East Fife v Arbroath

ToB perhaps lucky to stay on pitch for penalty too when already booked, I thought he wasn’t up to high standards tonight, 

Kader struggled a lot and didn’t offer anything when I’m good positions, Donnelly has some decent touches but for his size he didn’t win anything in air, apart from his miss, But I think he was more involved in game than Spence, game just passed him by, Was a shame because Wallace looked sharp when on, 

Dj man of the match for us with Little not far behind, 

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

doris was stripped to come on then gold got injured dc just put whatley back and brought gav on. but agree with 1320 doris should of been on sooner anyway. spence again very poor donnelly a bit better but how he missed that chance second half who knows. for me jamesion motm just for that save

After we scored early, Arbroath looked very quick and mobile and it was no surprise when they equalised. Was delighted to get to half time all square. We came out like a totally different team in the second half and were unlucky not to go ahead when we hit the inside of the post. Arbroath seemed to get a lift after the apology of a penalty from Docherty. Donnelly should have scored with a free header 6 yards out.
All in all a really good entertaining game and it shows how far we have come that the players and fans are gutted that we haven’t inflicted the runaway leaders first defeat on their travels.
Dick Campbell is not everyone’s cup of tea but the guy is a character that the game needs more of. He enjoys the banter with o-posing fans and can give it as well as take it. I have no problem with that. Fair play to Arbroath, the league table doesn’t lie and they are obviously the most consistent team in the league and will deservedly win the title.
Thought Stewart Murdoch was excellent tonight and was great in the air considering he’s not the tallest. Think he may move into midfield if Ross Dunlop returns on Sat. Broque Watson did really well tonight and looks as though he’ll be a good addition for the remainder of the season. Hopefully we can get at least a point on Sat and then go on a wee winning streak to cement our play off spot. Well done to Darren Young tonight who despite having made a number of changes, managed to get an excellent response from the players at half time.

Really good game that I thought. Agreed that Arbroath were well ahead in the first half and we were hanging on a bit by the end. Second half we were the better team, really should have scored another, apart from the penalty, but Arbroath also had a great chance to win it.

Really liked the look of Broque Watson as well. Good dig in the middle of the park and a threat going forward.

Congratulations to our good lichtie pals on strolling the league, really impressed with the squad Dick's built there. Hopefully join you for a wee jaunt to the Championship next season.

doris was stripped to come on then gold got injured dc just put whatley back and brought gav on. but agree with 1320 doris should of been on sooner anyway. spence again very poor donnelly a bit better but how he missed that chance second half who knows. for me jamesion motm just for that save

A lot of injuries going by DC interview so hopefully Doris gets a start soon. Need him or McKenna up there for the ball to stick and for someone to challenge for it. Wallace can do it too by taking it in to his body and holding it up but he's potentially fucked too.

Can see Whatley dropping to the defence and McKenna dropping to centre midfield.

A lot of injuries going by DC interview so hopefully Doris gets a start soon. Need him or McKenna up there for the ball to stick and for someone to challenge for it. Wallace can do it too by taking it in to his body and holding it up but he's potentially fucked too.

Can see Whatley dropping to the defence and McKenna dropping to centre midfield.

Saying he’s thinking of trying to bring in a defender on loan. Think hammy’s injury could be serious but guess we’ll just have to wait on the scan results.

Saying he’s thinking of trying to bring in a defender on loan. Think hammy’s injury could be serious but guess we’ll just have to wait on the scan results.

Hopefully Gold is just tight and not injured got told he was doing a light warm down

3 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

The EFTV is awesome, had a chuckle when the guy doing the commentary thought Linton had scored, then asked if he could edit it out on the highlights emoji23.png

Arbroath have been the better team and knocking the ball around well but Long hasn’t had much to do, but certainly look more like scoring than us at the moment. Jamieson hasn’t had a save to make and I think it won’t be too long before we see Dowds and/or Smith as Court and RC have been pretty quiet but we haven’t created much for them to be honest.

I would still take a point right now.

Well seen you werent at the game Currie the goal scorer was outstanding for us tonight covered every blade of astro and considering Johnny Court has had hardly any game time thought he done excellent thoroughly deserved a win against an excellent Arbroath side every East Fife player can hold their head high!!:thumsup2

58 minutes ago, EFOFF.SIDE said:

Well seen you werent at the game Currie the goal scorer was outstanding for us tonight covered every blade of astro and considering Johnny Court has had hardly any game time thought he done excellent thoroughly deserved a win against an excellent Arbroath side every East Fife player can hold their head high!!:thumsup2

Agree about Currie and Court. No failures tonight. DC must have thought a weakness would be  our untried central defence and there was a lot of high ball which we handled very well. Special mention to Meggat who was immense. 

