past first player.

Cant see why anyone is complaining about the red (if anyone except Shadwell is?)

Dixon was stupid. Took a huge chance doing what he did especially in that area and thats probably 80/20 a yellow card.

Every game is a hard game from now on though and draws are looking to be not good enough. Whats pleasing is in consecutive weeks, our unbeaten run has continued against Dund££ Unit€d and away to Morton with 10 men for half an hour.

This results thing is what allows us to consider ourselves a mich stronger team now, what with the availability of form tables etc, for this in the thread having a hard time understanding.

Up until the red I thought it was an even game with Morton dominating the early part of the second half.
The red seemed fair enough and after that we were struggling in a big way but the subs helped us manage the game out well, Morton had a lot of the ball but did very little with it, I was really surprised they didn't go for it a bit more.
A few of our new signings had their worst performances for us tonight. McKenna and Edge were very shaky but both improved after the red.
I think we'll see it as a point gained and we can hopefully see a much improved performance next week.