Accies v Sevco

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

We are in for this treatment at Ibrox next week so I'm not gloating, however, I reckon Accies will regret bulleting Canning.

No, however we may well regret replacing him with yet another puppet.

What we needed was a manager with experience of being in full control of a club. Twice now we've allegedly had 50+ applications for the vacant hot seat yet appointed someone with absolutely no experience of that.

I like Brian Rice's positivity, however I'm not sure that's enough.

No, however we may well regret replacing him with yet another puppet.
What we needed was a manager with experience of being in full control of a club. Twice now we've allegedly had 50+ applications for the vacant hot seat yet appointed someone with absolutely no experience of that.
I like Brian Rice's positivity, however I'm not sure that's enough.

As soon as you are told you need to work with a director of football who presumably has the final say on signings etc those 50 applicants go down to about 5 imo. We’ve defo hired another yes man though.

1 hour ago, The DA said:

Even you could get a goal against Hamilton, bennett.

1 hour ago, Nightmare said:

To get a goal against Hamilton, bennett would have to actually be inside the stadium, which is something that never happens.

10 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

You need to be at a ground to score.

PS - What an embarrassing score line.

Late to the party, Dindy...saved by your attempt at self-deprecation...

Lovely people those Sevco fans. 'Tiny minority' though.
I genuinely had no clue about the Clarke stuff as I take zero interest in either of the Old Firm and all their bollocks.

It is why it’ll never change.

They’ve been called out directly on the problem and the reaction from a significant number of their fans tells you a story.

Treated with such derision that they’ve gone out their way to mock Clarke publicly.

Canning had some awful capitulations against the arse cheeks, 0-3 at home to Celtic, who had a man sent off at 0-1 springs to mind. There was also this season's late collapse to Rangers. Strangely he had a few very respectable narrow defeats away to them, including 1-0 this season at both grounds.

Rice made a mistake not playing 451. We're still at least three points better off than if we'd kept Canning. He was never winning that St Johnstone game.

Rangers fans persist with sectarian chants at Hamilton

Steve Clarke's appeal over sectarianism fell on deaf ears with some Rangers fans who repeated the chants that offended the Kilmarnock manager on Wednesday.

Clarke had accused the Rangers fans who called him a "****** b******" of living in the Dark Ages following his team's William Hill Scottish Cup defeat at Ibrox.

The former Chelsea player - who revealed he had been approached by Rangers over their managerial vacancy last year - later appeared at a media conference with his captain, Kris Boyd, to call for action and education over Scottish football's sectarian problems.

Former Rangers striker Boyd had been subjected  to sectarian abuse by Celtic fans days earlier.

Rangers chairman Dave King offered a "sincere apology" to Clarke over the "unwarranted abuse" on Friday.

But Clarke was again branded a "****** b******" by a small section of Rangers fans during the first half of their Ladbrokes Premiership game against Hamilton on Sunday as they chanted the same "Cheer up Steve Clarke" song which he complained about in midweek.

A banner stating "Get well soon Steve Clarke" had earlier been unveiled by some visiting fans at the Hope CBD Stadium before kick-off. 

SCUM....

4 hours ago, Aufc said:

Still better than supporting hamilton

Airdrie,the place we send our rejects so probably Mimmnaugh and Keatings,Gogic etc will end up there.

As plenty of us predicted,that team would get steamrolled by an on form Rangers midfield.The team that started the second half should have been the team that started  the game as a blind man could see you keep it tight and then push on last 30 minutes.

Two weeks in a row,Rice has been naive and starting a similar team will lead to thrashings at Pittodrie and Fir Park.

Canninesque- although give him his due -he shut up shop in these games for a reason.Instead,we went the total opposite and were blown away.

I still reckon Les Gray/Ronnie McDonald told him to start the young boy;total madness as physically of the kids,he is the least equipped for first team football at the moment.

Any Accies fan who thinks we would have been better keeping the jumper is deluded. His time was up (and had been for a while).

