Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

You’ve changed the goal posts there kincy, not nice to see.

Have I?  I don't think so.  Glasgow is football's capital (I'm sure no one will dispute this) so, for footballing matters, non-Glasgow clubs are provincial.  

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Have I?  I don't think so.  Glasgow is football's capital (I'm sure no one will dispute this) so, for footballing matters, non-Glasgow clubs are provincial.  

You just created the concept of 'football' provinces right now.

Glasgow being Scotland's football capital is a far more arguable point than Edinburgh being an actual capital. :)

1 minute ago, Dons_1988 said:

You just created the concept of 'football' provinces right now.

Glasgow being Scotland's football capital is a far more arguable point than Edinburgh being an actual capital. :)

Absolutely not.  That clubs outside of Glasgow have been called 'provincial' goes back even longer than me (if you can believe that).  Also, how can you argue against Glasgow being Scotland's football capital?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolutely not.  That clubs outside of Glasgow have been called 'provincial' goes back even longer than me (if you can believe that).  Also, how can you argue against Glasgow being Scotland's football capital?

The less said about how the Scottish media refers to the rest of Scottish football outside of you and your best mates, the better.  The definition of provincial is clear.

The existence of a 'football capital' within a country is a lot less clear.  Should a thing exist it would probably be Glasgow, yes.

6 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

The less said about how the Scottish media refers to the rest of Scottish football outside of you and your best mates, the better.  The definition of provincial is clear.

The existence of a 'football capital' within a country is a lot less clear.  Should a thing exist it would probably be Glasgow, yes.

If you have a city which is home to a sport's governing bodies, houses the national stadium and whose teams have, about, double the fanbase of all the other clubs put together then it's clear who are the metropolitan elite and who are the provincial cousins.

Anyway, such a shame tonight's match won't be broadcast live - I'm looking forward to it.  How's your confidence level?

14 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Anyway, such a shame tonight's match won't be broadcast live - I'm looking forward to it.  How's your confidence level?

Nothing to fear but Rangers favourites with home advantage.

Confident we'll defend well (kiss of death) but the outcome will depend on our use of the ball when we get it, particularly in the final third.  If we get our noses in front I would be quietly confident.

14 minutes ago, Owsley said:

That's the high winds started. Should all matches not have been called off this morning, given the horrendous forecast for rush hour of 60-70mph winds? Could be like Gayfield on a bad day.

You say that like you can get a good day at Gayfield.

3 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Doubt it. RedTV International aren’t even showing it.

I also spotted that East Fife TV aren’t even able to broadcast their game against Stenny today which is frankly ridiculous.

Fucking dictatorship mate.. Probably been answered many times before but how come the English are allowed show championship games? Sure I saw games advertised for tonight..

23 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Going to the match tomorrow with no colours and thinking of going to the Louden Tavern before the match because of the proximity to the stadium and the reasonably priced drinks. Anyone of a non Rangers persuasion done this recently? 

Image result for gary o'connor

Fucking dictatorship mate.. Probably been answered many times before but how come the English are allowed show championship games? Sure I saw games advertised for tonight..

Pretty sure it’s because the English FA/Sky foot the bill for the fine that comes their way. I’ve not seen exactly how much it is but apparently six figures. Pennies for big teams and less than they’ll make off televising the game.

It’s fucking shite really.

13 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

Pretty sure it’s because the English FA/Sky foot the bill for the fine that comes their way. I’ve not seen exactly how much it is but apparently six figures. Pennies for big teams and less than they’ll make off televising the game.

It’s fucking shite really.

So if ya have a bit of cash you can ignore the rules, sounds familiar alright, shite is right...good luck tonight.

Archived