INDEPENDENT GROUP

MEADOWXI

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

Comparing supposed anti-Semitism to Iraq is a belter.  
Personally I think the whole ‘anti-Semitism in the Labour Party’ has been hugely exaggerated for narrow political purposes.

So we both agree that Corbyn never had the courage to stand up to Blair by resigning from Labour and showing him the support in the country for a more left wing Labour party.

But now Corbyn is throwing his toys out the cot because people have the courage to stand up to him.  :angel

Corbyn hasn't thrown his toys out the pram. He has quite reasonably stated there should be by elections.

I assume Corbyn did not leave the Labour Party because he understands that the party has been the vehicle for all the economic and social progress made by the working class and marginalised communities in the UK and that the party was redeemable and could again become the instrument of the UK working class movement.

Umunna and his cronies joined the party to subvert the working class movement in the interests of capital. If they have zero control over the party they can do very little damage so they left. They will now use their Labour won MP status as a weapon to attack the party during the next General Election.

Edited by Detournement

6 minutes ago, dorlomin said:

So we both agree that Corbyn never had the courage to stand up to Blair by resigning from Labour and showing him the support in the country for a more left wing Labour party.

But now Corbyn is throwing his toys out the cot because people have the courage to stand up to him.  :angel

Mmmm.  I don’t think a political party is defined by its leader, it’s designed by its policies.

I think in a genuine democracy people need real choices, something that is denied in the U.K. parliament due to FPTP.

Nonetheless even in that flawed system we need parties that span the political spectrum; that was denied when Blair was party leader.  At least now people have a real choice.

1 minute ago, MixuFixit said:

Considering one of the IG is a well documented homophobe, and another one has just blurted out something racist they sure are particular about which prejudices rile them up.

So far no one in the MSM is seriously challenging these people, they are simply parroting their statements.

Considering one of the IG is a well documented homophobe, and another one has just blurted out something racist they sure are particular about which prejudices rile them up.

Which is the crux of the problem. I think Luciana Berger has suffered anti-semitism and it’s clearly still a problem in British society but these wankers who couldn’t go one day without saying something racist on the TV, who have a well documented homophobe in their ranks, who have members who have frequently voted for tougher asylum controls and other anti-migrant measures, have indulged the far right on immigration, and have supported austerity which disproportionately affects minorities barely have a shred of credibility between them to lecture others on racism.

48 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

Who's the homophobe?

Which is the crux of the problem. I think Luciana Berger has suffered anti-semitism and it’s clearly still a problem in British society but these wankers who couldn’t go one day without saying something racist on the TV, who have a well documented homophobe in their ranks, who have members who have frequently voted for tougher asylum controls and other anti-migrant measures, have indulged the far right on immigration, and have supported austerity which disproportionately affects minorities barely have a shred of credibility between them to lecture others on racism.
Has anyone mentioned she's "heavily pregnant" today ? Seems to be of major relevance everytime I hear her name in the media..

1 hour ago, MixuFixit said:

This is similar to my little spat yesterday with a poster on here, he, along with many others, didn't appear to have a problem with labelling people as "stalinists" etc, however turned into "snowflake of the year" at the slightest criticism of any of the dissenting MP's.

It really is very strange behaviour.

Grieve and Greening are making very big noises at walking out on the Tories if we are headed towards a No Deal exit. Seems this group has given the non batshit mentalists some leverage, something they can credibly claim to be willing to do do put the skids under the headbangers No Deal.

If the fall out of all this was Brexit being delayed, the emotional meltdowns across the Brexitsphere would be a real deck chair and popcorn moment 8), because they know as well as I do, every cold snap brings us closer to a Remain majority.

2 hours ago, Loondave1 said:

Has anyone mentioned she's "heavily pregnant" today ? Seems to be of major relevance everytime I hear her name in the media..

Hopefully she takes a leaf out of Ruth Davidson's book and spends her entire maternity leave in a top secret location with no telephone or internet access.

7 minutes ago, Detournement said:

Hopefully she takes a leaf out of Ruth Davidson's book and spends her entire maternity leave in a top secret location with no telephone or internet access.

She'll have to find a different media blackout hole from whichever one they'll have had to have shoved that poundshop Tim Farron, Gavin Shuker, into.

Theory: The Independent Group will collapse when Philip Davies announces he is joining due to their overrepresentation of females - discriminating against men - and the group, since they’re not an actual party, can’t really do anything about it.

13 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

YouGov poll on Westminster voting intetion, carried out 18/19 February.

Conservative - 38%

Labour - 26%

Independent Group - 14%

Lib Dems - 7%

1983graph.jpg

The other big break away had good polling for a short while then faded.

That said the supercharged clusterfarce of brexit is barreling towards us and its destructive wake might just leave a bad taste in the mouth from those who supported it.

YouGov poll on Westminster voting intetion, carried out 18/19 February.
Conservative - 38%
Labour - 26%
Independent Group - 14%
Lib Dems - 7%

The Lib Dem’s getting trounced in the Europhile centre ground by a party that isn’t actually a party, has only existed for a few days and whose MPs have already made some stupid gaffes.