Aberdeen v Sevco - Scottish Cup QF

Frank Grimes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aberdeen were really good but you wonder why they didn't just go all out for it, won't have a better chance at brokebrox

Why ?

We won there earlier this season.

We won at Hampden earlier this season.

Certainly nothing to be scared of.

Good performance only spoiled by not taking our chances. Rangers were dangerous on the break but lack the creativity in the centre to pass their way throught teams. I thought we were tremendous in the first half and showed how we always need to set up against Rangers- be aggressive and press them all over the pitch. Shinnie in particular was tremendous in the first 45 minutes.

My main gripe is that I still think we need to play with a midfield 3. Our defence constantly kicks possession away, even when they're not under pressure. We'd be a much better team with Gleeson (or even Dom Ball) sitting in front of the back 4 and encouraging us to play through midfield more often IMO.

27 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

So many excellent individual performances - Ball, Lowe, Considine (apart from missing an absolute sitter), McKenna, Shinnie all very impressive, and McGinn, McLennan and Cosgrove all put in good shifts. Such a ridiculously soft goal to concede, and that's the second time in two games that Stewart pissing about with the ball in a dangerous position has contributed to the opposition scoring. 

Feels like a proper gut-punch not to win. It's not impossible to do it at Ibrox, but have to sense that today is a big missed opportunity. 

Anybody who's saying Aberdeen "shat the bed" today is either at it or didn't watch the game. 

That's a decent post.  Aberdeen fans on here worried about the back 4 before the match but, as you said,  Ball, Lowe, Considine and McKenna were much better than our equivalents.  Shinnie was the best midfielder on the park.

That was a let off for us.   Not that I'm upset...

Reports coming through of a Sevco fan doing a shite on a wean's sandcastle on Aberdeen beach. By all accounts the kid was just minding his own business, out with his family sunbathing on the beach on this cold, early March Sunday when this big, bloated, Union Jack clad scumbag came along and emptied his bowels on the sandy structure.

Scotland's Shame!

4 minutes ago, MJC said:

Reports coming through of a Sevco fan doing a shite on a wean's sandcastle on Aberdeen beach. By all accounts the kid was just minding his own business, out with his family sunbathing on the beach on this cold, early March Sunday when this big, bloated, Union Jack clad scumbag came along and emptied his bowels on the sandy structure.

Scotland's Shame!

k

Scotland's Shame!

I had a teacher at school called Sandy Structur.

Did Slippy really say this post match ?

My word. If he can’t handle the pressure up here, Liverpool are wasting all that money they are giving Sevco to train him for them.

Rattled.

"Aberdeen trained on the pitch yesterday and it hadn’t been rolled, it hadn’t been cut, it was windy, there was a lot of ball in the air. And Aberdeen are really effective at turning games physical."

Archived