Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never saw the game but just watched the highlights.

From them it appears that McInnes knew it was easy to rattle Sevco, certain players especially, and it seemed to work perfectly. This Sevco team are full of seething indignant scum in whom Gerrard has apparently tried to instil some sort of pathetic and cliched siege mentality. It's had the opposite effect of the assumed intent in that they are all such petulant babies with shockingly poor discipline who give away lots of silly fouls and possession as well as not sticking as rigidly to their roles and positions.

Morelos should have been booked more than once. Goldson should have seen red at the end. McGinn was lucky though as he should have had a second yellow for that one with McGregor, despite not making contact. McGregor incidentally is one of those easily wound up and when he's in tears it seems to filter through the Sevco team. He gets away with so much though that it must be a bit of shock when he gets pulled up by the ref. As someone mentioned earlier he isn't going to forget his ban from the Pittodrie game and will be bringing it up at every opportunity. What a p***k.

Anyway, get it up him and Sevco. Scum.

Never thought I would say this:

Andrew Considine. Some outstanding performances this season.

Dominic Fucking Ball. Get the man signed up at the end of the season. What a star he has been since St J game in Perth.

The [emoji873] in this team brings a tear.....

If Steven Gerrard wasn't Steven Gerrard he'd get punted after that. 
For all the talk about how Rangers have improved they're still miles behind Celtic in the league and have bottled all their cup games.
Bottled against so called perennial bottlers?
Nah, they just aren't good enough

Morelos is an embarassment, throws himself to the ground any time someone touches him, the one with Considine was the worst, run into his arm then fall like he'd been shot. McGregor also had a cheek, McGinn just tries block the clearance, which is why his foot is up, doesn't connect with the foot at all and McGregor is going mental, which is ridicuolus considering he does much worse about 10 times a season.

Just in from Ibrox. I had to buy a ticket from Rangers to get to see the match, and that made it all the sweeter. I had to obviously keep utterly schtum throughout, but it was great seeing their fans in action from close up. We scored our second with half an hour to go, but the moment it went in, at least half a dozen around me left. They were streaming out with 10 minutes to go. Great seeing the guys really enjoying themselves in the corner at the other end. What a result! And it was magnificent how we managed to get eight separate players booked only once.  One of my best days out at Ibrox.

Just watched the highlights. The Rangers should have had 2 penalties. 

It's just not fair that  decisions tend to go against the diddy teams .

(Jags should have got one as well and not had one given against. Helps prove my point.)

Watched the full match replay on RedTV International. Lovely stuff. 

If you don't rate McKenna, football isn't for you - he is an absolute rock and the best centre-back in the country. Considine got the better of Morelos time and again, as he did at Pittodrie, and was oozing experience and composure throughout both games. Ferguson was characteristically fearless, popping up all over the place and doing a bit of everything to help us over the line. Ball was once again near faultless in an unfamiliar position. McGinn would probably have missed out if Stewart had been fit enough to start, so that was a blessing in disguise as Stewart doesn't offer much and McGinn again pops up with an important moment. To be honest, I was unsure about Campbell starting this game, as good as he was against Celtic; I feared the atmosphere and physicality might be too much for such a young and inexperienced player. Sure, there is some inevitable naivety to his game and a physical inequality with some senior players, things that will diminish with time, but he did a fine job on Arfield and didn't let the gravity of the occasion get to him at all. I could say something good about every Aberdeen player tonight, though, as they all contributed something positive to the performance and result. 

Clancy didn't handle the game well at all; he fell hook, line and sinker for Rangers' cheating time and again. It wasn't a particularly dirty game, and I'd probably say only about half of our eight yellow cards were merited. McGinn's one was a total joke; I was genuinely cringing for McGregor - the bloke is thirty-seven years old. McKenna's was also a laugh, and could easily have resulted in Morelos being sent off - if not then, then he should have walked for his utterly embarrassing attempt to get Considine sent off late on. I'm not sure if Morelos' head is big enough to accommodate both McKenna and Considine rent-free, so maybe they'll have to take alternate weeks or something. 

Only big negative from an Aberdeen perspective tonight is Shinnie being suspended for the semi-final. That’s a massive blow. He is especially important in games against Celtic and Rangers, and we will badly miss his leadership and combativeness.

Archived