Jam Tarts v The Buddies

Think my patience has worn out with Levein. I mean, bringing on Maclean instead of Keena ffs... And his golden signing Vanecek not even on the bench and not fit enough to face Auchinleck the other week.

Would rather Levein left the club. Would take Robbie back TBH and not sure we need a director of football. It's been a bit directionless until now.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, paranoid android said:

Not good enough from us again - good to have Haring back, and some nice touches from Claire.

st mirren had much better chances - he have to be better than that. 

We go on. 

Who's Claire and why was she touching you?

I overheard a Hearts fan pre match wishing for Jim Jeffries to be back, I thought he was mental. But that was turgid from Hearts. I understand that their season is pretty much done except from the cup, but they played as if it was the last day of the season. I expected them to at least be physical and attempt to unsettle us but they were so pedestrian.

It was the first decent set up I've seen from Kearney this season, got the midfield to be tight to the defence, and just trusted/hoped that our centre backs would win their physical battles. It sort of worked, although Hldaky kept us in the game with his string of saves, player of the year already?

The only real negatives I can take from the game, is our finishing is horrific, McGinn and McAllister failed to hit the target never mind score. The way we played isolates the striker so much, the midfield was the most energetic I've seen this season, but all of them struggled to properly support McAllister of either of the strikers. I don't think Nazon or Jackson is suited to how we set up but they both at least tried with the limited service they had.

I overheard a Hearts fan pre match wishing for Jim Jeffries to be back, I thought he was mental. But that was turgid from Hearts. I understand that their season is pretty much done except from the cup, but they played as if it was the last day of the season. I expected them to at least be physical and attempt to unsettle us but they were so pedestrian.

It was the first decent set up I've seen from Kearney this season, got the midfield to be tight to the defence, and just trusted/hoped that our centre backs would win their physical battles. It sort of worked, although Hldaky kept us in the game with his string of saves, player of the year already?

The only real negatives I can take from the game, is our finishing is horrific, McGinn and McAllister failed to hit the target never mind score. The way we played isolates the striker so much, the midfield was the most energetic I've seen this season, but all of them struggled to properly support McAllister of either of the strikers. I don't think Nazon or Jackson is suited to how we set up but they both at least tried with the limited service they had.

Had all the signs of a classic Gus setup today & worked. Reminded me of the game Stewart Kean got a late winner in the first season after we last got promoted.
Thought we were very unlucky today and no one would’ve been able to begrudge us a win if we were capable of taking chances. Who knows had we got the penalty in the first half as well could’ve been much more different. Good to see us taking something from the game despite conceding first.

7 hours ago, Crùbag said:

Think my patience has worn out with Levein. I mean, bringing on Maclean instead of Keena ffs... And his golden signing Vanecek not even on the bench and not fit enough to face Auchinleck the other week.

Would rather Levein left the club. Would take Robbie back TBH and not sure we need a director of football. It's been a bit directionless until now.

Change Robbie to Robbo and its a deal........Imagine what he could do with Hearts budget instead of ICT..

5 hours ago, gastropod said:

Change Robbie to Robbo and its a deal........Imagine what he could do with Hearts budget instead of ICT..

Last time someone in Edinburgh said 'Imagine what he could do with our budget instead of ICT', Hibs hired Terry Butcher. Just sayin'.

On the other hand, if you guys are serious about these 'Levein oot' murmurs, and you aren't allergic to fast-paced, free-flowing warrior poetry, and you're able to lay off the manager assaults and coin throwing and demands for lynching for a couple of years, I hear that Neil Lennon is available and did fairly well when he got his hands on an Edinburgh team's budget. Also it would send heids gloriously exploding all over the central belt. You know you'd want to see THAT. I definitely do.

#Jambos4Lenny

Archived