Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

On 3/5/2019 at 12:46, tarapoa said:

Hearing The Rat may be out for the season.     That was by far his poorest match against the club from the postcode he was brought up in on Sunday.

Dreary fucking me. What a state to get yourself in to over a player whose contract finished and then joined another club.

He's starting tonight at Easter Road...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

Aye our levels of support have been outstanding given the scraps they’ve had to feed off in our new years. Imagine what it will be like if SG actually manages to win something with us. He’s pretty well thought of as it is. Let’s hope he can bag a couple of pots with us before he takes his next step up.

Amended for scale.

Going to the match tomorrow with no colours and thinking of going to the Louden Tavern before the match because of the proximity to the stadium and the reasonably priced drinks. Anyone of a non Rangers persuasion done this recently? 

Going to the match tomorrow with no colours and thinking of going to the Louden Tavern before the match because of the proximity to the stadium and the reasonably priced drinks. Anyone of a non Rangers persuasion done this recently? 

That’ll be the statement carved on your tombstone.

Kingjoey, a cautionary tale.

22 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

45F58849-071F-4438-A4AE-93CEAB05E7A6.gif

Dreary fucking me. What a state to get yourself in to over a player whose contract finished and then joined another club.

Local captain Russell Anderson not only got the club a substantial transfer fee, but donated some of his signing-on fee with Sunderland to AFC youth development.

Jack left to a competitor in the same league for zero return for 8 years development with his home town club, who had made him captain.

I prefer the way Russell did things - even David Robertson got us a million plus FFS.

I wouldn’t expect you to understand the local angle - but that’s just the way it is with this player, as parochial as it may seem.

6 hours ago, kingjoey said:

Honestly I wouldn't give them my custom. That place is the cesspit to end all cesspits. Do yourself a favour and drink in town, head out closer to the game. 

5 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I wouldn’t expect you to understand the local angle - but that’s just the way it is with this player, as parochial as it may seem.

Parochial and provincial - the two being overlapping terms in this context.

The only near-parallel I can think of is Alfie Conn who helped us win in Barca in 1972 and joined Celtic via Spurs.  He got some gentle boos from our support but in a light-hearted and, naturally, jocular manner.  He certainly never faced anything like the opprobrium Jack has received nor the naked hatred MoJo still faces from anther parochial, though not provincial, club.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The only near-parallel I can think of is Alfie Conn who helped us win in Barca in 1972 and joined Celtic via Spurs.  He got some gentle boos from our support but in a light-hearted and, naturally, jocular manner.  He certainly never faced anything like the opprobrium Jack has received nor the naked hatred MoJo still faces from anther parochial, though not provincial, club.

Absolutely zero mention of company here, mask is slipping.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Due to the size of the club, players in their prime aren't going to leave Rangers for a direct rival. It's just not how the food chain of Scottish football works. So I don't expect you to understand why I hate Ryan Jack. Because you're not going to experience that. 

Imagine Alfredo Morelos running his contract down and moving to Celtic on a free. 

1 - it would never happen

2- if it did, you'd be raging

The fact that you don't feel anger at former players coming back to play against you isn't because you're somehow superior as a fanbase. It's just circumstance. 

4 minutes ago, RussellAnderson said:

The fact that you don't feel anger at former players coming back to play against you isn't because you're somehow superior as a fanbase. It's just circumstance. 

I got over this shit 40+ years ago when Conn joined Celtic and realised that, for most players, it's just a job and they have to do what suits their finances and their career.

That you rail against a bloke who moves from one employer to another in a fluid market certainly marks you as a fool.

I got over this shit 40+ years ago when Conn joined Celtic and realised that, for most players, it's just a job and they have to do what suits their finances and their career.
That you rail against a bloke who moves from one employer to another in a fluid market certainly marks you as a fool.

Again, it’s not something that’s happened to you since then.

Countless Dons players have been poached by Rangers or Celtic, often with scant reward. It builds up a resentment, and Jack is the perfect storm. Local loon. Captain. Brilliant player. Leaves on a free.

c**t.

Archived