Todays scores 23/2

GNU_Linux

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 23/02/2019 at 20:41, ex-german exile said:
On 23/02/2019 at 20:36, pheasant plucker said:
My view of game at Hurlford was a draw was probably about right although I didn’t see it coming at that stage as Bankies defence had looked pretty solid throughout plus that big roaster Robertson had been sent off as he always looked likely to. Nothing in it first half and both sides put in plenty of effort throughout with Bankies going ahead on the break in the second after Hurlford had opened strongly. Equaliser did seem to catch keeper out a bit
Quite a disappointing attendance. Bankies will prob be slight favourites now but I wouldn’t bet on outcome.

Surprised you thought it was a poor crowd. Our biggest of the season so far, including when Talbot visited.

It was blowing a hoolie that day and the lack of shelter at Blair Park certainly effects the crowds,

Embarrassing & the only good thing was I was working & missed it. We are a shadow of a side without Davy Anderson in the team but with all respect we should still be good enough to be a club of Carlukes standing .
To be fair kilbirnie didnt show rovers any respect aye there were favourites to win but they players strolled on to the park 20 mins before ko for a warm up thinking they had won before the game kicked off big shock when the rovers came a bang and what i seen carluke were the better team

384 for a Scottish junior Cup quarter final seriously???? [emoji38][emoji38]
If that's the case our game is fucked. 
Totally! Young people ain't interested. Some of them won't walk the length of their self to attend games. Trouble is we need to invent Junior football that is played on an Xbox. But I'm thinking that isn't the solution somehow

26 minutes ago, Cancellara said:
15 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:
384 for a Scottish junior Cup quarter final seriously???? emoji38.pngemoji38.png
If that's the case our game is fucked. 

Totally! Young people ain't interested. Some of them won't walk the length of their self to attend games. Trouble is we need to invent Junior football that is played on an Xbox. But I'm thinking that isn't the solution somehow

It's a shame to see scottish Cup quarter finals only getting 384, it wasnt so long ago that quarter final ties were easily getting 1500 to 2000 and they were large attendances, xbox can be part of the reason but consoles are world wide and other countries don't seem to take a huge hit with things,  don't know if the youngsters nowadays see ' junior' football as trendy but there's clearly problems when you see only 384 at a quarter final, especially with clydebank in it as potentially they're in the top 3 crowd wise alongside Pollok and talbot, it wasnt too long ago that bankies took a huge crowd down to rugby Park in the final v talbot, I'm genuinely surprised that there was only 384 at a cup quarter final involving them. 

It's a shame to see scottish Cup quarter finals only getting 384, it wasnt so long ago that quarter final ties were easily getting 1500 to 2000 and they were large attendances, xbox can be part of the reason but consoles are world wide and other countries don't seem to take a huge hit with things,  don't know if the youngsters nowadays see ' junior' football as trendy but there's clearly problems when you see only 384 at a quarter final, especially with clydebank in it as potentially they're in the top 3 crowd wise alongside Pollok and talbot, it wasnt too long ago that bankies took a huge crowd down to rugby Park in the final v talbot, I'm genuinely surprised that there was only 384 at a cup quarter final involving them. 
Sadly people are cherry picking nowadays

3 hours ago, catchthecat said:
21 hours ago, fan of the juniors said:
Embarrassing & the only good thing was I was working & missed it. We are a shadow of a side without Davy Anderson in the team but with all respect we should still be good enough to be a club of Carlukes standing .

To be fair kilbirnie didnt show rovers any respect aye there were favourites to win but they players strolled on to the park 20 mins before ko for a warm up thinking they had won before the game kicked off big shock when the rovers came a bang and what i seen carluke were the better team

A good keen contest with not much between the teams. Had a look of pens a long time before the end. Good luck to Carluke in the next round, good bunch of fans, committee and players.

I know of a good few of us who just couldnt make it for whatever reason, work, holidays etc so it happens, but yes even our crowds are down on the whole.

7 hours ago, catchthecat said:
On 24/02/2019 at 19:00, fan of the juniors said:

Not entirely sure there was any disrespect shown toward Carluke Rovers at all. How can you possibly know what the players were thinking during the warm up ?

It was just a terrible game and had 0-0 written all over it. The rain made it a bit "iffy" at times but even taking that into account both teams were pretty awful.

The draw was the fair result.

3 hours ago, Cancellara said:
4 hours ago, ThemightyHERTHA said:

Sadly people are cherry picking nowadays

You say that people are cherry picking, surely this is a top game with two top teams!

6 minutes ago, Seaside Sam said:

You say that people are cherry picking, surely this is a top game with two top teams!

Exactly and its just a really underwhelming crowd for me, say bankies took 200 fans down which I would fully expect at least, that leaves under 200 Hurlford fans for a quarter final of the scottish. That's bizzare to me. 

Archived