Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

5 minutes ago, nsr said:

"Rangers" "fans" must be the least loyal football supporters in existence. They walk away the moment things start to go against them.

Or just stay at home and smash the place up in a petulant, entitled rage.

5c88fafc91749_Screenshot_2019-03-12GerrardPostMatchReaction.thumb.png.6aad7eb72560a47bf894b4b26c9e29d2.png

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Dont think that Aberdeen FC and the associated fanbase have historic links to the Scottish Ornithologists Club and all the hatred that they stand for tbh.

Correct. It's weird to assume that people are associated to groups which they have no historic link to.

4 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Correct. It's weird to assume that people are associated to groups which they have no historic link to.

Steven Gerrard is the manager of Rangers* FC however.  

Are you suggesting Rangers* FC and associated fanbase have no historical links with the Orange Order?

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Steven Gerrard is the manager of Rangers* FC however.  

Are you suggesting Rangers* FC and associated fanbase have no historical links with the Orange Order?

You're doing a fantastic job of showing exactly why the song might be considered sectarian here. Gerrard has been called an "Orange b*****d", not because he is a member of the Orange Order, but rather because of his association with a particular football club which is assumed to have a particular religious and ideological leaning.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You're doing a fantastic job of showing exactly why the song might be considered sectarian here. Gerrard has been called an "Orange b*****d", not because he is a member of the Orange Order, but rather because of his association with a particular football club which is assumed to have a particular religious and ideological leaning.

Assumed?..  The blue order, the union bears, orange Jersey, parading soldiers about with sectarian flags, the loving cup, songs etc.. I could go on. I don't think any of us are in doubt what their religious and ideological leanings are..

Problem with The Peepul is they are really bad losers.  They can't stand it. All the sectarian guff is ok if they are winning but soon as they lose it's all a religious/sectarian conspiracy.. which is great because the tears and snotters are great to watch. 

Indeed, the entire Rangers-Celtic rivalry is just an excuse for weak people who have utterly failed in life to find an all-powerful evil conspiracy to use as a scapegoat for their own inadequacy.

8 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Assumed?..  The blue order, the union bears, orange Jersey, parading soldiers about with sectarian flags, the loving cup, songs etc.. I could go on. I don't think any of us are in doubt what their religious and ideological leanings are..

To be fair to CK I think he is making the point that people from outside the Rangers, shall we say 'culture' tend to stay clear of all that Orange Order, Wearrapeepul no surrender innat drivel, with all respect I highly doubt Gerrard is immersed in all that pish, he isn't an ameoba brained imbecile who comes up here and gets right into all that shite, Andy Goram, Nacho Novo and Vladimir Weiss on the other hand.....

Why would you call Steven Gerrard an "Orange b*****d", given that he's almost certainly not a member of the Orange Order? I very much doubt that he believes in anything they stand for.

Well no but he stands for Rangers, therefore there’s an association. When you’ve got them all turning up in orange for cup finals not too long ago, and half the stands with orange hats/scarves/jackets/away tops, it’s not really too far to stretch it.

Idk never really gave it too much thought. In my book it’s nowhere near the level of offensiveness as some of the words used to describe catholics. Happy to be proven wrong. I’m pretty naive to this as I’m not from the west.

Rangers at the moment have by far and away the angriest man in Scottish football. He is never going to be at peace until he eventually succeeds in getting an Aberdeen player a red card. He was seething last night. Allan McGregor, by the way.

Rangers at the moment have the most prolific diver that Scottish football has ever seen. Morelos is in a class of his own. Even the Rangers support (some of them anyway) were telling him to get up last night at various times in the match. I would reckon that last night must have seen the most dives in a single match in Scotland by the same player. No idea why he didn’t get a red card in the second half at some point. (By some point, I mean after he actually ran away from the ball to come against Considine’s hand)

1 hour ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Deary, deary me.   And you wonder why Kilmarnock FC get a bad name. 

I'm interested in this topic because our club captain has been targeted in the same way by fans of both Celtic and Aberdeen amongst others, again despite the complete absence of evidence of him having any association with the Orange Order or their beliefs. If the song was aimed at an actual member of the Orange Order then that would be different. Inferring someone's religious (and/or political) beliefs based on which club they are involved with is sectarian.

You've shown yourself to be a busted flush on the topic and are going ad hominem because you don't have an answer to a valid question.

26 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

I'm interested in this topic because our club captain has been targeted in the same way by fans of both Celtic and Aberdeen amongst others, again despite the complete absence of evidence of him having any association with the Orange Order or their beliefs. If the song was aimed at an actual member of the Orange Order then that would be different. Inferring someone's religious (and/or political) beliefs based on which club they are involved with is sectarian.

You've shown yourself to be a busted flush on the topic and are going ad hominem because you don't have an answer to a valid question.

I’m genuinely interested in when Aberdeen fans targeted your captain with sectarian abuse. I certainly wasn’t aware of it, and would be disappointed if it has happened. Just as I’m disappointed with last night’s songs about Gerrard and the vile one about Ryan Jack.

46 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

You've shown yourself to be a busted flush on the topic and are going ad hominem because you don't have an answer to a valid questio

19 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m genuinely interested in when Aberdeen fans targeted your captain with sectarian abuse. I certainly wasn’t aware of it, and would be disappointed if it has happened. Just as I’m disappointed with last night’s songs about Gerrard and the vile one about Ryan Jack.

"Sumo" and  "you fat b*****d" are not sectarian. 

Archived