Forfar vs Stenny

Guest bernardblack

Guest bernardblack

Breaking my superstition of starting a thread (we usually lose when I do) as I couldn’t see one.

Excellent opportunity to get back on track after last weekend.

Who comes in for Reilly?

Breaking my superstition of starting a thread (we usually lose when I do) as I couldn’t see one.

Excellent opportunity to get back on track after last weekend.

Who comes in for Reilly?

Spencer in for Reilly for me!

Bain in for Moore possibly?

Think we need to definitely get back on the winning trail, especially with East Fife coming up against us next Saturday.

Need a reaction from last weekend.

Guest bernardblack

Spencer in for Reilly for me!

Bain in for Moore possibly?

Think we need to definitely get back on the winning trail, especially with East Fife coming up against us next Saturday.

Need a reaction from last weekend.

I’d like to see Bain in for Moore also.

I'd expect a return to winning ways. I think our defence is in great shape (OK, we let two in last week) and not sure Stenny have the strikers to get behind and create too many chances.

Agree with Spencer and Bain starting. Mentioned it before but I think Bain should relish a more open role.

Yeah good to get the win after last week. First half was a bit of a non event, some good wing work not leading to much. Came out strong second half with good goals ( love Hilson assist for Baird goal, that’s far better than Baird setting Dale up!). McCallum then had some good saves and we saw things out. Good three points before a big game next week in terms of play-offs.

Thought Stenny looked decent at times (mostly when McGuigan has the ball) but it’s hard not seeing them finishing in bottom two.

I thought we were worthy of a draw to be honest. Plain to see Forfar are a better side than us, particularly in central midfield and in Baird probably have the best striker in the league, but the Forfar keeper has had a few great saves in the second half when we eventually started playing.

28 minutes ago, Neilly said:

I thought we were worthy of a draw to be honest. Plain to see Forfar are a better side than us, particularly in central midfield and in Baird probably have the best striker in the league, but the Forfar keeper has had a few great saves in the second half when we eventually started playing.

You seen Dom Thomas lately

Spoiler

:whistle

That was a fine team performance yesterday and well done Stenny for not giving up and forcing JW to make late subs. Some really good build-up work and excellent chances created, spoiled by some snatched shots. 

Good to see strong performances from pretty much everybody. I thought Darren Whyte was outstanding and I don't think there's a better goalie in League 1 than McCallum.

Next week should be a cracker. Hope Drum Major and the choir are ready!

1 hour ago, Car54wherareyou said:

You seen Dom Thomas lately

Hide contents

:whistle

I don't get it. Was that a funny one?

56 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

You’d be spewing at the defending for that second if you were a Stenny fan

Certainly. Jerseys sold by Munro pretty shambolic stuff. In fairness to him that's the first thing he's done wrong since coming here.

5 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

That was a fine team performance yesterday and well done Stenny for not giving up and forcing JW to make late subs. Some really good build-up work and excellent chances created, spoiled by some snatched shots. 

Good to see strong performances from pretty much everybody. I thought Darren Whyte was outstanding and I don't think there's a better goalie in League 1 than McCallum.

Whyte was caught sleeping for the goal...shaky 2 weeks, hopefully him and Trav (who i thought was MOTM) will keep a free scoring Fife team at bay.

6 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

There is not.

Is he looking to go back full-time, or is he quite settled in part-time football? I'd imagine he'd stroll into a few Championship teams if he fancied it.

10 minutes ago, Ross Forbes said:

There is not.

Is he looking to go back full-time, or is he quite settled in part-time football? I'd imagine he'd stroll into a few Championship teams if he fancied it.

I believe he's settled at the moment. Have heard he's on a good package and the Chairman has given him a job with his firm. Totally agree, though, he'd be an asset for any Championship team. Bit selfish but hope he doesn't fancy a move.

There is not.
He's got a young child and his Mrs is local I believe so quite happy. There was a rumour that St Johnstone (I think) made enquiries last year but he'd most likely get a full time gig as a backup so it makes sense to stay part time on a decent wage

Archived