Alesha MacPhail case

ICTChris

48 minutes ago, GordonS said:

They can only reduce it if the accused pleads guilty before trial. Had he done so he'd likely have got a third off, and got a minimum of 18 years. In practice judges and Sheriffs often crank up what they say they would have given, so the sentence handed down to someone pleading guilty is actually more that two-thirds of what they would have got. 

The judge said he wasn't going add anything for not pleading guilty and trying to incriminate someone else, probably because the crime was so horrendous that part would be irrelevant to the sentencing. 

There's probably a decent chance he won't see  his 18th birthday
High possibility , although he will probably be in with the vast majority of other nonces. Prison yard justice would be adequate for the little scrote though.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

There's no maximum sentence for murder. When his 27 years are up, if he's assessed as a danger he'll be going nowhere.

Worth noting that he got the same minimum as Megrahi, the biggest convicted mass murderer in British history.

Who we let go on compassionate grounds! Unbelievable decision.

Anyway, hope this wee rat gets what's coming to him.

20 minutes ago, Rugster said:

There's probably a decent chance he won't see  his 18th birthday

As good as that would be, how realistic actually is it? How many prisoners actually get their comeuppance behind bars? I can't think of any off the top of my head that have been killed. 

How he can even be considered for parole is beyond me. Got slated because i said he deserved death and i stand by that.

I am against the death penalty but in this case I would make an exception.

5 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

As good as that would be, how realistic actually is it? How many prisoners actually get their comeuppance behind bars? I can't think of any off the top of my head that have been killed. 

A fair few have topped themselves though

10 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

http://www.scotland-judiciary.org.uk/8/2163/HMA-v-Aaron-Campbell

reading the sentencing remarks, I'd be amazed if he was ever released.  Disgusting.

Just heard an extract of the judges remarks on the radio. The fact the boy hasn’t been diagnosed as suffering any kind of mentalness makes it even worse.

That poor wee girls family....how do they even begin to get their heads round it all. 

How he can even be considered for parole is beyond me. Got slated because i said he deserved death and i stand by that.
The death penalty? [emoji23]

Grow up for f**k sake. I suppose you'd like 5 minutes alone with him too?

10 years, aye?
Will you now accept you know nothing about criminal sentencing, and not presume that it must be soft because... I don't understand why, but it's a myth people seem to believe.
I am surprised- but happy - at the severity of the sentence but it is unlikely I will ever accept or agree with anything you say. Mainly because you are a slavering buffoon