Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

Sorry that's just utter mince.
Do the English bigots use it when visiting Everton?
Do Germans use it against Italian/Spanish teams.

As for never being referred to as a ***, you maybe missed the games in the late 70's/80's where Aberdeen fans were called h### or f###### every time the old firm visited

That’s a bold statement [emoji846]

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Snafu said:

I said the word  he covered up in my head as I was reading that and it annoyed me. If I or anyone else tried to defend fans of the other teams other than Celtic or Rangers claiming there is no sectarian views or language ever being used, its hard to defend when someone like  whom you referred to communicates in that manner.  

Also hiding behind  **** instead of just coming out and just saying it is cowardly.

There is no excuse regardless of whatever team the poster supports and there shouldn't be any doubt on a public football forum that the rules on the use of language are not used selectively.

Indeed.  It's (rightly) an unacceptable term on here and needs to be excised.

13 minutes ago, scoobles said:

Sorry that's just utter mince.

Do the English bigots use it when visiting Everton?

Do Germans use it against Italian/Spanish teams.

As for never being referred to as a ***, you maybe missed the games in the late 70's/80's where Aberdeen fans were called h### or f###### every time the old firm visited

I was talking about Scottish bigots, as we are in Scotland. Again regarding me never being called a h*n, I am talking individually. Stevie Clarke was called a f****n having no connection with Celtic , but simply by being a Catholic, which I didn’t know or have any interest in until two weeks ago. No idea of his religion, but if, for instance, Sam Cosgrove is a Protestant, he is not going to get called a h*n by anyone because he has no connection with Rangers.

3 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I notice the Ibrox crowd for the similarly non-televised replay against Kilmarnock in the previous round was 37,918.

Incidentally what kind of allocation did Kilmarnock get that evening?   Any more than the wee corner - presume demand was a wee bit higher than that, considering what they took to Pittodrie last season for the QF.

I would suspect we would want maybe 1,500 for this.

Not sure how many exactly but Killie were given more than 'the corner'.

I was talking about Scottish bigots, as we are in Scotland. Again regarding me never being called a h*n, I am talking individually. Stevie Clarke was called a f****n having no connection with Celtic , but simply by being a Catholic, which I didn’t know or have any interest in until two weeks ago. No idea of his religion, but if, for instance, Sam Cosgrove is a Protestant, he is not going to get called a h*n by anyone because he has no connection with Rangers.
You said everywhere and I responded to that.
I've got to say your views are very nuanced when called upon.

Why bring Sam into it?
I have zip interest in a players religion and find it strange that you do.

2 hours ago, kingjoey said:

. I am a sixty odd year old Protestant who has never, ever been referred to as a h*n, because I don’t support Rangers. It’s like calling a Dundee United supporter an Arab or an Aberdeen supporter a sheep sh*gg*r.

Great.  That's, "My best friend /wife/partner is...so I can't be..." levels of justification.

To illustrate the kind of company you keep you're in consort with @Romeoand @Flybhoyin defending your right to use a term that is not only distasteful but unacceptable on a multi-team forum. 

16 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Great.  That's, "My best friend /wife/partner is...so I can't be..." levels of justification.

To illustrate the kind of company you keep you're in consort with @Romeoand @Flybhoyin defending your right to use a term that is not only distasteful but unacceptable on a multi-team forum. 

The only reason that Rangers fans want the word h*n to be classed as sectarian is because Celtic fans have a word that they get called that is definitely sectarian. You both have to be equal. H*n is not sectarian.

18 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just out of interest, do you find the terms sheep-sh*gg*r and Ar*b distasteful and also unacceptable on a multi-team forum?

5 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

The only reason that Rangers fans want the word h*n to be classed as sectarian is because Celtic fans have a word that they get called that is definitely sectarian. You both have to be equal. H*n is not sectarian.

2 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

Just out of interest, do you find the terms sheep-sh*gg*r and Ar*b distasteful and also unacceptable on a multi-team forum?

You're being daft now.  Just get over yourself.

You're being daft now.  Just get over yourself.
Especially as both teams use that terms for themselves.

As an aside, one of my best mates wears a tshirt with "Unrepentant F##### B######" on it.
He's Irish, he loves it

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's neither distasteful nor sectarian nor unacceptable, you seem to be the only person on here who regularly loses his shit over it, none of the other Rangers fans on here get all hot and bothered over it, perhaps Pie and Bovril isn't for you. Years of drinking toilet duck have turned you into a fucking seething paranoid mess.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

Getting it a bit tight K, what have you done now bro?

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

nor unacceptable

Then just use the letters (in a creative way) instead of hiding behind asterisks.  No one will mind.  Or are you too much of a frequently-banned shite-bag to do that?

10 minutes ago, Glenconner said:

Getting it a bit tight K, what have you done now bro?

Oh just the usual, Bro G.  Laughing at Thistle's strip on the match thread and laughing at neanderthals such as Fat Daz trying to defend The H Bomb.

How's yourself, anyway?   Not heard from you for a while.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Then just use the letters (in a creative way) instead of hiding behind asterisks.  No one will mind.  Or are you too much of a frequently-banned shite-bag to do that?

I don't hide behind asterisks, when you type the three letters into a post it automatically edits it through the word filter, what part of that is difficult for you to understand you thick ***?

Archived