Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

I don't think it was a pen, it wasn't a foul.  I just don't think you can call it a blatant dive.

I can. There was absolutely nothing that would have caused him to go down like that. There was no force applied to him to make him go down like he did. He wasn't tripped.

He dived. He was instantly looking at the ref to plead for a penalty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47569033

4 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

We'll agree to disagree.  I thought he went down for no reason. That's a dive.

4 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

I can. There was absolutely nothing that would have caused him to go down like that. There was no force applied to him to make him go down like he did. He wasn't tripped.

He dived. He was instantly looking at the ref to plead for a penalty.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47569033

That's the beauty of it lads, we all see it differently.  He's a cheating c**t at the end of the day so no complaints from me.

I just think that particular incident you see 100 times in any game from most attackers.  I'm sure he does exaggerate the impact of Considine on him though.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

I've no idea why he didn't get booked for running into Considine and acting as if he'd been punched. Looking back at it, the incident, which happened right beside the linesman, had to either be a red card for Considine or a dive and therefore a yellow for Morelos. There was no middle ground. 

It does my tits in when the officials are presented with an incident where they have to come down one way or the other, yet they bottle it and do nothing for fear of upsetting arsehole fans/managers/players.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

You're like a dog with a bone as usual Willie. It doesn't personally bother me, but it bothers me that it offends other people. I will reiterate that no one should be singing these songs, and really disappointed that some of our fans have allowed themselves to be dragged down to the level of the vast majority of the Celtic and Rangers away support,  and a decent amount of their home support. 

After the game on Saturday I knew Aberdeen had a chance in this game, McLennan is a player but the big difference is at left back with Lowe, Considine never looked comfortable , Ferguson gives a good balance in the middle as well so for me Aberdeen look a better team this season.
Ball was a concern going up against Kent which made the result even better but all that gets tainted because of the fans.
This was a great result first nobody gives a shit about the rest.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

They can’t help themselves can they.

We should just give them a bye right now.

At this rate about 85% (wild, wild guess) of the games in the league where some fans have acted like arseholes now must be tainted.

Just for the well deserved further enjoyment of the Dons fans on here....

I am currently in a facebook group for a charity fundraising event I am taking part in. Its full of strangers obviously, one of whom decided a good fundraising tactic would be to raffle off his season ticket for the post split arse cheek Derby at 2 pound a go.

Not ten minutes after full time the other night the entry fee was 10 pound and the grand prize was every game on his ticket till the end of the season [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Played.

On 13/03/2019 at 08:44, Lord Snooty said:

I have had a bit of a grudge against Aberdeen since someone threw a mutton pie at me during a match at Pittodrie. However- I am now prepared to draw a line under this unsavoury incident. Well done.

I thought you said it was a mutton pie?

3 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

After the game on Saturday I knew Aberdeen had a chance in this game, McLennan is a player but the big difference is at left back with Lowe, Considine never looked comfortable , Ferguson gives a good balance in the middle as well so for me Aberdeen look a better team this season.
Ball was a concern going up against Kent which made the result even better but all that gets tainted because of the fans.
This was a great result first nobody gives a shit about the rest.

No matter how hard you try, the result is in no way tainted by anything. We played a magnificent game. You're right about Lowe, but Considine has come into his own in central defence in the last few matches. We have a great squad to play away from home which gives us a chance in the semi and to hopefully end the treble treble.  

On 13/03/2019 at 18:57, craigkillie said:

Yes, the fact that Aberdeen fans are guilty of sectarian abuse certainly acts as evidence of it being a "west central Scotland" issue.

Do you believe that there is a significant number of Aberdeen fans that are bigoted towards protestants?

34 minutes ago, kildog said:

How can calling Rangers "orange b*****ds" be sectarian? Its the colour of their kit, FFS!

PC gone mad!

I’m wondering what makes this incident, in a season full of sectarian singing EVERY single week, so special that, I think, it is the first case of Police Scotland investigating sectarian singing? If it wasn’t so serious it would be laughable. 

Sorry for keeping it with the Rangers knicker-wetting (and other fans should know better than to participate in this Olympic-level hand-wringing)  but I couldn't quite let this go. 

The idea that the Dons fans who were singing the song were doing it out of sectarian malice is laughable. In that song there are very few ways to end it without disrupting the rhythm of the song. Orange works. It's also a wind-up. And as Russel Anderson pointed out above, the Rangers have done a good job in monetising the historic links to the Orange order (their current away strip being a great example of that). 

Of course Stevie G has never been a member, and those who are debating that point are either dishonest or are utterly ignorant (I'm going with the former).

As a catholic I never felt that the ****** ever applied to me either. It's more or an irish republican thing, which Celtic fans love to celebrate in their songs (and judging by the collection bowls going round until the early noughties, in their pubs too), but that's a can of worms to be opened on another day.

Cracking result for you chaps. Best of luck in the semi.

Police Scotland going to arrest every Aberdeen fan that was there? A police Scotland investigation sets a very dangerous precedent, I'm guessing an angry *** has phoned police Scotland to complain because his team got pumped, which police Scotland will be duty bound to follow up on. All that needs done is for fans of every other club to call police Scotland to complain after EVERY rangers and celtic game and then report it to the media.

Archived