The Binos v Peterhead

After the defeat to Elgin last Saturday its back to Forthbank for 2 home games in the space of 4 days. First up we face Peterhead which should be a difficult game for us, not had to much success over the course of the season against them so hoping Saturday will be the exception. We need to get something from this game to keep us hopefully on track for the 4th spot in the League to get into the playoffs. 

Team will be along the usual lines but still missing long term absentees Lee Hamilton and Kevin Moon. Peaso looks like he will be missing from this game as well.

Would be quite happy with a share of the points on Saturday. 

Prediction Binos 1   Peterhead 1  

I'm still hurting from last years play-offs, but things have changed at Forthbank.  5* goalie, goal scorers in abundance, decent midfield, I could go on. Did we have a reality check at Elgin?  Both teams will be eager and capable of a win.  Can The Blue Toon afford to drop points re title chase, I don't think so. 

Home work for Saturday : When was the last game Albion failed to score?

Can't remember the last time I personally saw us beat Peterhead, a very long time ago anyway. Hopefully that will all change on Saturday.

In reality we really need to win this to claw back the points and hope that Annan are beaten. Very tough ask but not impossible.

I'm still hurting from last years play-offs, but things have changed at Forthbank.  5* goalie, goal scorers in abundance, decent midfield, I could go on. Did we have a reality check at Elgin?  Both teams will be eager and capable of a win.  Can The Blue Toon afford to drop points re title chase, I don't think so. 

Last time was against Peterhead back in October 2018 ?

4 hours ago, Dumb yatt said:

1 hour ago, rhliston said:

Last time was against Peterhead back in October 2018 ?

Or Cowden same month.

2 hours ago, JakeSAFC said:

Was the Cowden game in October. Thats a decent record that.

Yes, that was my point. We seem to be freely scoring goals and if Peterhead want to take something from game they may have to score once or more.

Month or so ago I would have happily lost the games against PFC and EC.  Not now.

For those travelling hope the by-pass makes your journey less of a pain.

Yes, that was my point. We seem to be freely scoring goals and if Peterhead want to take something from game they may have to score once or more.

With a strike force of McAlister, Lyle and Sutherland goals shouldnt be to hard to come by for them tbh.

4 minutes ago, JakeSAFC said:

With a strike force of McAlister, Lyle and Sutherland goals shouldnt be to hard to come by for them tbh.

Has not been as easy as that with Shane just back & neither Rory or Del on top form. Have said a few times have only really seen us play as well as I would have expected once this season & that was down at Berwick.

C'mon Jakey boy keep the faith, and huv yer pin up boy score the winner v the Fish Town and we'll see you Tues for a gid battle for two entertaining teams.....best team wins..

Unreal scenes when we win both games.

Not the greatest of games neither team deserved to get anything from this game but thanks to a McAllister goal in the 1st half they take the points. Second half felt we were the better team but just could not get the equaliser to get a share of the points today. 

Given results elsewhere we are now down to 6th spot , 7 points behind Annan and Elgin have moved above us with a game in hand. 

Need to get the 3 points on Tuesday night against Clyde to hopefully get us back to winning ways. 

Agree it was not a classic but from our point of view its another 3pts in the bag & we can move on. We probably were on top first half & a good header from Rory proved to be the winner. Stirling pushed us back a bit in the 2nd half but we had a couple great chances to kill the game off that went a begging.

Anyway feel free to hit top form on Tuesday & hope the points stay at home.

Archived