Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

Songs about the Ibrox disaster do exist.  I have never ever heard them inside a stadium.
I have heard them in pubs etc at big games when the morons attach themselves.  I heard a few in Madrid most noteably.  It's very, very rare though.

I don’t doubt it, I could probably write a snappy ditty about it myself if I was that way inclined.

I find the one about wanting to know when Ryan Jack’s going to die pretty crass, although I do enjoy barking JU!-DAS! in the middle of it.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT SINGING SONGS, BACK TO THE DANDY DONS

IMG_1507.jpg

There’s a touch of the renaissance paintings in this one. Biblical.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

There was certainly singing about him being Orange. I don’t really see this as sectarian considering half the crowd are decked head to toe in orange. It’s not really an offensive word. Certainly not to the same extent as f****n which also fits the same tune. I’d never sing that.

I’ve no idea what this stairwell song is, couldn’t hum it, couldn’t tell you any of the words. Wouldn’t want to.

That's poor from us then and dragging our support down to their scummy level. Not great to hear and I'd guarantee that a judge would disagree with you saying it's not offensive. Especially when followed by b*****d.

I really loved that last night, I thought with the amount of injuries we had this will be such a tough game for us to handle. Getting the early goal helped but after that it was like watching us on Saturday with Rangers really doing nothing of note upfront. To go to Celtic /Rangers which both teams created very little really shows how really good McKenna is although a special mention to Considine who in the last lot of games have been magnificent.  Should also mention how good Ball is again - he's not even a right-back but putting in great performances. 

This Aberdeen team isn't as talented as the squad we had two years ago but that have a lot more bottle.

Buzzing today although a wee bit hungover - Stand Free

58 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

There was certainly singing about him being Orange. I don’t really see this as sectarian considering half the crowd are decked head to toe in orange. It’s not really an offensive word. Certainly not to the same extent as f****n which also fits the same tune. I’d never sing that.

I’ve no idea what this stairwell song is, couldn’t hum it, couldn’t tell you any of the words. Wouldn’t want to.

Why would you call Steven Gerrard an "Orange b*****d", given that he's almost certainly not a member of the Orange Order? I very much doubt that he believes in anything they stand for.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why would you call Steven Gerrard an "Orange b*****d", given that he's almost certainly not a member of the Orange Order? I very much doubt that he believes in anything they stand for.

He might be a memeber for all you know. Arn't the Orange order "open to all"?

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm pretty sure (not that this should really matter at all in this day and age) that he had a Catholic upbringing while growing up in Liverpool.

Just now, Romeo said:

He might be a memeber for all you know. Arn't the Orange order "open to all"?

Only a minuscule fraction of the population of Scotland are members of the Orange Order, and therefore it is very weird to assume that a person who has never mentioned any previous association with them would be a member. It would be like assuming that Derek McInnes is a member of the Scottish Ornithologists' Club despite having never expressed an interest in birdwatching at any point.

38 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

That's poor from us then and dragging our support down to their scummy level. Not great to hear and I'd guarantee that a judge would disagree with you saying it's not offensive. Especially when followed by b*****d.

Agree that it is poor from us (although I've sung worse in the past). Probably not that offensive but certainly sectarian. 

In the grand scheme of things, an insignificant detail. 

The big picture is we are still in the cup when we didn't expect to be,  and did it with a bit of swagger. I am still smiling. 

6 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

I'm pretty sure (not that this should really matter at all in this day and age) that he had a Catholic upbringing while growing up in Liverpool.

I'm pretty sure the Belfast telegraph wrote an article to say he wasn't Catholic but he did go to a Catholic school for football reasons.. again not that it should matter in this day and age but I'm sure some of their fans needed to know..sad really

"Rangers" "fans" must be the least loyal football supporters in existence. They walk away the moment things start to go against them.

Of course, that's the entire reason they "support" "Rangers" in the first place.

2 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Only a minuscule fraction of the population of Scotland are members of the Orange Order, and therefore it is very weird to assume that a person who has never mentioned any previous association with them would be a member. It would be like assuming that Derek McInnes is a member of the Scottish Ornithologists' Club despite having never expressed an interest in birdwatching at any point.

Dont think that Aberdeen FC and the associated fanbase have historic links to the Scottish Ornithologists Club and all the hatred that they stand for tbh.

Archived