Brechin V Stranraer

Thought I would get this one in nice and early. 

After that fantastic  goal and well deserved win last week  we are once again picking through an injury ravaged side to see who is fit enough to go into battle again. 

Sinclair is the latest absentee but Toshney comes back in to cover there.   Otherwise much the same as last week.  The same committed performance will do nicely.

A must win for both sides really .  Not much more you can say . 

3 hours ago, citydiehard said:

Pish pish and more pish.Smythe is far worse than Dodds.Most of the crowd ( about 50) blaming a poor ref is bullshit.The ref didn't didn't make Brechin get beat the players did.So stop making excuses that the ref was poor.He's poor for both teams.

f**k off

I’ve just watched them again and I’ve a bit more sympathy with the ref now than I did on Saturday. Thomson first booking which didn’t look like a foul in real time is a fairly clear shove and denies a clear attack with ref perfectly placed to see it. Booking correct for me. His second booking is still a bit questionable but he was fortunate not to get a yellow for his dive attempting to win a penalty with ref again perfectly placed to see that so Brechin fortunate that they only had 3 minutes with ten men rather than 30. The second penalty claim could have been given either way to be fair. If the ref hasn’t given it because of the earlier dive then that’s good karma and a break that you sometimes need and a rare one for us in recent weeks so most welcome. For example the penalty we were denied at Arbroath 10 days beforehand was much more clear cut.

Stranraer free kick for the winner is a foul and the protests about it not being taken from the correct place that I heard on Saturday don’t stand up. If there’s any doubt about that being a free kick have a look at the one Brechin got in the first match in September in almost the same place. These things even each other out.

Stranraer well deserved victory, better side for most of the game but we need to be turning more of our good play into chances, as a result we needed crucial saves from our keeper at crucial times which isn’t good for the blood pressure!

Great to get the win we’ve been due now hopefully push onwards and upwards.

I’ve just watched them again and I’ve a bit more sympathy with the ref now than I did on Saturday. Thomson first booking which didn’t look like a foul in real time is a fairly clear shove and denies a clear attack with ref perfectly placed to see it. Booking correct for me. His second booking is still a bit questionable but he was fortunate not to get a yellow for his dive attempting to win a penalty with ref again perfectly placed to see that so Brechin fortunate that they only had 3 minutes with ten men rather than 30. The second penalty claim could have been given either way to be fair. If the ref hasn’t given it because of the earlier dive then that’s good karma and a break that you sometimes need and a rare one for us in recent weeks so most welcome. For example the penalty we were denied at Arbroath 10 days beforehand was much more clear cut.
Stranraer free kick for the winner is a foul and the protests about it not being taken from the correct place that I heard on Saturday don’t stand up. If there’s any doubt about that being a free kick have a look at the one Brechin got in the first match in September in almost the same place. These things even each other out.
Stranraer well deserved victory, better side for most of the game but we need to be turning more of our good play into chances, as a result we needed crucial saves from our keeper at crucial times which isn’t good for the blood pressure!
Great to get the win we’ve been due now hopefully push onwards and upwards.

You're on the fckn wind up pal

Archived