Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Oh just the usual, Bro G.  Laughing at Thistle's strip on the match thread and laughing at neanderthals such as Fat Daz trying to defend The H Bomb.

How's yourself, anyway?   Not heard from you for a while.

Still hanging in there and watching Junior football in grounds that saw better days in the 1950s.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Especially as both teams use that terms for themselves.

As an aside, one of my best mates wears a tshirt with "Unrepentant F##### B######" on it.
He's Irish, he loves it

My friend whose parents are Pakistani sometimes uses a word beginning with P to describe herself. My friend whose parents are Chinese sometimes uses a word beginning with C to describe himself. If someone of another race calls those people the words in question they would construe it as racist and at the very least be annoyed. There are numerous words which were originally not bigoted which have gradually become bigoted through their use. Language is a funny thing.

I personally don’t think the h-word is bigoted and I tend to agree that h-words are just annoyed they can’t use some of their favourite terms. They fairly recently went through a phase of claiming they originally called us h-words and trying to restart it. On the other hand, I am aware from experience that Norn Irish people do tend to view it as a more sectarian term than Scottish people generally do.

2 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Still hanging in there and watching Junior football in grounds that saw better days in the 1950s.

I'll be in Hamilton at the end of April.  Shall we go for a pint and watch a 'Junior' match?

If there were an equivalent term to h-word I’d say it would have to be Henman’s first name. The main differences would be that Henman’s name is more obviously based on ethnic and religious background but viewed as less offensive by those described because the h-words have so many more words for us.

If there were an equivalent to f... b... it would probably be DOB.

20 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I'll be in Hamilton at the end of April.  Shall we go for a pint and watch a 'Junior' match?

Come into the big city and i’ll get you a few free haufs and see a Junior match at JMP.  Will keep an eye on the fixtures nearer the time.

2 hours ago, scoobles said:

You said everywhere and I responded to that.
I've got to say your views are very nuanced when called upon.

Why bring Sam into it?
I have zip interest in a players religion and find it strange that you do.

As you are obviously not getting it, I’ll stop now. (By the way, I have no idea nor interest in what religion Sam is, I was using him as an example. I could have as easily said Peter Pawlett, Fraser Fyvie, Jack Hastie, John Souttar, Ryan Gauld, etc, etc)

I thought that Celtic fans and Rangers fans used to call each other **** and until, presumably, the blue half decided to explore new lexical territory.

Aye, I grew up catholic, and was a practising catholic for about 20 years and was an active member of the community, not just in my parish but throughout Lanarkshire. Nobody ever referred to protestants as ****. It just wouldn't have made sense. Rangers and their supporters, however, were seldom referred to as anything else.

So aye, it's not a pleasant description (though, tbf, ripping up seats is pretty barbaric), but to say it's sectarian is just reaching.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

I thought that Celtic fans and Rangers fans used to call each other **** and until, presumably, the blue half decided to explore new lexical territory.

Certainly was the case when i started watching football 50 years ago.

Growing up and visiting relations in Northern Ireland, the term H*** was often used in reference to the those in the South who had offered their tacit support to German Forces in World War II?

The insult was returned in spades in reference to the German line of the Royal Family who were held in such reverence by most back then from a Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist background.

It doesn’t particularly bother me but it clearly has its intentions when it comes to the OF, akin to T***, F***** or O***** b*stard, there’s no doubt about that, irrespective of how and why other fans use it as derogatory term for Rangers supporters.

2 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Growing up and visiting relations in Northern Ireland, the term H*** was often used in reference to the those in the South who had offered their tacit support to German Forces in World War II?

The insult was returned in spades in reference to the German line of the Royal Family who were held in such reverence by most back then from a Protestant/Unionist/Loyalist background.

It doesn’t particularly bother me but it clearly has its intentions when it comes to the OF, akin to T***, F***** or O***** b*stard, there’s no doubt about that, irrespective of how and why other fans use it as derogatory term for Rangers supporters.

....like the term sheepshaggers is used for Aberdeen fans (as a previous poster pointed out). Case closed.

1 hour ago, velo army said:

....like the term sheepshaggers is used for Aberdeen fans (as a previous poster pointed out). Case closed.

We need to turn round our poor 'sheep density' from a few years back in the north-east to reclaim this rightful title.

sheepmap.PNG

Aberdeen only requesting the 850 tickets in the corner for the replay when they could've got up to 5000. :lol:

What an absolute minter of a Loving Cup-drinking, lickspittle board they have.

Good thing they're not being put in charge of anything defining for Aberdeen Football Club like, I don't know, a stadium move.

Spoiler

Sheep.thumb.png.4cf7d314aa5672934165fed471957ce0.png

Aberdeen only requesting the 850 tickets in the corner for the replay when they could've got up to 5000. :lol:
What an absolute minter of a Loving Cup-drinking, lickspittle board they have.
Good thing they're not being put in charge of anything defining for Aberdeen Football Club like, I don't know, a stadium move.
Spoiler Sheep.thumb.png.4cf7d314aa5672934165fed471957ce0.png

Someone’s bored of hibs season

To be fair I don’t think the Club have grounds to ask for anymore.

To only give Sevco their normal allocation and Pittodrie, surely makes sense to do the same here.

Rather than yet another petty argument dragged through the press.

And for what ? Can’t see anyone rushing to buy tickets in the lower tier to be showered with all sorts.

2.5K would be all we would take anyway.

3 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

To be fair I don’t think the Club have grounds to ask for anymore.

To only give Sevco their normal allocation and Pittodrie, surely makes sense to do the same here.

Rather than yet another petty argument dragged through the press.

And for what ? Can’t see anyone rushing to buy tickets in the lower tier to be showered with all sorts.

2.5K would be all we would take anyway.

Don't agree on the grounds their "normal allocation" is 10% of our ground and ours is 2% of theirs.

With the match not televised, surely demand will be similar to the 1,700 or so that went to Rugby Park for the midweek QF replay last season - if not a bit more

Archived