Brian Rice may not be the answer but unfortunately his learning curve is having to happen as we are fighting for our lives, although I must admit we didn't do too much fighting today, in the first half we were far too nice and the first 3 goals were terrible defensively. I expected Rice to come out afterwards and say he had got the team wrong and should have started with a stronger midfield, but he was quite bullish and said he would start the same line-up if he had his time back, Hopefully he was being disingenuous, because we gifted Rangers the game by not tackling or even trying to tackle or even thinking about trying to tackle. Rangers clearly deserved their win and we can have no arguments as we just weren't good enough today.

Not that it would have changed the game, other than perhaps the winning margin, but the referee made some strange decisions. The Ziggy tackle should have been a penalty first off, but playing the advantage to allow a shot to be taken, but missed, before calling the play back for the spot kick seems very odd. If he thought that there was an advantage to be had, then by his logic the only thing that would have stopped him giving the penalty was for Rangers to score. When they didn't, through their own poor execution, he gave the penalty. The advantage had already been gained by them having the chance to shoot, unimpeded, so to bring it back after they missed seems to be one step of the advantage rule too far. Although it is Rangers after all.

To compound that penalty decision, I would love to hear his explanation for not giving a penalty when Oakley was kicked in the head while standing up in their box. He had penalised Defoe shortly before that for dangerous feet when Ziggy was bent over and Defoe's feet were about waist height,  so how he can see that challenge and not give a penalty when it was clearly dangerous was bizarre. Although it is Rangers after all.

And finally - perhaps for some time - we come to the fan 'experience' when playing either of the arse cheeks. It took roughly 30 seconds for the Pope to get his first mention and he must be some manager if he merits such reference. Continued bile from the majority and a scarcely believable mocking of Steve Clarke for having the temerity to be called a religious b*****d means that for me the spectre of relegation is somewhat softened by not having to listen and see all of their sh!te for a while. If Rangers had any intention of stamping out sectarianism in their support - which, remember, they abhor - a quick and easy way to begin the process would be to ban their supporters from displaying their banners at away grounds. A quick look shows enough references to religion/loyalism to apparently be easily distinguishable from purely declaring their love for their team. Unless this is one and the same thing. Not the case, according to their apologists,  so everyone else must just be imagining things. It is Rangers after all.

I think their penalty was fair enough. How many times do you see a referee blow too early for a pen only for someone to stick it in the net, and you think, why couldn't the ref have waited a couple more seconds? Can't complain when one does wait, it was excellent refereeing. Not giving us the Oakley penalty was rotten refereeing.

Rangers fans persist with sectarian chants at Hamilton

Steve Clarke's appeal over sectarianism fell on deaf ears with some Rangers fans who repeated the chants that offended the Kilmarnock manager on Wednesday.
Clarke had accused the Rangers fans who called him a "****** b******" of living in the Dark Ages following his team's William Hill Scottish Cup defeat at Ibrox.
The former Chelsea player - who revealed he had been approached by Rangers over their managerial vacancy last year - later appeared at a media conference with his captain, Kris Boyd, to call for action and education over Scottish football's sectarian problems.

Former Rangers striker Boyd had been subjected  to sectarian abuse by Celtic fans days earlier.
Rangers chairman Dave King offered a "sincere apology" to Clarke over the "unwarranted abuse" on Friday.
But Clarke was again branded a "****** b******" by a small section of Rangers fans during the first half of their Ladbrokes Premiership game against Hamilton on Sunday as they chanted the same "Cheer up Steve Clarke" song which he complained about in midweek.
A banner stating "Get well soon Steve Clarke" had earlier been unveiled by some visiting fans at the Hope CBD Stadium before kick-off. 

SCUM....

Cracking banner. Right roond ye finport

Guest Moomintroll
I had to have a shower with a brillo pad and bleach after willing Rangers to a high scoring victory, but here we are. 
Try wire brush and dettol if that didn't work.

24 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
3 hours ago, Dee Man said:
I had to have a shower with a brillo pad and bleach after willing Rangers to a high scoring victory, but here we are. 

Try wire brush and dettol if that didn't work.

Thanks for the advice but I'm sorted now. 

I'm just out of shot here...

images (23).jpeg

Archived