Berwick v Elgin

It impossible to defend another 3 - 0 home defeat. 

Yeah, I don't think Elgin were very good, and the ref was seriously piss-poor, but the worst thing with knobs on, was Berwick Rangers.  Once again we deserved to get beat at home. You can always fluke a point when you play crap, but we don't get close to that because we are not good enough to be categorised as crap. We are much worse than Elgin in terms of ability, determination and quality. 

Probably worth mentioning Bob Wilson for proving once again that he is out of his depth, but overall I just feel hugely sorry for Lewis Barr. 

Great result. Great to see a clean sheet. If we can keep it tight at the back we can score against anybody. Blaming the ref iafter a 3 0 spanking which could have been worse is  bordering on the desperate. If I were Berwick I would be thanking the footballing gods for Albion!

2 hours ago, dougster said:

I’m beginning to think Cowden Phil has a point 

Cheers pal. Must be gutting for him that the players have let him down again. I feel for your gaffer but what he seems to try doesn't seem to be working.

Have the players he brought in with him made any real impact? 

Poor show again I’m afraid. Probably receive a lot of backlash as usual but why is our manager attending the cowden Albion game on Tuesday when quite clearly he should be with the team at training. Time on the training field is limited as it is, concentrate on us and don’t worry about other teams maybe we won’t get humped every week! 

My pet hate is blaming referees, granted some are horrific but on a whole they are not the reason we are getting papped. 

Wasn't there yesterday but the two senisble people I spoke to that were both said we played well and didn't get important decisions from the referee, basically matching up with the manager's post game interview. 

Highlights show we created a good few chances and backup those representations. 

3-0 another sore one to take but with Brydon to come back in, hopefully we can stop conceding cheap goals.

Tough one midweek then a cup final next Saturday.  

37 minutes ago, Disc Potato said:

Wasn't there yesterday but the two senisble people I spoke to that were both said we played well and didn't get important decisions from the referee, basically matching up with the manager's post game interview. 

Highlights show we created a good few chances and backup those representations. 

3-0 another sore one to take but with Brydon to come back in, hopefully we can stop conceding cheap goals.

Tough one midweek then a cup final next Saturday.  

I was there and you fairly well spot on. Their first goal looked foul on Berwick keeper, Berwick maybe should have had spot kick then a certain foul near box later then they broke away and Robert Wilson gifted them second goal so all over. Elgin played well but I think a 3 -0 was no relection. Referee was very poor.

On the basis of the highlights both teams missed good chances and a more clinical team would have scored 2 or 3 against Elgin. However we appear to be moving the ball quicker up front without Sutherland  and hopefully we can get another win on Tuesday against QP. Peterhead on Saturday is a different ball game and a point there would be real progress.  I think that is unlikely but you never know. Omar is improving with every game.

Only thing Berwick should be pissed off with is not getting a free kick before we broke for the second goal. No idea how you could possibly call that a foul on the keeper for our first and didn't think much of Berwick's shout for a penalty either.

Chuffed that McLeish got a goal, he gets a lot of stick from our fans but if we are moving the ball about quicker up top he'll benefit from it.

Archived