Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

7 hours ago, RedRob72 said:

They’ve accepted roughly the number of tickets they would be expected to bring to Ibrox for a midweek game, I don’t see what the problem is. Kilmarnock 2000 fair enough, Aberdeen naw. They managed to muster only around 150 travelling to Paisley just a couple of seasons ago for a rearranged fixture did they not?

When was this rearranged Paisley thing?  Did you just make that up?

Easy comparison is Tue Mar 13 last year - quarter-final replay at Rugby Park.   Is that further than Ibrox?

We took 1,700 down - and it was the most home fans I'd even seen in Rugby Park for a Dons game, great atmosphere and a win on penalties, which is always fun - even if it meant being home at 2am.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
40 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Unfortunately, I might be one of our fans that miss out here, but I don’t blame Aberdeen for leaving it at the original number. The club went out of their way at the League Cup semi final to get as many tickets as they could and the fans, not me, let them down badly. There’s no way that they wanted to be made to look stupid again by asking for, say 2,500, and possibly only shifting 1,500. The fans have only themselves to blame.

Sadly agree with this 

19 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

When was this rearranged Paisley thing?  Did you just make that up?

Easy comparison is Tue Mar 13 last year - quarter-final replay at Rugby Park.   Is that further than Ibrox?

We took 1,700 down - and it was the most home fans I'd even seen in Rugby Park for a Dons game, great atmosphere and a win on penalties, which is always fun - even if it meant being home at 2am.

That was a belter. My first visit to RP and I was amazed at how much atmosphere there was. The height of Clarke-mania and it really was a bumper crowd. I almost wish Killie had gotten through there because their  team would have had a real shot at winning that cup. 

Great bounce for McLean's goal though...

We should have asked for more tickets. I don't care about how our club looks, I just want as many of us there and as few of them. 

However I'm really not massively fussed. I've been to f**k all games this season so I'm probably not deserving of a ticket, but I would love to be there. Hopefully the supporters club sort me out..!

56 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Unfortunately, I might be one of our fans that miss out here, but I don’t blame Aberdeen for leaving it at the original number. The club went out of their way at the League Cup semi final to get as many tickets as they could and the fans, not me, let them down badly. There’s no way that they wanted to be made to look stupid again by asking for, say 2,500, and possibly only shifting 1,500. The fans have only themselves to blame.

The average support that Aberdeen have taken to away games this season is 1700 but semi-final is full of part-timers that only go to the big games. 

Looks like Aberdeen did ask for more tickets but this was ruled out by Police Scotland and Rangers. 

I don’t buy that at all - the club made themselves look stupid - what did they base 20k on? We would maybe take that for a Sat 3pm non-televised semi against a non bigot brother. I recall them announcing the 4.30 Sunday as it was some massive favour, getting home late with a fkin Monday morning ahead of you.

The safety stuff is nonsense too - Kilmarnock had a couple of thousand accommodated without any problems a couple of weeks back.

Aberdeen FC can confirm we will receive an allocation of 972 tickets for our William Hill Scottish Cup replay against Rangers at Ibrox on Tuesday 12th March.

Aberdeen supporters will be located in the North West corner of the stadium.

Our allocation, arrived at following extensive discussions with Police Scotland, falls in line with what we have received for all SPFL league matches in recent seasons and adheres to the away supporters’ segregation protocol in place at Ibrox.

TICKET DETAILS

Phase 1: Tickets for this match will be available for supporters with 180+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 7pm on Wednesday 6th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets.

Phase 2: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 150+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 9.30am on Thursday 7th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

Phase 3: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 110+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 12noon on Thursday 7th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

Phase 4: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 70+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 5.30pm on Thursday 7th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets.

Phase 5: Tickets will then be made available for supporters with 40+ Loyalty Points to purchase from 9.30am on Friday 8th March online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

General Sale: Any remaining tickets will then be made available for general sale from 12 noon on Friday 8thMarch online at afc.co.uk/eTickets, over the phone on 01224 63 1903 and in person from the Pittodrie Ticket Office.

BUYING TICKETS

Tickets can be purchased online 24/7 via afc.co.uk/eTickets and through the Pittodrie Ticket Office or by calling 01224 63 1903 between 9.30am-5.30pm Monday to Friday and from 9.30am-1.30pm on Saturday.

One ticket can be purchased per qualifying account.

TICKET PRICES

Adult £27

Concession £19

Juvenile £10

LOYALTY POINTS

4 AFC Loyalty Points per account will be allocated for this match.

AFC SUPPORTERS BUS

Why not travel to the game on out official supporters’ bus? The bus departs from Pittodrie at 3.15pm Please check-in at 3pm.

Book your place via afc.co.uk/eTickets, through the Pittodrie Ticket Office or by calling 01224 63 1903.

Price – £12

Please note we operate a strict no-alcohol policy on our bus. Any fan with alcohol will be refused travel.

Really wish they weren't called loyalty points.

Steven Gerrard's franchise needs you badly. 

Aye our levels of support have been outstanding given the scraps they’ve had to feed off in recent years. Imagine what it will be like if SG actually manages to win something with us. He’s pretty well thought of as it is. Let’s hope he can bag a couple of pots with us before he takes his next step up.

5 minutes ago, RedRob72 said:

Aye our levels of support have been outstanding given the scraps they’ve had to feed off in recent years. Imagine what it will be like if SG actually manages to win something with us. He’s pretty well thought of as it is. Let’s hope he can bag a couple of pots with us before he takes his next step up.

He has a similar domestic record to Pedro.

Mind Pedro?  I loved Pedro.  :wub:

Archived