Todays scores 23/2

GNU_Linux

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really tough to take with the equaliser late on, maybe waters should have done better but don't want to slate players after today, the team were tremendous, we were the better team for much of the match and can't see any reason why we cant get the job done next week.

My view of game at Hurlford was a draw was probably about right although I didn’t see it coming at that stage as Bankies defence had looked pretty solid throughout plus that big roaster Robertson had been sent off as he always looked likely to. Nothing in it first half and both sides put in plenty of effort throughout with Bankies going ahead on the break in the second after Hurlford had opened strongly. Equaliser did seem to catch keeper out a bit
Quite a disappointing attendance. Bankies will prob be slight favourites now but I wouldn’t bet on outcome.

hugely disappointing to lose the equaliser the way we did. Really comfortable esp after the sending off and under a minute to play.  Had better of first half with a strong wind - which dropped considerably. 2nd half - dominated possession and chances. Do wonder if Hurlford will be as poor againin replay but we pressed the game well ... hopefully in the semi draw
Interesting to see how the other side view it. I thought we had the best of the first half, although neither side created any real chances. The closest to a goal was a header off the Bankies line after some head tennis in the box.

More of the same a second half until Clydebank scored and then they were definitely the better side. When we went 3-4-3, Bankies exploited the space well with their pacy attack. Only a good Ally Brown save from a low Jordan Shelvey drive kept the tie alive and the sending off looked to have sealed Hurlford's fate.

The equaliser was worth the entry money alone, if, as Caddy claims, it was a shot and not a cross. I'm sure some might dispute that, but TBH it's the kind of outrageous attempt he would make.

Obviously given the way the match panned out, Hurlford are happier with the result, but that counts for nothing next week.

A big support down from Clydebank today and they even broke out into a couple of wee songs. Really looking forward to the replay and another tussle.

My view of game at Hurlford was a draw was probably about right although I didn’t see it coming at that stage as Bankies defence had looked pretty solid throughout plus that big roaster Robertson had been sent off as he always looked likely to. Nothing in it first half and both sides put in plenty of effort throughout with Bankies going ahead on the break in the second after Hurlford had opened strongly. Equaliser did seem to catch keeper out a bit
Quite a disappointing attendance. Bankies will prob be slight favourites now but I wouldn’t bet on outcome.
Surprised you thought it was a poor crowd. Our biggest of the season so far, including when Talbot visited.

Who was the sub that Bankies brought on just after the goal? What a turn of speed the boy had (really impressive).

On another day Shelvey could’ve had a hat trick as just after scoring his effort was well saved by Ally Brown and shortly after that he hit the side net with another shot. I thought (for a change) the officials all had decent games today.!

1 hour ago, The'FORD said:

Who was the sub that Bankies brought on just after the goal? What a turn of speed the boy had (really impressive).

On another day Shelvey could’ve had a hat trick as just after scoring his effort was well saved by Ally Brown and shortly after that he hit the side net with another shot. I thought (for a change) the officials all had decent games today.!

Del Hepburn was the sub. Thought he did well 

Really good cup tie at Hurlford draw about right
Was a cracking cup tie both teams giving 150%. kick in the baws for us paper hankies losing a goal so late plus it was a massive fluke but caddis will say he meant it. We go again next week finish the job off.

mon the papers

Archived