Cant remember who it was but the Arbroath player booked in the first half for a tackle from behind was lucky not to get a red.

A draw probably fair but a great performance and an exciting game to watch.

I still can’t get my head around The abuse both the team and individual players get from some “supporters”  Apart from a terrible decision from Docherty, who I thought played quite well otherwise, there were no failures yet the usual suspects still shout abuse.  Just about understandable if the team or a player are massively underperforming but tonight......... some sad people around.

Agree about Currie and Court. No failures tonight. DC must have thought a weakness would be  our untried central defence and there was a lot of high ball which we handled very well. Special mention to Meggat who was immense. 
Cant remember who it was but the Arbroath player booked in the first half for a tackle from behind was lucky not to get a red.
A draw probably fair but a great performance and an exciting game to watch.
I still can’t get my head around The abuse both the team and individual players get from some “supporters”  Apart from a terrible decision from Docherty, who I thought played quite well otherwise, there were no failures yet the usual suspects still shout abuse.  Just about understandable if the team or a player are massively underperforming but tonight......... some sad people around.

McKenna. That wasn't even a foul, never mind a red.

A few observations

1. A cracking game, great advert for League 1

2. Arbroath are an excellent side & are at the top of the league on merit but you know what, even with wholesale changes we are not far behind at all.

3. Going out on one here but I thought the referee handled the game very well and let quite a lot go which added to flow of the game. On another night with a different ref McKenna could easily have been sent off. I think a booking was right but it had been the ref we had on Saturday it would have been a straight red.

4. Couldn't understand why O'Brien wasn't booked at the pen but having already been booked (forgot about that at the time) a sending off would have been harsh so think the ref called that right too!

5. A few EF players staked a claim for a start this Saturday particularly Broque Watson & Stewart Murdoch. Gives Darren a good headache ahead of what is a crucial game.

6. Rab Douglas doesnt have a sense of humour during a game, booo!

7. In all honesty before last night I hadn't been impressed by Darren Jamieson in the two previous games but thought he was excellent last night. His save from Dowds' header was outstanding. Had a wee bit a banter with him during the warm up & came across as a top bloke.

Game in Smokieville should be a belter but I think the league will be sewn up long before we go there.

A few observations
2. Arbroath are an excellent side & are at the top of the league on merit but you know what, even with wholesale changes we are not far behind at all.
3. Going out on one here but I thought the referee handled the game very well and let quite a lot go which added to flow of the game. On another night with a different ref McKenna could easily have been sent off. I think a booking was right but it had been the ref we had on Saturday it would have been a straight red.
4. Couldn't understand why O'Brien wasn't booked at the pen but having already been booked (forgot about that at the time) a sending off would have been harsh so think the ref called that right too!
5. A few EF players staked a claim for a start this Saturday particularly Broque Watson & Stewart Murdoch. Gives Darren a good headache ahead of what is a crucial game.
7. In all honesty before last night I hadn't been impressed by Darren Jamieson in the two previous games but thought he was excellent last night. His save from Dowds' header was outstanding. Had a wee bit a banter with him during the warm up & came across as a top bloke.
Game in Smokieville should be a belter but I think the league will be sewn up long before we go there.

Also shows the strength of our squad..... to have so many necessary changes( due to the fixtures backlog) and play so well should give us added confidence in the weeks ahead.

A few observations

Good to see your confidence Liam but I really think it's still Arbroath's League to lose!!!
Eta was it Dowds' header, thought it was Kev that got to it???

Was impressed with East Fife.

Court led the line well in the first half but maybe didn't have enough support while Watson played well in the 2nd. Watson looks absolutely rapid.

Jamieson superb, no chance with the goal and didn't think he would have had a chance with that late header. If we still had David Hutton, I'm not sure we'd even be top.

32 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

What made it a foul?

Excessive force & tackling from the rear. Stupid rule excessive force but if it had been applied it would have been red.

Also had to laugh at the Smokies fans going apoplectic when Donnolly was given offside in his own half. In that situation the rule is the free is taken from where the player touches the ball not where he is flagged offside. Here endeth the lesson. 

35 minutes ago, King Kebab said:

Good to see your confidence Liam but I really think it's still Arbroath's League to lose!!!
Eta was it Dowds' header, thought it was Kev that got to it???

See what you did there KK! Might have been Kev haven't seen it back yet

Archived