East Fife v Arbroath

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully he no longer is on the penalties post Agnew- i refuse to criticise one of our players/ but Darren help!
Aggys been on the pens since the absolute cringeathon that was their mid game argument over who takes the pens (which Sparky missed but we scored from the rebound).

Decent game, a draw was probably the fair result in the end... Although we knew that before kick off anyway.

Arbroath the better team in the first half without creating too many chances but they are a very good team and you can see why they are miles ahead at the top of the league. Wallace going off was probably good for us as Spence didn’t really offer much and isn’t going to trouble our defence for pace.

We have plenty of dig in midfield but clearly still lacking that Agnew type player as too often we are looking for balls over the top which is easy for O’Brien and Little who strolled the game. Better 2nd half with Watson improving and looks a decent loan signing.

That penalty by Docherty though! He obviously knew that we had settled for a draw but was a really shit attempt at a panenka and I would think that will be penalty duties over for the season.

Kudos also to the guys/girls that run EFTV, I can watch the midweek games live as the games kick off at 8.45am here but weekend games are at 4am. Very good coverage and commentary and only for £5. Very much appreciated.

Arbroath edges first half, East Fife  edged second with us pushing on for last 5-10, Could of lost with penalty but could of won it with Donnelly header from a yard out, 

Decent point at a tough place, 

Be down to bare bones on Saturday with Wallace McKenna and Gold going off injured and Hammy limping im stand, 

Jameson making sure he won that point for Arbroath, not just the penalty save (it was a piss poor penalty tbf) but his save from Smith's header at the end was an absolute worldy!!!

Aggys been on the pens since the absolute cringeathon that was their mid game argument over who takes the pens (which Sparky missed but we scored from the rebound).
Aggy was on the penalties before the absolute cringeathon as well, it was just Sparky's need to be centre stage that caused that farce and his need to be so again that convinced him to try and chip the keeper!!!

He missed his last penalty he shouldn't even have been taking the one tonight!!!

16 points clear remain :thumsup2

Glad Donnelly got us the goal but aside from the goal I saw nothing from him, should of scored an easy header so did he lose us a point or gain us one? He looked completely lost at times throughout the game especially in the second half! Spence not impressed with again. 

Omar definitely man of the match for me along with DJ 

Disappointed from pongos performance when he came on and felt sorry for Doris getting stripped but unfortunately golds injury came about. 

A really good advert for the seaside league, a very enjoyable 90 minutes. Arbroath started the game at some pace and we took the lead very much against the run of play. Good finish by Currie. Arbroath kept up the pace and I was mighty pleased to see Wallace go off as he Looked in the mood as he usually does against his old team. Based on what I saw tonight he looks like Arbroath best striker by a country mile. It was no surprise when Arbroath equalised. Fair play to East Fife for hanging on in there till half time. Don’t know what was said at half time but East Fife came out like a different team. We were very unlucky not. to take the lead when Currie beat the keeper all ends up only to see his strike hit the inside of the post and rebound to safety. Both teams went for it and the game swung from end to end. Then the penalty Dunsmore came round on the blind side of the full back and got to the ball first and the full back hit him late stonewaller. I knew that Docherty would miss that was an insult to the effort the rest of his team mates put into that game. The manager has to take the blame for allowing him to take the penalties after the carry on the last time. Then Arbroath keeper made a fantastic diving save from a header that was heading into the top corner. Arbroath missed a golden chance when a point  blank header went over the bar. Thought Murdoch looked good and had a solid game will be a good addition for the run in. Young Broque also grew into the game and deserves another chance as he showed good pace and touch. On to station park in our next instalment of our Angus triple header.

Cracking game of football and I think we were unlucky not to come away with the 3 points in the end but happy with a point.  Arbroath better team first half and us second half. We could have been out of sight first 15 mins of second half, End to end stuff so credit to both sets of players for getting stuck in.

What on earth was Docherty thinking with the penalty FFS? Idiot.

Arbroath a decent side and you can see why they are running away with the league.

Happy with that and an enjoyable Tuesday night!

Special mention to Dick. Guy has a great sense of humour and gave as good as he got:thumsup2

#SmokiePals

I felt like we had 9 men in that second half with Donnelly (who was good first half) and Kader. Can't believe someone is saying he was MOTM. Bobby Linn is so good on the other side the boy on the other wing gets some slack. Can't beat a man and put a cross in to save himself. He does work hard but for a team at the top of the league is that good enough?

Denholm surely a better option. Why Doris never came on for Donnelly either I'll never know. Nobody to hold it up second half. McCord was superb when he came on.

Jamieson saves were outstanding he really is a superb keeper. I'd be raging at Docherty for that.

Anyway it's another game gone with our lead intact.

Anyway on to Dumbarton

ETA: I'm havering, been told Doris never come on cause Gold was injured

Cracking game to watch. Could have gone either way. Yes, Docherty missed a penalty which is as poor a penalty as I have seen, but Donnelly missed a sitter with his head no more than a metre out.

Murdoch looks like he could be useful and how we miss Agnew for a little bit guile in the middle of the park. Wasn't too confident when I saw the team sheet but each player stepped up to the mark especially in the second half.

I do enjoy Arbroath games because of the banter usually directed at Dick Campbell and he can't help taking the bait. All great stuff.

But I must be consistent and slag off the referee. As with all league one referees he was awful, probably tired being up early for his paper round. He was probably the last pick when the teams were being picked at school so decided to get his own back and be a referee.

Archived