Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

4 hours ago, bennett said:

Looks like Arfy probably won't make this one, a big loss as he's the creative one in midfield. Probably a straight swap with Davis if he doesn't make it.

You're probably right but I'd rather have McCrorie.   Davis was off the pace (again) on Wed.

4 hours ago, bairney said:

Arfy? It reads like you know him or have even seen him play in person. Arf indeed.

Someone calling himself 'bairney' taking umbrage at 'Arfy'?  Bairn indeed ;)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, resk said:
On 25/02/2019 at 14:08, Flybhoy said:
Being a regular at Celtic away matches, Pittodrie is one of the grounds, along with Tynecastle and Easter Road where there is at least one ticket checkpoint before the approaches to the turnstiles, you also get frisked/patted down for things like alcohol and flares although folk still find a way to get the latter in, as do I with my hip flask that goes to every game with me.

I really hope you give the hip flask a good rinse after you extract it from its "hiding place".

My inside jacket pocket is relatively clean mate, I dont tend to shove my hip flask inside bodily orifices but whatever floats your boat is your choice.

2 hours ago, resk said:
On 2/25/2019 at 14:08, Flybhoy said:
Being a regular at Celtic away matches, Pittodrie is one of the grounds, along with Tynecastle and Easter Road where there is at least one ticket checkpoint before the approaches to the turnstiles, you also get frisked/patted down for things like alcohol and flares although folk still find a way to get the latter in, as do I with my hip flask that goes to every game with me.

I really hope you give the hip flask a good rinse after you extract it from its "hiding place".

Thanks for putting that image in my head, just what I wanted.

Hopefully Arfield doesn't make it. Good player. Probably their first player after Morelos I'd pick to be out, maybe Kent. 

If Lowe is out, a back four of Ball/Devlin/McKenna/Considine doesn't exactly fill me with optimism. They got far too much space between our defence and midfield in the 4-2 game, so wouldn't be surprised to see another body in there with Shinnie and Ferguson - unfortunately, the only realistic candidate is Gleeson, and there is a risk of the game passing him by. 

To be honest, looking at the players we have available, I'm thinking that our best chance is probably to sit tight and nick it late on from a set-piece. Given how many goals we've been leaking at Pittodrie lately, though, maybe not best to rely too much on the defence, especially with both first-choice full-backs out and our centre-backs not always looking too clever in recent weeks. 

Hard to have any confidence in this one at all. I'm kinda glad I'm down in guffland and won't see any of it. I've also been a b*****d jinx this season, so maybe that's a good thing 

Here's how this will pan out.

Derek won't bother having a go and will try to do Sevco on the break. Aberdeen will have zero shots on target in the first half.

Sevco will score then the panic will set in resulting in the sheep pushing forward and conceding another 1 or 2 goals.

Nap.

Here's how this will pan out.

Derek won't bother having a go and will try to do Sevco on the break. Aberdeen will have zero shots on target in the first half.

Sevco will score then the panic will set in resulting in the sheep pushing forward and conceding another 1 or 2 goals.

Nap.

Lazy lazy effort, didn’t use the word “bottle” once.

Archived