Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m wondering what makes this incident, in a season full of sectarian singing EVERY single week, so special that, I think, it is the first case of Police Scotland investigating sectarian singing? If it wasn’t so serious it would be laughable. 

It's all an elaborate ruse to ruin the poor, downtrodden Berrz' fun... obviously.

5c8ae59158b26_Screenshot_2019-03-14PoliceInvestigatingAberdeenFansChants.thumb.png.7b3aa86a7a1e91f9acc096455dad1998.png

Of course they could prevent all of this by not singing the particular song... But we all know they can't help themselves, the f*cking eedjits.

It's all an elaborate ruse to ruin the poor, downtrodden Berrz' fun... obviously.
5c8ae59158b26_Screenshot_2019-03-14PoliceInvestigatingAberdeenFansChants.thumb.png.7b3aa86a7a1e91f9acc096455dad1998.png
Of course they could prevent all of this by not singing the particular song... But we all know they can't help themselves, the f*cking eedjits.

The song won’t be sung if Killie pump them silly.

7 hours ago, 10menwent2mow said:

Police Scotland going to arrest every Aberdeen fan that was there? A police Scotland investigation sets a very dangerous precedent, I'm guessing an angry *** has phoned police Scotland to complain because his team got pumped, which police Scotland will be duty bound to follow up on. All that needs done is for fans of every other club to call police Scotland to complain after EVERY rangers and celtic game and then report it to the media.

Your premise, that "angry ***" and police Scotland are separate entities, is flawed. 

Is it not just the case that they’ve had a few complaints from angry fans, much like the ones who called the police when Neil Lennon cupped his ears.

Anyway, thread ruined. Good work to the people who have managed to take attention away from the Derek McInnes juggernauts achievements.

I suppose we should be pleased that the Rangers fans are so pissed off with us that they are stooping  to this level of angst.

Aberdeen’s record against Rangers season 2018/19 so far.

Played - 6

Won - 3

Drawn - 2

Lost - 1.

Number Of Cup Finals, so far - 1

Number Of Cup Finals for Rangers this season, with no possibility of any more - 0.

I would imagine that the vast majority of Aberdeen fans are not Catholics. I would imagine that, of those that do identify with a religion, the vast majority would be protestants. Of those that don't, I would imagine that the vast majority come from families where they identified as protestants at some time in the past.

I would also imagine that Steven Gerrard is not actually religious and neither are the vast majority of Sevco fans.

Therefore, the abuse directed towards Gerrard was clearly not sectarian.

The Orange Order on the other hand, quite clearly IS a sectarian organisation. And its an organisation that Sevco and their supporters quite clearly like to associate themselves and their club with, even though the vast majority of them are not actually religious. Sevco is a club whose business model is based on exploiting this sectarianism. Steven Gerrard is paid handsomely by Sevco from the proceeds of this exploitation.

The song sung by Aberdeen was therefore justified and ANTI-sectarian IMO.

I suppose we should be pleased that the Rangers fans are so pissed off with us that they are stooping  to this level of angst.
Aberdeen’s record against Rangers season 2018/19 so far.
Played - 6
Won - 3
Drawn - 2
Lost - 1.
Number Of Cup Finals, so far - 1
Number Of Cup Finals for Rangers this season, with no possibility of any more - 0.

We probably won’t finish above them this season, but it warms the cockles to know that whatever happens, we’ve absolutely destroyed any hopes they had.

Beautiful.

11 hours ago, AberDon said:

Do you believe that there is a significant number of Aberdeen fans that are bigoted towards protestants?

Based on the singing the other night, it would appear so.

9 hours ago, AngusTheBull said:

Just going to assume McGregor won’t get cited for his blatant dive which got McGinn booked

You can only be cited for a dive if it leads to a red card, a penalty or a free-kick from which a goal is scored. A ridiculous rule, but that's the rule.

36 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You can only be cited for a dive if it leads to a red card, a penalty or a free-kick from which a goal is scored. A ridiculous rule, but that's the rule.

Wrong.

We're bigoted towards Rangers and all that they stand for though.

Steve Clarke got abused because some idiots took the time to find out what sort of family he was raised in, as the Kilmarnock manager.

Steve Gerrard was called an *********** as part of a song celebrating a victory. He is the figurehead of a club and set of fans that will never fail to remind you of their links and affection to the orange order, the UVF, the monarchy and all that lovely stuff.

There is a clear difference.

58 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I know that you typed that, and I also know that you don’t believe it. I’m also sure that you know that the same fans who were singing the daft song about Gerard on Tuesday, would quite happily sing the Stevie Clarke sing to Neil Lennon to wind up the other lot. It is to wind people up, nothing more. You can say what you want, but everyone knows that that is the reality. I just wish that they would stop it.

Archived