Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

17 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

You can see it's coming from that end purely due to the fact not one of them looks that worried about it coming towards them despite looking directly at it.

Sure, but had I said that I wouldn't have been able to get my "dead club" joke in there.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

In the week when P&B is going mad on offensive language we have shite like this.  Anyway, in the spirit of the game and the thread, here's Debbie Harry singing The Clyde is High:

Shite like what exactly?

10 hours ago, Snafu said:

I said the word  he covered up in my head as I was reading that and it annoyed me. If I or anyone else tried to defend fans of the other teams other than Celtic or Rangers claiming there is no sectarian views or language ever being used, its hard to defend when someone like  whom you referred to communicates in that manner.  

Also hiding behind  **** instead of just coming out and just saying it is cowardly.

There is no excuse regardless of whatever team the poster supports and there shouldn't be any doubt on a public football forum that the rules on the use of language are not used selectively.

If you are referring to the H word, it isn't sectarian.

I've seen on Facebook someone sharing a Rangers page saying the replay faces a live TV ban because there are are Champions League games on?
I thought all that had been done away with?
I'm not sure Premier or the BBC even have rights for replays - neither channel showed the Rangers v Kilmarnock nor the Ross County v Inverness replays in the previous rounds. Both clashed with Champions League games as well mind you.

12 hours ago, H Wragg said:

I've seen on Facebook someone sharing a Rangers page saying the replay faces a live TV ban because there are are Champions League games on?
I thought all that had been done away with?

Nope, we all want to watch Man City beat Schalke 2-0 in the Etihad library by all accounts. 

This has happened for a couple of years now with Hibs v Hearts and Kilmarnock v AFC replays being blacked out last season.

Given the CL Round of 16 takes four weeks out of the calendar, not sure how we ever get televised replays back - used to be worth 90K or so of Sky money for each club.

That rule has been in place for years and smacks of the arrogance and greed of UEFA.

England and other countries ignore the rule and are happy to pay the fine, it is a six figure sum though and that isn't feasible with the meagre by comparison resources in Scottish Football, we had a postponed and rearranged match up at Inverness unable to be televised a few years ago for the same reason, the year Hibs won the cup their quarter final replay with Hearts also couldn't be shown, I'd rather watch any of these games and the replay to this than some CL match between two clubs I couldn't give a fucking toss about but, our views mean little in the grand scheme of things to UEFA and TV companies, England or Germany etc on the other hand......

3 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

That rule has been in place for years and smacks of the arrogance and greed of UEFA.

England and other countries ignore the rule and are happy to pay the fine, it is a six figure sum though and that isn't feasible with the meagre by comparison resources in Scottish Football, we had a postponed and rearranged match up at Inverness unable to be televised a few years ago for the same reason, the year Hibs won the cup their quarter final replay with Hearts also couldn't be shown, I'd rather watch any of these games and the replay to this than some CL match between two clubs I couldn't give a fucking toss about but, our views mean little in the grand scheme of things to UEFA and TV companies, England or Germany etc on the other hand......

In The Netherlands all top flight league matches & most cup matches are televised. It happened recently that a game that was originally postponed ended up being played at 4pm on a Wednesday afternoon, because there was a CL game in Russia kicking off at 6pm due to the time difference. That was the only early KO in the CL, but they still didn't get permission to play at the same time while being live on TV.

18 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

We played well, I’m disappointed as we may have missed our chance to go through it plenty positivity on the performance. Delighted for the likes of Dom ball who was really solid. I would say considine but his miss may have damaged his and i’s relationship beyond repair.

Almost a replica of the second goal vs QoS which he planted away with ease.   Does the magnitude of the opposition make it harder to head the ball properly as he was in splendid isolation to do so?

ps  his second 'chance' was a decent effort, and shame it was McKenna who the rebound fell to, when it needed a simple wee guided missile into the empty part of the net.

1 minute ago, Snafu said:

Then maybe you should use the word you are thinking of more often?

I'm sure the word filter doesn't affect it.

If you type the H word into a post here the word filter replaces it with three asterisks. 

36 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

60 seats have been damaged beyond repair and will need replaced after the weekend's game between Aberdeen and Rangers at Pittodrie. £45 each = £2700. Around a couple of dozen other seats have been damaged. Rangers to be billed.

80 at Easter Road.

Celtic continue to exert their dominance in the Glasgow rivalry.

