TTGJ’s XI v King Snake McKinnon’s XI: The Hounding/Shame Game Crossover

29 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

Fucking hell, I hope the game's better than this fucking dreadful thread, the Morton boys on here are certainly a collective of utter dullards.

We’re keeping the abuse and personal threats for Friday night :) 

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly think the bottom two will be two of the current three with the only exception being if queens continue to dive bomb. I can’t see all three of us all managing to accumulate enough points to drag anyone else in. Yeah maybe one team might go on a great run but that will be it.

5 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

I think we've got the players now to sustain the run we are on til the end of the season (I'm not saying we'll go unbeaten or anything like that, but we could average say 2 pts  a game). The results over the last 6 games have generally reflected the performances which has been a huge improvement on the first half of the season. You are right, we will need to continue our run to ensure we pull away from trouble, but if you look where we were 6 games ago I am optimistic this can be achieved Screenshot_2019-02-27-15-18-46.thumb.png.67b475fde5d77d6c1a9b7760e582031d.png

“If we could average two points a game”, he says, presumably seriously.......

In the halfway-stage league table that you posted only the top two teams managed that. Falkirk managed about 0.67 of a point per game. In today’s league table only Ross County, the league leaders, have managed it.  Falkirk have averaged precisely one point per game - ie 25. And yet you’re “optimistic this can be achieved “.......    hmmm

Wanna buy some magic beans?

34 minutes ago, Rudolph Hucker said:

“If we could average two points a game”, he says, presumably seriously.......

In the halfway-stage league table that you posted only the top two teams managed that. Falkirk managed about 0.67 of a point per game. In today’s league table only Ross County, the league leaders, have managed it.  Falkirk have averaged precisely one point per game - ie 25. And yet you’re “optimistic this can be achieved “.......    hmmm

Wanna buy some magic beans?

You are failing to take into account (deliberately I assume) that the first half of the season and from January of this year you are essentially comparing the records of 2 different teams. Our current squad has played six games and accumulated twelve points, so two per game. 

Our points per game total from before Christmas is irrelevant as most of that squad are now buried in shallow graves in the space where our 4th stand would be if we didn't need the room to dispose of the corpses of under achievers.

12 hours ago, Colkitto said:

We've now arrived at the business end of the season. A win on Friday and we go a massive 11 points ahead of Falkirk with 9 games remaining. This would keep Falkirk mired in a relegation battle with us looking at a top 4 finish.

Noticed Falkirk's last two games of the season are against Dundee Utd and Ross County. Don't see them getting maximum points there. If they haven't pulled away from the relegation zone before these games it could prove costly.

We don't really need to change much from last night as the system and formation worked. We controlled the game and made chances. 

I would bring in Kiltie for Dallas and Miller for McAlister if he's injured.  Tidser and Lyons looked a good partnership in midfield, so would give them another outing.

I suppose you could look at a Thomson Kiltie partnership up top if McHugh is injured also. Thought both of them looked lively when they came on.

Looking forward to Friday... bring it on! 

Beating queens was a massive result for you. I think a point suits you on Friday but this is a game we need to target for 3 points to be honest. We are in great form so we should be confident but we really can't keep playing not to lose if we want to climb the table and wrap everyone else up in this dog fight. Hopefully queens keep being shite and partick go on a bit of a slide now.

36 minutes ago, GMBairn said:

You are failing to take into account (deliberately I assume) that the first half of the season and from January of this year you are essentially comparing the records of 2 different teams. Our current squad has played six games and accumulated twelve points, so two per game. 

Our points per game total from before Christmas is irrelevant as most of that squad are now buried in shallow graves in the space where our 4th stand would be if we didn't need the room to dispose of the corpses of under achievers.

....... and YOU are failing to take into account that only two teams over eighteen games, and one team over twenty five games, has achieved two points per game, an average that the poster I quoted (and, presumably, you too) think your team will manage to maintain over the next eleven games. 

Ross County and, till recently at least, Ayr United have been significantly better teams than the new, improved Falkirk.  I'll be amazed if you average two per game from now till May. 

I'd say Falkirk have a decent chance of overtaking Alloa and keeping Thistle at bay.  If Morton play like we did on Tuesday, we'll be fine and still ahead of Falkirk in May.  Queens I can't say as I've only seen them when they've played Morton, but they are reputed to have got a lot worse as the season has gone on - you are only 5 behind them and have a game in hand so wouldn't take much to get above them.  However what kills the chances of moving up the league are draws - For example Inverness have lost less games than Ayr but have drawn so many that they are 7 points behind them.  To climb the table, you need to win games.  That's why a draw on Friday would be reasonably OK for us but wouldn't be for you as you start to run out of fixtures.

I'd say Falkirk have a decent chance of overtaking Alloa and keeping Thistle at bay.  If Morton play like we did on Tuesday, we'll be fine and still ahead of Falkirk in May.  Queens I can't say as I've only seen them when they've played Morton, but they are reputed to have got a lot worse as the season has gone on - you are only 5 behind them and have a game in hand so wouldn't take much to get above them.  However what kills the chances of moving up the league are draws - For example Inverness have lost less games than Ayr but have drawn so many that they are 7 points behind them.  To climb the table, you need to win games.  That's why a draw on Friday would be reasonably OK for us but wouldn't be for you as you start to run out of fixtures.

Like DU fans I believe you are under estimating us in terms of how much we have improved. Had we had this side since August I believe we would be in the top 3.

If we win Friday it sucks you back in too. Anyone who has a bad run now from you down will be in trouble. FWIIW I don’t see us losing Friday. Win? I think you will have to score or we will win.

Like DU fans I believe you are under estimating us in terms of how much we have improved. Had we had this side since August I believe we would be in the top 3.

If we win Friday it sucks you back in too. Anyone who has a bad run now from you down will be in trouble. FWIIW I don’t see us losing Friday. Win? I think you will have to score or we will win.

The difference is night and day. Our bench on Saturday could have beaten a team of 11 pre January imposters.

Over the last 6 games we have gained 6 points on some of the teams above us. Keep that form up and we will be safe.

Archived