Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Did Slippy really say this post match ?

My word. If he can’t handle the pressure up here, Liverpool are wasting all that money they are giving Sevco to train him for them.

Rattled.

"Aberdeen trained on the pitch yesterday and it hadn’t been rolled, it hadn’t been cut, it was windy, there was a lot of ball in the air. And Aberdeen are really effective at turning games physical."

Yes, he blamed the pitch and reckons that'll be the difference at Ibrox. 

Man City beat some giddy outfit in England on an absolute mud bath pitch just a few weeks ago.

19 minutes ago, G-MAN said:

Did Slippy really say this post match ?

My word. If he can’t handle the pressure up here, Liverpool are wasting all that money they are giving Sevco to train him for them.

Rattled.

"Aberdeen trained on the pitch yesterday and it hadn’t been rolled, it hadn’t been cut, it was windy, there was a lot of ball in the air. And Aberdeen are really effective at turning games physical."

He still seems to think he's got a vastly superior team, despite managing 1 win against us in 5 games.

52 minutes ago, betting competition said:

Been awhile since Aberdeen fans sung Yer Ma’s a mattress. First time I heard that was in Dnipro in 2007.

Last time I heard it was my pal's stag do. All fucking night. 

Good performance today,. Agree with pretty much all that's been said, we were much the better team and probably deserved the win, but we didn't take our chances, particularly the two set pieces. 

We'll have to do well at Ibrox but we've shown we can do it. I'll be there.

Happy with a draw, not our best game tbf but both teams could've possibly pinched it.

Kevin's early booking on Alfredo the great meant that he was hamstrung for most of the match. Should we have swapped him for Kyle or Defoe?

Kent was probably our best player today, hopefully we up the tempo a bit more at Ibrox.

Cannot believe how outraged this lot are getting over the banner.

Taking a break from their Child Abuse obsession which is a positive I guess...

On 2/25/2019 at 09:04, Bob Mahelp said:

Referees all over Scotland....knowing that there isn't one of them good or big enough to handle this game....will be checking their e-mail inbox this week with trepidation, dreading notification from the SFA that they've been appointed to the funfest next Sunday.

This would have been the ideal opportunity to bring in a foreign referee. But that wouldn't be fair to Rangers, would it ?

If we can actually get someone with the guts to award penalties and red cards when they should be awarded, I can see Aberdeen strolling this game.

Interesting post in the light of the game.  Clancy got the big decisions right - a deserved penalty and a deserved yellow for Morelos.  Your conclusion was awry, thankfully.

BTW (1) I had a swatch at FF - a forum I've been banned from but one beloved of the diddies - and the posters on there are railing against Clancy.  Not sure why.  I thought he was ok.
BTW (2) I watched DUFC vs ICT and that was a match that came within a baw hair of being ruined by inept officials.  Steven McLean is often called a Sellick-minded cheat on the above forum but he isn't.  He's just not very good, as we saw today.

So March 12 at Ibrox for the replay.  Home win ;)

Why ?

We won there earlier this season.

We won at Hampden earlier this season.

Certainly nothing to be scared of.

You think you have a better chance at Ibrox than at home?

Interesting post in the light of the game.  Clancy got the big decisions right - a deserved penalty and a deserved yellow for Morelos.  Your conclusion was awry, thankfully.
BTW (1) I had a swatch at FF - a forum I've been banned from but one beloved of the diddies - and the posters on there are railing against Clancy.  Not sure why.  I thought he was ok.
BTW (2) I watched DUFC vs ICT and that was a match that came within a baw hair of being ruined by inept officials.  Steven McLean is often called a Sellick-minded cheat on the above forum but he isn't.  He's just not very good, as we saw today.
So March 12 at Ibrox for the replay.  Home win [emoji6]

Out of interest how do you get banned from that cesspit of a forum?

I owe you an apology. OK we didn't win like you promised but it was far closer than I thought.

We'll still get fucked in the replay.

No apology necessary. I wasn’t as certain of victory as I made out, more just a dissenting voice against the increasingly tiresome negativity that creeps into our support with ease.

We played well, I’m disappointed as we may have missed our chance to go through it plenty positivity on the performance. Delighted for the likes of Dom ball who was really solid. I would say considine but his miss may have damaged his and i’s relationship beyond repair.

4 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Out of interest how do you get banned from that cesspit of a forum?

On P&B if you call a Mod, "An unmitigated, barely-literate c**t" they would regard it as a badge of honour and (rightly) laugh.  On FF they ban you.  

On P&B if you laugh at a Mod claiming to have mates then you get greenies.  On FF you get banned.

They are hellishly sensitive.

On P&B if you call a Mod, "An unmitigated, barely-literate c**t" they would regard it as a badge of honour and (rightly) laugh.  On FF they ban you.  
On P&B if you laugh at a Mod claiming to have mates then you get greenies.  On FF you get banned.
They are hellishly sensitive.

Ha, all one club forums are pretty poisonous to be fair but FF does seem to have a particularly rigid group think mentality where any dissenting voice is rounded on pretty quickly.

12 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Ha, all one club forums are pretty poisonous to be fair but FF does seem to have a particularly rigid group think mentality where any dissenting voice is rounded on pretty quickly.

My reference was moderating policy.  Now if you want to discuss, "Group think mentality"...

I should edit this post.  FF moderators are sensitive, precious wee souls who get snitty over nothing, in contrast to the decent, broad-shouldered, job done by the mods 'over here'.

In contrast?  P&B is 'group think' writ large.  For a multi-team forum it is astonishing how much the unwritten party line is toed.

Archived