Alesha MacPhail case

ICTChris

29 minutes ago, rhliston said:

Doubt very much they will lock him up for life and throw away the key, 15-20 years he will be out under a new identity. 

There's a big difference between 10 year olds and 16 year olds in terms of criminal responsibility. I think he'll get hammered, especially after trying to blame someone else for it.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

Absolutely amazing that he was claiming he'd been framed by the mother, asserting that she had sex with him, kept the condom and then planted his DNA on the wean.  

News says his phone had googled things like "how do the police find DNA".   That was the best he and his lawyer could invent.

That special defence was just smoke which the jury didn't get thrown by.

27 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Desperately sad case.

The fact that Alesha was such a beautiful child, so photogenic, somehow makes it even more upsetting.

It doesn't.  Fat 6 yo munters getting raped and murdered is just as upsetting.  They are weans however they look and deserve our protection.

Would I name and shame the 16 yo?  I can't make up my mind on this.  He's old enough to be criminally responsible, for sure. 

What I would do is castigate both sets of parents.  If you sell drugs to a 16 yo then you are utter scum.  If you have a 16 yo who rapes and murders a wee lassie then you are also scum.

There's a massive breakdown in parenting in the UK and the buck has to stop with those of us who breed.

There was a post getting shared over facebook by a young lad standing beside him on the guy who did its facebook display picture.  I think a lot of folk who were obviously sharing the guy's picture mistook it for him as he was the one standing more central - all of a sudden you've got an innocent 16 year old lad getting his picture wrongly plastered everywhere in  a rape and murder trial by absolute brain donors calling for hanging. Brutal.

I'm a lefty and all for rehabilaton but I can't see how someone like that is ever not going to be a threat to society. In (rare) cases like this I do think that life should be life.

Absolutely disgusting crime, truly vile. What a horrific shame that any human life can be taken like this, let alone a young child's.

Normally I am pretty liberal but in this case, life should mean life and the perpetrator should rot in prison until his death.

Personally, I think he should be named as the name will soon be public knowledge through rumour.

4 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do any of the folk saying he should be named want to know his name and if so why?

I'm happy enough they have caught and prosecuted him. Not the slightest interest in anything else.

Yep. I've seen the 16-year-olds name being mentioned on twitter and that means f**k all in the whole scale of things.

This story is shocking, having a wee girl myself if anyone ever touched a hair on her head let alone done something as henious as this, then I would 100% be out for revenge.
What does strike me about cases such as this is the fairness of the trials. The case has been plastered on every national newspaper, news site and social media for weeks. I know the dury aren't supposed to read it but that's impossible! Did the boy get a fair trial? Probably not. Although if you commit such a crime, are you entitled to a fair trial as in my opinion he should never get out, kid or no kid.
Got to agree with Kincardine above. The Parenting needs to be looked, unfortunately due to the number of reprobates breeding in the world this is unlikely to be the last heart breaking case we hear about.

5 hours ago, invergowrie arab said:

Do any of the folk saying he should be named want to know his name and if so why?

I'm happy enough they have caught and prosecuted him. Not the slightest interest in anything else.

I'm not interested in his name in the slightest but like I said earlier, I'm all for naming him as it will help his fellow inmates know what he is in for. 

On the flip side, what would be the purpose in not releasing his name? Protecting him?

1 hour ago, pleslie99 said:

Did the boy get a fair trial? Probably not. Although if you commit such a crime, are you entitled to a fair trial as in my opinion he should 

You need a fair trial to ensure he actually fucking did it :lol:

On balance i'd release his name as:

a) It will allow Facebook's army of warriors to get various fantasy death scenarios for him off their chests

and b) It will hopefully stop some fucking dolt sharing the wrong boy's photo and someone innocent having their life ruined by social media cretins. 

I think it’s a given he’ll be named today.

Odious crime and I feel so sorry for the family of the victim.

I presume his family have moved away from the area? Can’t imagine you’d be able to stay after what your son has done.

I wasn't even looking for anything to do with the boy and his name.and picture popped up on twitter.

As someone has already said, why are people desperate to know this person's name?

He's a c**t, he's in prison, hopefully he gets leathered every day he's there.

54 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

You need a fair trial to ensure he actually fucking did it :lol:

On balance i'd release his name as:

a) It will allow Facebook's army of warriors to get various fantasy death scenarios for him off their chests

and b) It will hopefully stop some fucking dolt sharing the wrong boy's photo and someone innocent having their life ruined by social media cretins. 

I think your reasoning for b is exactly why they will rule to name him.