POLLOK V TALBOT

happy

Back on topic.The game itself wasn't a classic.Should you see the highlights thou, you will see some superb goalkeeping and a couple of brilliant goals.

The 3 nil score line isn't a true reflection of the game.In fact Pollok  must be wondering,how did that happen!

7 minutes ago, happy said:

Back on topic.The game itself wasn't a classic.Should you see the highlights thou, you will see some superb goalkeeping and a couple of brilliant goals.

The 3 nil score line isn't a true reflection of the game.In fact Pollok  must be wondering,how did that happen!

Leishman and longmuir best 2 in the division class goalies. 

Not much to get excited footballwise. Talbot had that edge that could move up a gear for me. 3-0 maybe flattered them over the piece but they proved the hunger is still there despite going out the big Scottish

First goal today was always going to be so important for both sides. Either going to be a bit of class or a mistake. In the end it was class from Pope.

From that moment forward we had to chase the game and unfortunately don’t have the players on the bench to influence it like Talbot had today.

I am pretty sure everyone at Talbot knew the were in a game today after the first half - not the gulf in teams that the score line showed.

Not a 3-0 game but what a cup tie, great commitment from both teams, Pollok really giving Talbot problems in the first half down the flanks and playing well through the middle with some good movement. At the hour mark just before big Andy made a great save, I would have a took a replay, step up Gordon Pope what a strike!! Pollok huffed and puffed a bit but Talbot got stronger as the game went on, good second on the counter from Samson who never stopped running all day, the third well what can we say about that, big Longmuir will be seeing that in his sleep for weeks!! On another note this was another really good junior game well worth the £7. Always enjoy my trips to Pollok, great ground and another fixture I don’t want to lose over the years. Roll on semi finals what a season so far for Talbot.

First goal today was always going to be so important for both sides. Either going to be a bit of class or a mistake. In the end it was class from Pope.

From that moment forward we had to chase the game and unfortunately don’t have the players on the bench to influence it like Talbot had today.

I am pretty sure everyone at Talbot knew the were in a game today after the first half - not the gulf in teams that the score line showed.
I was giving Pollok pelters. I Usually only do that against opposition if they are matching us with effort. Very entertaining game.

13 minutes ago, Killiepiyo said:

Cheers mate.

No I don't think so, more than likely dizzy tho! Pushing himself for the full 90+ but determined to find the next level. My kind of player 

The young un covered every blade of grass.......twice and deserved his goal.As for Gordon's strike! It was right in the corner.It sat up and he gave it laldy.Steven Wilson's goal? He's found his range. Partial to putting it over the bar!Seriously,fantastic strike.Thats one you won't forget. Specially trying to sleep the night.:)

Lok should have made more of their dominance of the first half but didn’t then a wonder strike in the second half set Talbot away.Bad mistake by Boyle for the second goal and Jordan for the third but as has been said we don’t have that depth from the bench to force a tie.Well done Talbot-a tough game and superb attendance!

On 24/02/2019 at 04:10, Lokloyal said:

Lok should have made more of their dominance of the first half but didn’t then a wonder strike in the second half set Talbot away.Bad mistake by Boyle for the second goal and Jordan for the third but as has been said we don’t have that depth from the bench to force a tie.Well done Talbot-a tough game and superb attendance!

The way Pollok played in first half i would have took a replay going in at half time, but i guess Popes goal was worthy of winning any match.Its my opinion that if Pollok had avoided Talbot in the draw, it would have produced a cracking final, not disrespecting the teams left in it as again i think Talbot hard to beat over two legs.One thing ive noticed is how Talbot seem to move up a gear when Shankland is introduced, should he be starting matches or is it part of Tuckers plan, i just hope Shankers doesnt get fed  up as every player wants to play from the start, its a difficult one to call as the results just keep coming for the Bot.

36 minutes ago, Duraglit shareholder said:

The way Pollok played in first half i would have took a replay going in at half time, but i guess Popes goal was worthy of winning any match.Its my opinion that if Pollok had avoided Talbot in the draw, it would have produced a cracking final, not disrespecting the teams left in it as again i think Talbot hard to beat over two legs.One thing ive noticed is how Talbot seem to move up a gear when Shankland is introduced, should he be starting matches or is it part of Tuckers plan, i just hope Shankers doesnt get fed  up as every player wants to play from the start, its a difficult one to call as the results just keep coming for the Bot.

Shanks arguably our best play at the start of the season before his injury as soon as he is fully fit he will be back starting . The team has been doing so well hard to make changes to starting 11. It’s a good problem for tucker to have having all the options of who to play . 

Archived