19 hours ago, Stelling said:

Macinnes' shit is is already smeared all over the Ibrox away changing room. Today was his chance. Old firm final confirmed. TV exec throbbers also confirmed.

Who is Macinnes?

I notice the Ibrox crowd for the similarly non-televised replay against Kilmarnock in the previous round was 37,918.

Incidentally what kind of allocation did Kilmarnock get that evening?   Any more than the wee corner - presume demand was a wee bit higher than that, considering what they took to Pittodrie last season for the QF.

I would suspect we would want maybe 1,500 for this.

3 hours ago, G_Man1985 said:

60 seats have been damaged beyond repair and will need replaced after the weekend's game between Aberdeen and Rangers at Pittodrie. £45 each = £2700. Around a couple of dozen other seats have been damaged. Rangers to be billed.

Best get that invoice in pronto for imediate payment before the latest Close Brothers loan is used up

5 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

If you are referring to the H word, it isn't sectarian.

I’ve argued about this for ages. Catholic’s everywhere will be referred to as f*****s by bigots, regardless of whether they support Celtic, East Fife, Real Madrid, Wigan, or aren’t in the slightest interested in football. The ONLY people in Scotland who are called h**s, are people affiliated to Rangers, no one else. I am a sixty odd year old Protestant who has never, ever been referred to as a h*n, because I don’t support Rangers. It’s like calling a Dundee United supporter an Arab or an Aberdeen supporter a sheep sh*gg*r.

59 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’ve argued about this for ages. Catholic’s everywhere will be referred to as f*****s by bigots, regardless of whether they support Celtic, East Fife, Real Madrid, Wigan, or aren’t in the slightest interested in football. The ONLY people in Scotland who are called h**s, are people affiliated to Rangers, no one else. I am a sixty odd year old Protestant who has never, ever been referred to as a h*n, because I don’t support Rangers. It’s like calling a Dundee United supporter an Arab or an Aberdeen supporter a sheep sh*gg*r.

Hearts and Kilmarnock fans get called it tho....

We also have northern Irish context which is highly relevant here.

I said the word  he covered up in my head as I was reading that and it annoyed me. If I or anyone else tried to defend fans of the other teams other than Celtic or Rangers claiming there is no sectarian views or language ever being used, its hard to defend when someone like  whom you referred to communicates in that manner.  
Also hiding behind  **** instead of just coming out and just saying it is cowardly.
There is no excuse regardless of whatever team the poster supports and there shouldn't be any doubt on a public football forum that the rules on the use of language are not used selectively.
You're havering min.
As has already been pointed out it isn't sectarian and I forgot when typing that the site censors it with ****.

Anyway I see photos and video have now proven they only came from the away end. Unless bears (sic) are sitting on a load of footage and storing it up with footage of us singing imaginary songs at Ibrox, to be released at some point in the future.

Those two clubs fans get it as a wind up that rangers are their ‘big club’ so not sure what your point is there.

I’ve never seen it as a sectarian term, nor do the few rangers fans that I know but I could be mistaken.

The Steve Clarke example shows a difference for me, as far as I know he’s never shown any affiliation to Celtic but he’s been singled out as a ‘******’ because of his background. I don’t think that works the other way.

However, if getting rid of the use of the term **** will go a way to ridding the bile from the stands I’d happily do it. I have my doubts though.

12 minutes ago, bennett said:

Hearts and Kilmarnock don’t get called it. They get called mini-h*ns, as in Rangers are their big team. I don’t think anyone has ever called Hibs supporters mini-f*****s.

I’ve argued about this for ages. Catholic’s everywhere will be referred to as f*****s by bigots, regardless of whether they support Celtic, East Fife, Real Madrid, Wigan, or aren’t in the slightest interested in football. [/b] The ONLY people in Scotland who are called h**s, are people affiliated to Rangers, no one else. I am a sixty odd year old Protestant who has never, ever been referred to as a h*n, because I don’t support Rangers. It’s like calling a Dundee United supporter an Arab or an Aberdeen supporter a sheep sh*gg*r.

Sorry that's just utter mince.

Do the English bigots use it when visiting Everton?

Do Germans use it against Italian/Spanish teams.

As for never being referred to as a ***, you maybe missed the games in the late 70's/80's where Aberdeen fans were called h### or f###### every time the old firm visited

Archived