Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statement: Bridgeton Loyal Rangers Supporters Club

In light of Aberdeen' decision to only allocate 10% of the tickets to Rangers Supporters for the forthcoming cup tie, and with Rangers seemingly accepting the situation without a fight. We have come to the conclusion that for RSCs concerns about how we are treated, to be recognised and acknowledged it is now time for direct action.

We are calling on fellow RSCs to run buses to Aberdeen regardless of ticket allocation. We will inform both Rangers, Aberdeen and the Police that we expect over 4000 supporters to attend the match. Both the clubs and police will suddenly take notice of the thought of 2000 bears running around Aberdeen without tickets.

Make no mistake Aberdeen are manipulating the safety certificate clause to keep us out, the. SFA are ignoring their own rules and won't change the venue and Rangers won't do anything. So it's down to us, direct action is the only way we will get them to acknowledge us.

If we get the numbers to attend I'm sure they would think twice about cutting our rightful allocation should we draw them in any of the cup competitions next season.

This is not the first time this has happened, we've seen Motherwell and Hibs play us with empty stands while Rangers supporters were left outside. If we do nothing this will continue.
Let's not wait for Rangers FC to fight our corner, let's show where the real strength of our club lies, with the supporters

19 hours ago, Merkland Red said:

15 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

In light of Aberdeen' decision to only allocate 10% of the tickets to Rangers Supporters for the forthcoming cup tie, and with Rangers seemingly accepting the situation without a fight. We have come to the conclusion that for RSCs concerns about how we are treated, to be recognised and acknowledged it is now time for direct action.

We are calling on fellow RSCs to run buses to Aberdeen regardless of ticket allocation. We will inform both Rangers, Aberdeen and the Police that we expect over 4000 supporters to attend the match. Both the clubs and police will suddenly take notice of the thought of 2000 bears running around Aberdeen without tickets.

Make no mistake Aberdeen are manipulating the safety certificate clause to keep us out, the. SFA are ignoring their own rules and won't change the venue and Rangers won't do anything. So it's down to us, direct action is the only way we will get them to acknowledge us.

If we get the numbers to attend I'm sure they would think twice about cutting our rightful allocation should we draw them in any of the cup competitions next season.

This is not the first time this has happened, we've seen Motherwell and Hibs play us with empty stands while Rangers supporters were left outside. If we do nothing this will continue.
Let's not wait for Rangers FC to fight our corner, let's show where the real strength of our club lies, with the supporters

Their ignorance is astounding . 

Dear Bridgeton Loyal,

No one wants you .  What part of that do you not understand ? 

Yours Sincerely 

The rest of Scottish Football. 

15 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Would the police not stop the buses/wait for them to arrive and then ask for fans to produce their tickets?

No ticket, back on the bus, away you go.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Referees all over Scotland....knowing that there isn't one of them good or big enough to handle this game....will be checking their e-mail inbox this week with trepidation, dreading notification from the SFA that they've been appointed to the funfest next Sunday.

This would have been the ideal opportunity to bring in a foreign referee. But that wouldn't be fair to Rangers, would it ?

If we can actually get someone with the guts to award penalties and red cards when they should be awarded, I can see Aberdeen strolling this game.

On 23/02/2019 at 11:24, Jacksgranda said:

Would the police not stop the buses/wait for them to arrive and then ask for fans to produce their tickets?

The meltdown and inevitable tears and snotters would be a thing of beauty. Here's hoping... 

On 23/02/2019 at 11:24, Jacksgranda said:

Being a regular at Celtic away matches, Pittodrie is one of the grounds, along with Tynecastle and Easter Road where there is at least one ticket checkpoint before the approaches to the turnstiles, you also get frisked/patted down for things like alcohol and flares although folk still find a way to get the latter in, as do I with my hip flask that goes to every game with me.

17 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Being a regular at Celtic away matches, Pittodrie is one of the grounds, along with Tynecastle and Easter Road where there is at least one ticket checkpoint before the approaches to the turnstiles, you also get frisked/patted down for things like alcohol and flares although folk still find a way to get the latter in, as do I with my hip flask that goes to every game with me.

Reported.

2 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Like a bevvy before and after a game, but seriously can't get those that can't go ninety minutes of a football match with having alcohol.

On 20/02/2019 at 22:39, alta-pete said:

Us v Sellik SF. Nap.

Aberdeen and Celtic have been met in cup ties 7 times since 2002. Of those, 5 were at neutral venues as they were semis or finals. Aberdeen won both of the other two, winning at Parkhead both times, one of them after a replay. Celtic haven't beaten Aberdeen in a cup tie at Parkhead since March 1984.

I just thought that was interesting.

Archived